Lubbock, TX
✟823.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Here's what I caught.

Then there was this.

So did I take it wrong that one should repent because you deem smoking weed as unhelpful?

its not me that deems it, its God.

maybe you should read the whole post that talks about "all things are lawful"

all your concerns are in that post.

Upvote 0

1Em1Esseswife

May 22, 2012
✟495.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
its not me that deems it, its God.

maybe you should read the whole post that talks about "all things are lawful"

all your concerns are in that post.

Yeah, I reread it all.
Now I have another concern.
Who told you that as soon as you take a hit, the Holy Spirit abandons you?
Please pay attention to Christ.
Eating or drinking will not put an evil thought into your heart.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

IOWLBNIF

Repenter
Jun 13, 2012
Lubbock, TX
✟823.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yeah, I reread it all.
Now I have another concern.
Who told you that as soon as you take a hit, the Holy Spirit abandons you?
Please pay attention to Christ.
Eating or drinking will not put an evil thought into your heart.

where did i say it abandons you.

or are you just basing it on what you think i said?

Upvote 0
E

Elioenai26

How easy it is for our intentions to become detremental when we would have had them work for the good.

This thread need not devolve into argument and debate. The gentleman simply asked if smoking weed was a sin.

When one realizes that their body is a temple of the Holy Spirit who lives inside of them, and that their body is not their own, but the Lord's, then it is their responsibility to submit to the Lordship of Christ and offer themselves as a living sacrifice to Him.

Each person's knowledge of what is pleasing in God's sight is different. Some have more knowledge, some have less. God examines a person's intentions and heart. Not everyone is mature in the faith and Christ knows where each one's heart is.

The weak in faith are not to judge those who are strong nor are the strong to judge the weak. All that we do must be done out of love.

Now as one who once smoked marijuana, I can attest personally that for me it is sin. I can in no way justify inhaling harmful carbon monoxide into my lungs in order to get high. It does harm to my body, which is the Lord's, so if I smoke weed, or use any mind altering drug for the explicit purpose of altering my mental and physical state, it is sin.

It is immaterial to me whether it is permissible by law to consume marijuana or not. As a follower of Christ, I must live in a manner worthy of the gospel. As followers of Christ we are to live blameless in the sight of God and man. It is easy for a man to live according to the laws of their country. We as Christians follow a more noble more supreme ethic. We follow the way of Christ.

Upvote 0

1Em1Esseswife

May 22, 2012
✟495.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Now as one who once smoked marijuana, I can attest personally that for me it is sin. I can in no way justify inhaling harmful carbon monoxide into my lungs in order to get high. It does harm to my body, which is the Lord's, so if I smoke weed, or use any mind altering drug for the explicit purpose of altering my mental and physical state, it is sin.

You are right it is simply a lack of faith on your part.
As it is God who gives us our faith, then it is not a matter of pride as to who has more.(NO DEBATE)
We know that if it is not of faith it is sin.
Therefore I will not ask you to repent for your lack of faith.
As I will not repent for having an abundance.
I do nothing to offend a weaker brother, I have not so much as said if I smoke or not.
I will however try to impart to you understanding of what Christ said.
If He shows you I am right and you become convinced in your mind, then no harm no foul.:thumbsup:

Upvote 0
E

Elioenai26

The brother who asked the question in the OP is seeking godly counsel from his brothers and sisters on something that he is dealing with. Being insensitive to him as a person and merely quoting scripture and using disparaging remarks about him or persons who use drugs in general is not going to be effective. We are to speak the truth in love and are to seek the good of others before ourselves. The spirit in which several of these replies are written is critical, harsh, insensitive and judgmental. Let us brothers and sisters make it our aim to encourage one another and not tear one another down.

If after several attempts it is evident that the brother is not willing to receive correction or advice, let him be. He shall answer to God, not any of us. Our duty will have been fulfilled with regards to him.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

IOWLBNIF

Repenter
Jun 13, 2012
Lubbock, TX
✟823.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Could you be confusing judgement with discernment?
Who told who to repent?:idea:

im pretty sure i said, "i hope you repent"

since he expressed what i said made sense...........so he obviously understands now. So what did i do wrong? Does one continue in the dark after they understand? I hope not, i would hope they repent.

how is that bringing judgment?

Upvote 0

Mediakira

Jun 6, 2011
Eaton, Ohio
✟34,039.00
Country
United States
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Libertarian
Ive been reborn since sept 14. Yes we all know its a natural plant that comes from comes from god. But what ppl don't know is the reason its illegal is for corrupted reasons. The plant produces over 5,000 textile products including paper, cloth, medicines, foods etc. I read in this website that many christains and followers back in the days used it for food, relaxation, and healing. amongst other man made drugs that are addictive and hurt the body...Weed isn't my god. i don't smoke as much as i used to cause i don't really care about like that but when i do I'm still me just more chill, joyful, i make christian raps, have great conversations with ppl about God and life. pretty much me sober just more....idk a word for it lol. I surrender to christ. therefor weed isn't like '' i must get stonnned right now." but more of a relaxed mind state where my reality isn't removed but rather enhanced. I think better and clearer about certain scenarios in my life and i worship god with or without it. I just want some opinions on it. it would really help. thank you god bless.

Galatians 5:21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

The ilegal drugs fallen under the line of drunkenness. Yes, weed is a drug that is suppose to help people to eat. When those who have eating disorders. But some people just abuse it. God would intervene if it gets to that point. Because God doesn't want people to use the good thing to a bad thing. Like for example, a woman who loves chocolate. She doesn't eat much. But when trouble rises, she would indulge on that chocolate and loses control, and ends up on diabetes, and other health issues.

It's the same thing with addictive drugs such as heroine, weed, and beer. It becomes a problem when you become tested. If your feeling like your being convicted. Because there is a trial coming to you, and God wants you to be ready for it. He wouldn't want you to be in darkness when He puts you under a test by "Storms of Life."

Last edited:
Upvote 0

1Em1Esseswife

May 22, 2012
✟495.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
im pretty sure i said, "i hope you repent"

since he expressed what i said made sense...........so he obviously understands now. So what did i do wrong? Does one continue in the dark after they understand? I hope not, i would hope they repent.

how is that bringing judgment?

He may have discerned something totally different from the scripture you gave, rather than your testimony pointing to his need to repent.
You'll have to ask him if he repented.

Upvote 0

IOWLBNIF

Repenter
Jun 13, 2012
Lubbock, TX
✟823.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
1 Corinthians 10:23 KJV

All things are lawful for me, but all things are not expedient : all things are lawful for me, but all things edify not.

I already showed you in his response to EchoRain.
Which he gave after you posted yours.
That he believes people are the same, just less inhibited and more animated about thier beliefs than before they did pot.

The only thing he needs to realize is that all the other drugs are the same.
They only enhance who you are.
This is only if you dont let them have power over you to not do them in moderation.
Same as food or anything you may esteem as less harmful.
The sin lies in letting any rule over you.

1 CORINTHIANS 6
12 All things are lawful unto me, but all things are not expedient : all things are lawful for me, but I will not be brought under the power of any. 13 Meats for the belly, and the belly for meats: but God shall destroy both it and them.

im sorry, did you not see where i asked about how come he ignored the scripture (maybe i should have included testimony as well) that i gave, and he says no i didnt it makes sense? that was his last post

i talk about how the bible says to keep a sober mind. do you want some scriptures so you can put my testimony post and this post together? because i say the same thing i just dont give any verses......

1 peter 1...........Therefore, with minds that are alert and fully sober,

1 peter 4......Therefore be alert and of sober mind so that you may pray.

1 peter 5............Be alert and of sober mind. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion

as i described in my testimony one hit of a joint alters your mind.

One sip of some alcohol doesnt...........

if you think smokin pot in moderation is ok, you have been deceived.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

1Em1Esseswife

May 22, 2012
✟495.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
if you think smokin pot in moderation is ok, you have been deceived.

Yes that is what you believe.
So to you it is sin.

Because I believe it is ok, I have not been deceived, to me it is of faith, so therefore it is not sin.

ROMANS 14
1 Him that is weak in the faith receive ye , but nothttp://www.christianforums.com/#fn-descriptionAnchor-a to doubtful disputations.

2 For one believeth that he may eat all things: another, who is weak , eateth herbs.

3 Let not him that eateth despise him that eateth not; and let not him which eateth not judge him that eateth : for God hath received him.

4 Who art thou that judgest another man's servant? to his own master he standeth or falleth . Yea, he shall be holden up : for God is able to make him stand . 5 One man esteemeth one day above another : another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuadedhttp://www.christianforums.com/#fn-descriptionAnchor-b in his own mind.

20 For meat destroy not the work of God. All things indeed are pure; but it is evil for that man who eateth with offence. 21 It is good neither to eat flesh, nor to drink wine, nor any thing whereby thy brother stumbleth , or is offended , or is made weak . 22 Hast thou faith? have it to thyself before God. Happy is he that condemneth not himself in that thing which he alloweth . 23 And he that doubtethhttp://www.christianforums.com/#fn-descriptionAnchor-f is damned if he eat , because he eateth not of faith: for whatsoever is not of faith is sin.

Upvote 0

LekryceMack

Jun 7, 2012
✟15,224.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Galatians 5:21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

The ilegal drugs fallen under the line of drunkenness. Yes, weed is a drug that is suppose to help people to eat. When those who have eating disorders. But some people just abuse it. God would intervene if it gets to that point. Because God doesn't want people to use the good thing to a bad thing. Like for example, a woman who loves chocolate. She doesn't eat much. But when trouble rises, she would indulge on that chocolate and loses control, and ends up on diabetes, and other health issues.

It's the same thing with addictive drugs such as heroine, weed, and beer. It becomes a problem when you become tested. If your feeling like your being convicted. Because there is a trial coming to you, and God wants you to be ready for it. He wouldn't want you to be in darkness when He puts you under a test by "Storms of Life."

Weed is not addictive. I respect what your stating though. At the same time you have to understand weed is TOTALLY different from beer, herion, etc. geez if it was at the herion level i would diff known by now lol. On a serious note, drunkeness and weed high are two different things. i don't even like calling it high cause it sounds like any other ''high'' on a heavy drug.

Upvote 0

WinBySurrender

Dec 27, 2011
✟4,924.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Weed is not addictive.

Really??

The National Institute on Drug Abuse indicates that marijuana is psychologically addictive: Addicted users feel compulsive urges to seek and use the drug despite potential negative consequences. Although THC causes physiological effects, the addiction is not considered physical, in the sense that stopping the drug does not cause severe physical withdrawal. The chemical rewa
rd of THC causes pleasurable changes in mood, decreased feelings of stress, and enhanced appetite. These rewards occur during intoxication only and prompt people to obtain and use the drug repeatedly.

Marijuana use causes temporary physiological changes. The psychoactive ingredient THC activates the cannabinoid receptors in the central nervous system. These receptors play a role in the reward pathway of the brain and when an interaction occurs between the brain and THC, the body senses a physiological reward, often in the form of euphoric mood, cessation of pain, and temporary relief of stress. According to the NIDA, because THC rapidly passes into the bloodstream and throughout the body, prolonged use of marijuana can permanently alter the brain's natural tendency to balance and regulate motivation and reward. In the event of marijuana cessation, for up to two weeks a person may become irritable, have disturbance of sleep and appetite, and have thoughts centered around obtaining the drug. This signifies craving, which is a property of psychological addiction that eventually subsides with long-term abstinence from marijuana.

The NIDA describes tolerance as an addictive property of marijuana. Psychological dependence--per the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual criteria of seeking the drug despite the negative consequences of use and using a greater quantity of marijuana than originally intended--grows as drug tolerance increases. There is no specific time frame or quantity of marijuana that dictates when tolerance begins to occur, but regular and daily use of this drug will likely result in tolerance.

Upvote 0