Oct 13, 2010
✟7,797.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
You suggested I am working with Satan which means you suggest I have an evil spirit. You just committed the eternal sin and each day that goes by your heart will become harder and harder because you committed the eternal sin.

Mark 3:28-30 I tell you the truth, all the sins and blasphemies of men will be forgiven them. But whoever blasphemes against the Holy Spirit will never be forgiven; he is guilty of an eternal sin." He said this because they were saying, "He has an evil spirit."

You are such a hypocrite. Which normally is okay, but you flaunt your hypocrisy in the face of others. No one here has committed the eternal sin. YOU are not the Holy Spirit and the only thing you are doing here is to lead others astray with your attacks and accusations. You are a prime example of one who "beats others with a bible" and it is disgusting because the Word is the Sword of the Holy Spirit to attack sin in your life, NOT to attack brothers and sisters in Christ.

Right above the passage you just quote Jesus says that a house divided cannot stand yet here you are casting accusations trying to divide Christians with the Lord and against one another.

I encourage anyone who reads this against listening to anything you say. For the words of an enemy are far less powerful if never heard.

You are going to be blocked now, at least by me. I encourage others to do the same. I gave you the opportunity to attack my character in private yet for some reason you decided to ignore the invitation. So since you are being nothing but a rude, internet troll, speaking out against the sons and daughters of Christ there is nothing more I need to hear from you.

Upvote 0

RevRo

Sep 16, 2010
Florida
✟8,073.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
You are such a hypocrite. Which normally is okay, but you flaunt your hypocrisy in the face of others. No one here has committed the eternal sin. YOU are not the Holy Spirit and the only thing you are doing here is to lead others astray with your attacks and accusations. You are a prime example of one who "beats others with a bible" and it is disgusting because the Word is the Sword of the Holy Spirit to attack sin in your life, NOT to attack brothers and sisters in Christ.

Right above the passage you just quote Jesus says that a house divided cannot stand yet here you are casting accusations trying to divide Christians with the Lord and against one another.

I encourage anyone who reads this against listening to anything you say. For the words of an enemy are far less powerful if never heard.

You are going to be blocked now, at least by me. I encourage others to do the same. I gave you the opportunity to attack my character in private yet for some reason you decided to ignore the invitation. So since you are being nothing but a rude, internet troll, speaking out against the sons and daughters of Christ there is nothing more I need to hear from you.

:amen:

Upvote 0

suzybeezy

Reports Manager
Nov 1, 2004
USA
✟82,735.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Lord has been dealing with me for some time now about smoking. I had quit for a couple years only to resume when the stress of life got to me and I turned back to smoking rather than turning in towards God. I've used it as my crutch, rather than leaning on him. So yes, I see the sin in it. And its gone further as I've even was deceptive at first when I started smoking again, and kept it hidden. This only served to teach my older two children the art of deception - a lesson I'm still trying to work out of them. And lastly, because I know God has put his finger on this in my life, and I've ignored it for some time, I think I've missed out on several opportunities he had for me. So yup yup - smoking can in fact be a sin :(

But I've finally gotten to the point I'm gonna do something about it. I've got my rx for Chantix and have started taking it. I have my quit date. Now I just need some prayer and the strength of the Lord to help me be successful.

Upvote 0

RevRo

Sep 16, 2010
Florida
✟8,073.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
The Lord has been dealing with me for some time now about smoking. I had quit for a couple years only to resume when the stress of life got to me and I turned back to smoking rather than turning in towards God. I've used it as my crutch, rather than leaning on him. So yes, I see the sin in it. And its gone further as I've even was deceptive at first when I started smoking again, and kept it hidden. This only served to teach my older two children the art of deception - a lesson I'm still trying to work out of them. And lastly, because I know God has put his finger on this in my life, and I've ignored it for some time, I think I've missed out on several opportunities he had for me. So yup yup - smoking can in fact be a sin :(

But I've finally gotten to the point I'm gonna do something about it. I've got my rx for Chantix and have started taking it. I have my quit date. Now I just need some prayer and the strength of the Lord to help me be successful.

Romans 14:23b (NIV)
"........and everything that does not come from faith is sin."
I dare say that every human is therefore guilty of sin as I do not believe there is one person who does EVERTYHING in faith.
I hate legalism!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,324.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
If one were to do everything in faith . then one would have no need to be legalistic ..

because they would trust God to take care of that ..

legalism by very nature is sin . it is an interpretation that by very nature .. does not trust God to do what He does best .

Upvote 0

RevRo

Sep 16, 2010
Florida
✟8,073.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
If one were to do everything in faith . then one would have no need to be legalistic ..

because they would trust God to take care of that ..

legalism by very nature is sin . it is an interpretation that by very nature .. does not trust God to do what He does best .

That was my point exactly!

Upvote 0
Aug 9, 2010
✟15,576.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
John 1:12-13

12Yet to all who received him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God— 13children born not of natural descent, nor of human decision or a husband's will, but born of God.

Honestly, what does "sincerity" have to do with it? If they are born of God through trusting him .. then they have the right to be children of God regardless of how they measure on your "Good-O-Meter"

Many people who claim to trust God and who believe they are saved, are in fact lost and have never truly come to Christ in the first place. They have deluded themselves....they continue to willfully sin and not care about it....and still claim they are saved.

Matthew 7:21 Not everyone who says to Me, "Lord, Lord," shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven.

Upvote 0
Aug 9, 2010
✟15,576.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

Poor boy!!!!:doh: Your life is so messed up...so stressed...so hard and difficult that you cannot cope with life unless you willfully put smoke into your lungs!! You should be ASHAMED OF YOURSELF!!

You don't know what tough is and hard life....go and live in a third world country for a few weeks and see!

I used to smoke 20 per day, for over 15 years. But one day I came to Christ and invited him into my life.. and INSTANTLY, I felt disgusted placing smoke into my body that I repented and immediately stopped smoking, cold turkey, and never had a smoke since! That is the REAL POWER of a sincere born again experience!!!

John 3:7 You should not be surprised at my saying, 'You must be born again.'

Upvote 0
D

dies-l

Poor boy!!!!:doh: Your life is so messed up...so stressed...so hard and difficult that you cannot cope with life unless you willfully put smoke into your lungs!! You should be ASHAMED OF YOURSELF!!

You don't know what tough is and hard life....go and live in a third world country for a few weeks and see!

I used to smoke 20 per day, for over 15 years. But one day I came to Christ and invited him into my life.. and INSTANTLY, I felt disgusted placing smoke into my body that I repented and immediately stopped smoking, cold turkey, and never had a smoke since! That is the REAL POWER of a sincere born again experience!!!

John 3:7 You should not be surprised at my saying, 'You must be born again.'

Do you realize that in your last several posts, you have been quite the religious bully? Do you even care? Do you think that this reflects Christ any more than smoking (or any other "sin")? Your last several posts in this thread remind of the mob who was ready stone the woman caught in adultery.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Gregory Thompson

Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,324.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Many people who claim to trust God and who believe they are saved, are in fact lost and have never truly come to Christ in the first place. They have deluded themselves....they continue to willfully sin and not care about it....and still claim they are saved.

Matthew 7:21 Not everyone who says to Me, "Lord, Lord," shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven.

I would discern you are plagued by a spirit of unbelief . you just don't trust God at all .

Upvote 0
Aug 9, 2010
✟15,576.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Do you realize that in your last several posts, you have been quite the religious bully? Do you even care? Do you think that this reflects Christ any more than smoking (or any other "sin")? Your last several posts in this thread remind of the mob who was ready stone the woman caught in adultery.

It's called TOUGH LOVE! People are tipsy toeing around these days... so worried about offending poor people. WAKE UP!!! Stop and repent of your sins!!!!

YES I CARE..if I didn't I would be encouraging you to WAKE UP and REPENT!

TURN AWAY FROM YOUR SINS AND COME TO THE LORD!

Cease placing smoke into the temple of God....it's KILLING YOU and you are too loved...too valuable to die from cancer and smoke related diseases! God has BIG PLANS for you.... LIVE HEALTHY...LIVE LONG...SERVE THE LORD IN EVERYTHING YOU DO! :amen:

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,324.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Why do I keep seeing millions of lines, "To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts."?

I tend to see that when i read posts when i'm not logged in .

Upvote 0
Aug 9, 2010
✟15,576.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I would discern you are plagued by a spirit of unbelief . you just don't trust God at all .

You have no idea what you are talking about!!!!:doh:

I came to the Lord by faith 12 years ago. I lost everything as a result! Lost my job... lost all my friends... lost my place to live and was homeless for a time due to not having a place to live, stopped taking drugs, stopped drinking alcohol, stopped smoking etc.

I TRUST IN GOD SO MUCH THAT I WAS PREPARED TO LOSE A LOT by coming to Lord Jesus!

So don't tell me about trust in God... I know very well what it means to place trust in God before anything else!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Gregory Thompson

Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,324.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
It's called TOUGH LOVE! People are tipsy toeing around these days... so worried about offending poor people. WAKE UP!!! Stop and repent of your sins!!!!

Cease placing smoke into the temple of God....it's KILLING YOU and you are too loved...too valuable to die from cancer and smoke related diseases! God has BIG PLANS for you.... LIVE HEALTHY...LIVE LONG...SERVE THE LORD IN EVERYTHING YOU DO! :amen:

Love is patient . so .. that's not love

Love is Kind .. so that's not love ..

Love lays down their life for their enemies .. so that's not love .

maybe i will continue the list later . but that is enough for now .

Upvote 0
D

dies-l

It's called TOUGH LOVE!

I know all about tough love. I have been the recipient and the giver of tough love. There is nothing loving about any of your posts.

People are tipsy toeing around these days... so worried about offending poor people. WAKE UP!!! Stop and repent of your sins!!!!

The issue is not repentance. You are insisting that people who have not yet achieved moral perfection are not born again. By that standard, none of us are.

I encourage you to take your own advice.

I don't smoke. I hate cigarette smoke. If you'd read my posts on this thread, you would know that. In fact, I agree with you that smoking is unwise and it is something that Christians should consider prayerfully. I would even go so far as to say that Christians should want to quit smoking.

What I do not agree with is the self-righteous, judgmental, and downright hateful approach you are taking with people who disagree with you.

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,324.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Your problem is that you do not KNOW GOD!

Was God kind when he commanded all women and children to be slaughtered and killed?

Was Jesus kind and loving when he turned all the tables upside down upsetting many people and destroying their ability to make money for food?

Was Stephen kind and loving when he yelled at the Pharisee's and called them stiff necked hypocrites! NOTE, Stephen was FILLED with the Holy Spirit at the time!

If you were there...you would have condemned Stephen too!

There is a time to get TOUGH on the sinners!!!

Your problem is you have NO IDEA who God really is and why God and I do the things and say the things we do!

I know that fleshly intepretation of who God is . but i now look at God from a spiritual point of view .

Upvote 0

RevRo

Sep 16, 2010
Florida
✟8,073.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
I know all about tough love. I have been the recipient and the giver of tough love. There is nothing loving about any of your posts.

The issue is not repentance. You are insisting that people who have not yet achieved moral perfection are not born again. By that standard, none of us are.

I encourage you to take your own advice.

I don't smoke. I hate cigarette smoke. If you'd read my posts on this thread, you would know that. In fact, I agree with you that smoking is unwise and it is something that Christians should consider prayerfully. I would even go so far as to say that Christians should want to quit smoking.

What I do not agree with is the self-righteous, judgmental, and downright hateful approach you are taking with people who disagree with you.

:amen:

Upvote 0