Sloth and Rebuking the Devil

bcbsr

Mar 17, 2003
Visit site
✟201,456.00
Faith
Christian
I sometimes wait a few seconds before rebuking the devil whenever I run into trouble during the day or visit a website that I shouldn't visit (one with information about satanic stuff) like one that I did an hour ago. Is this a serious problem?

What? To think about what you're doing? No. To seek information. No. But it is sin if it violates one's conscience. (Even when it comes to eating meat sacrificed to idols, for that matter. 1Cor 10:25-29)

Upvote 0

Greg J.

Site Supporter
Mar 2, 2016
Southeast Michigan
✟233,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
@thelordskingdom777, let me suggest a goal for you: if you believe that God wants you to ever rebuke Satan, then through a humble heart before God and prayer, ask God if it is his will that you do it. Consequences of sin are not always because Satan is doing something.

However, when Satan is the source, and you want to rebuke him, (1) only do it if it is in line with the God's will, (2) remember it was your choice and you're responsible for the consequences [which God will help you with], (3) it is only with God's power that he may be rebuked [asking God to do it would be prayer].

Some people who live with God's power choose to always pray to God before doing anything like that. For some kinds of situations, they will worship the Lord and pray for an hour before dealing with it. In others, they will first gather people together for worship and prayer. Be wise in using Jesus' name.

Above all, remember that your focus should be the Lord and what he is doing, not Satan and what he is doing. It is fine if the latter never even comes to mind.

Upvote 0

Kit Sigmon

May 18, 2016
USA
✟76,189.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I sometimes wait a few seconds before rebuking the devil whenever I run into trouble during the day or visit a website that I shouldn't visit (one with information about satanic stuff) like one that I did an hour ago. Is this a serious problem?

Why are you looking up satanic stuff?
The bible tell you all you need to know about the devil, sin, etc.

Upvote 0