Visit site
✟22,170.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I tried out this PC game just a few days ago after reading an article about it on IGN, and boy is it absolutely terrifying! There's no gore, no weapons, no violence - just 100% skin-crawling atmosphere.

It’s also free, short, and easy to play. I liked it so much that I made a faux-movie trailer for it. It’s definitely one of those games you play in the dark with a good pair of headphones, lol.

SLENDER Movie Trailer - YouTube

pgp_protector

Noted strange person
Dec 17, 2003
Earth For Now
Visit site
✟393,459.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Ok, downloaded it and first round through, initial impressions.
1) you must play it with sound, without it, very boring.
2) moment is too slow for me, also I'd like a way to adjust the gamma, normally my monitors are set quite dark, so the game was excessively dark, and you really can't see anything.
3) I do like that their is no "Install" and that you can just run it from the folder you unzip it to.

Over all, didn't care for it.

Upvote 0

NumberOneSon

The poster formerly known as Acts6:5
Mar 24, 2002
Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟22,170.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hey, that's cool. Some people find the game terrifying, others not so much. It reminds of me of the way people reacted to the first Blair Witch; some loved it, others hated it. I think I liked Slender for some of the same reasons I liked BW; it's all about build-up and atmosphere.

Keep in mind, the game was created by one guy, not a studio, and he only created it in order to practice using a game engine or something along those lines. He never intended for it to go viral. There's a preexisting Slenderman mythos that existed on YouTube, I just haven't looked into it much.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

NumberOneSon

The poster formerly known as Acts6:5
Mar 24, 2002
Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟22,170.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It looks like the guy who made Slender is kicking things up a notch; there is now going to be a Slender mod made using the Source engine, and it's coming out next year.

Slender: Source in Development - IGN

If the mod looks anything like the pic below, it should be pretty awesome.

Slender-Source.jpg

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Barricade24

Feb 3, 2012
In a Chair
✟8,627.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hah. I've seen YouTube videos of people play that game. Haven't seen anyone beat the game. I love Slenderman, he's my favorite CreepyPasta original character.

I've seen gameplay vids too. I find the reactions absolutley hilarious. Horror games really aren't my type of games though. But maybe someone should try and play red light, green light with Mr. Slender.

The only thing I would recommend them to do is make more levels. Like a really spooky house.

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟557,951.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Ok, downloaded it and first round through, initial impressions.
1) you must play it with sound, without it, very boring.

If you play a survival/horror game without the sound, you're missing half the experience. Why would you do that?

-Dan.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums