✟14,087.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
1. The second coming of Christ

2. The bodily resurrection (yes, First Resurrection but not a bodily resurrection)

3. A reign on earth

4. A literal throne of David

5. Jerusalem in the land of Palestine

6. Christ on earth

random person

1 COR. 10:11; HEB. 1:2; HEB. 9:26,28; 1 PET. 1:20
Dec 10, 2013
Riverside California
✟14,087.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Thankfully, we have limitless living and powerful (even miraculous) witnesses to these things which shall be hereafter..

Now if Revelation 20 is isolated and removed from the overall context of the holy scriptures.. then sure.. you might have a point..

Albeit a very weak one.. ;)

A very weak one?

66 books?

1,189 chapters?

31,173 verses?

The 1,000 Years are found only IN SIX CONSECUTIVE VERSES and no where else in the Bible!

The other remaining 31,167 verses fail to mention anything about a millennial!

Weak indeed!

Upvote 0
O

Old Timer

A very weak one?

66 books?

1,189 chapters?

31,173 verses?

The 1,000 years are only found IN SIX CONSECUTIVE VERSES and no where else in the Bible!

Weak indeed!

Evidently you haven't read much on the Day of the LORD.. either that or you have and it's the last thing you'd want anyone to believe.

That's always a possibility, coming from those who constantly rail against the simple truth.

Upvote 0

random person

Dec 10, 2013
Riverside California
✟14,087.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Evidently you haven't read much on the Day of the LORD.. either that or you have and it's the last thing you'd want anyone to believe.

That's always a possibility, coming from those who constantly rail against the simple truth.

Okay point me to where any scriptures on the Day of the Lord make mention of a "1,000 Years"?

Upvote 0

random person

Dec 10, 2013
Riverside California
✟14,087.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
How about the miraculous beginning chapters of Genesis where a day was clearly a thousand years..

Did you forget about those.. or do you just want everyone else to forget them?

Post it up I want to read it!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
O

Old Timer

No seriously, I don't know where this verse is?

Seriously.. you don't remember Adam being told that he would die in the day that he ate from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.. and yet died over 900 years later?

I'd say give it a break, although I understand that railing against the simple truth is something that won't be stopped completely until the LORD comes.

Upvote 0

random person

Dec 10, 2013
Riverside California
✟14,087.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Seriously.. you don't remember Adam being told that he would die in the day that he ate from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.. and yet died over 900 years later?

I'd say give it a break, although I understand that railing against the simple truth is something that won't be stopped completely until the LORD comes.

Yeah the wages of sin is death. Adam sinned.

And who is railing against the Truth?

Because you can't produce anything in the whole bible about a millennial 1,000 years, you accuse me of railing against the truth.

Not one verse beside those six verses in the whole bible.

And don't bother looking for a verse either, I found these number statistics on a preterist site and I don't think they are being dishonest.

Upvote 0
O

Old Timer

Yeah the wages of sin is death. Adam sinned.

And who is railing against the Truth?

Because you can't produce anything in the whole bible about a millennial 1,000 years, you accuse me of railing against the truth.

Not one verse beside those six verses in the whole bible.

And don't bother looking for a verse either, I found these number statistics on a preterist site and I don't think they are being dishonest.

It could be written six thousand times right in front of your face and you'd rail against it still.

It simply depends on who you're listening to.

Keep listening to the preterists who can't see anything beyond AD70.. and we'll see you with your next weak argument against anything which shall be hereafter.

Upvote 0

random person

Dec 10, 2013
Riverside California
✟14,087.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
It could be written six thousand times right in front of your face and you'd rail against it still.

It simply depends on who you're listening to.

Keep listening to the preterists who can't see anything beyond AD70.. and we'll see you with your next weak argument against anything which shall be hereafter.

The fact remains there aren't any verses that mention a millennial period besides the 6 verses out of 31,173 verses.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ByTheSpirit

Come Lord Jesus
May 17, 2011
Manhattan, KS
✟186,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well Zechariah 14 clearly describes a time in which Jesus reigns physically on earth and yet it only uses the term "day", but surely He doesn't mean a literal day because it talks about year after year people worshiping in Jerusalem and during the feasts... So OldTimer has a point about "the Day of the LORD" being a 1,000 year period...

Although comparing the literal 7 day creation to 7 periods of 1,000 is a bit far fetched I think.. If you (OldTimer) are using Peter's words of 1 day = 1,000 years I would be hesitant.. I just don't see Peter comparing the creation to this, I think Peter was just making a point that with God time has no relevence because He is eternal, so one day Him is like a 1,000 years to us... What seems like a very long time in human terms is but a moment in God's eyes, James 4:14 Yet you do not know what your life will be like tomorrow. You are just a vapor that appears for a little while and then vanishes away.

Upvote 0

random person

Dec 10, 2013
Riverside California
✟14,087.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Well Zechariah 14 clearly describes a time in which Jesus reigns physically on earth and yet it only uses the term "day", but surely He doesn't mean a literal day because it talks about year after year people weorshiping in Jerusalem and during the feasts... So OldTimer has a point about "the Day of the LORD" being a 1,000 year period...

Although comparing the literal 7 day creation to 7 periods of 1,000 is a bit far fetched I think.. If you (OldTimer) are using Peter's words of 1 day = 1,000 years I would be hesitant.. I just don't see Peter comparing the creation to this, I think Peter was just making a point that with God time has no relevence because He is eternal, so one day Him is like a 1,000 years to us... What seems like a very long time in human terms is but a moment in God's eyes, James 4:14 Yet you do not know what your life will be like tomorrow. You are just a vapor that appears for a little while and then vanishes away.

Please remember that national Israel was but a shadow of the Kingdom of God. One called the Israelites into the promise land (Palestine), the other calls all nations into the Kingdom of God.

Visualize a Russian Nesting Doll, the Old Covenant and national Israel is the core swallowed up by New Covenant and the Kingdom of God, AND literally disappears eternally. The New Covenant literally transcends (if that is the correct word) the Old Covenant in that it is now completely obsolete.

Under the Old Covenant they looked forward to Palestine.

Under the New Covenant we look forward to the Second Coming and the Kingdom of God (both Jews and Gentiles alike)

OC - Abraham never received his inheritance in his lifetime.

NC - Abraham and the OT saints and Christians all receive their inheritances in the Kingdom of God.

Upvote 0

ebedmelech

My dog Micah in the pic
Supporter
Jul 3, 2012
✟187,689.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Well Zechariah 14 clearly describes a time in which Jesus reigns physically on earth and yet it only uses the term "day", but surely He doesn't mean a literal day because it talks about year after year people worshiping in Jerusalem and during the feasts... So OldTimer has a point about "the Day of the LORD" being a 1,000 year period...
Not at all. The "last day" is a time, but it is also an event as judgment begins on the "last day".

If you carefully read Revelation 20 and notice the 1000 years are before judgment. Believers are reigning with Christ...why? Because they have received the first resurrection...which is when God saves us. Just as Paul said in Romans 6:4, 5...as well as Ephesians 2:4-7.

So if we are "seated in the heavenly places in Christ"... how is it we're not reigning with him?
That's not what Peter says though! It's a typical error many Christians make!

Peter said "a thousand years is LIKE a day"...even moreso, they passage speaks of why Jesus delays His coming, which is so that people will be saved.

The passage is 2 Peter 3:8, 9:
8 But do not let this one fact escape your notice, beloved, that with the Lord one day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years like one day.
9 The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish but for all to come to repentance.

This passage is one that is most misunderstood. The true point of the passage is that Jesus is patient in returning so that people can be saved.

Peter is borrowing form Psalm 90:4:
4 For a thousand years in Your sight Are like yesterday when it passes by, Or as a watch in the night.

The entire point is that we cannot and should not time our Lord's return! We live in time...Jesus is outside of time! He will come...when He comes.

Upvote 0
B

Bible2

random person said in post 1:

Six Things Never Mentioned In Rev. 20:1-6

1. The second coming of Christ

2. The bodily resurrection (yes, First Resurrection but not a bodily resurrection)

There are at least 8 scriptural reasons to read the 1,000 years of Revelation 20:2-6 as not beginning until after Jesus' (never fulfilled) 2nd coming in Revelation 19:7-21.

First, this is in accord with how the rest of Revelation chapters 6 to 22 are in chronological order, insofar as the future tribulation of Revelation chapters 6 to 18 will begin with the events of the 2nd through 6th seals, occurring in the order shown in Revelation 6:3-14. After the events of the 6th seal, Revelation 7 will occur. Then the 7th seal will be unsealed and out of it will come the tribulation's 7 trumpets (Revelation 8:1-6). Then the events of the first 6 trumpets in Revelation 8:7 to Revelation 9:21 will occur in the order shown there. Then Revelation 10 will occur. Then the literal 3.5 years of the Antichrist's worldwide reign will occur, which time period is shown from 4 different angles in Revelation chapters 11 to 14 (Revelation 11:2b-3, Revelation 12:6,14, Revelation 13:5,7, Revelation 14:9-13).

Then the 7th trumpet will sound, announcing the legal end of the Antichrist's reign (Revelation 11:15). Out of the 7th trumpet's heavenly-temple opening will come the 7 plagues of the 7 vials (Revelation 11:19, Revelation 15:5 to 16:1), the tribulation's final stage. Then the events of the 7 vials will occur in the order shown in Revelation 16. Jesus will return right after the 7th vial (Revelation 16:17,19, Revelation 19:2-21), and he will marry the church at that time (Revelation 19:7). Then he will defeat the world's armies (Revelation 19:11 to 20:3) and reign on the earth with the bodily resurrected or changed church for 1,000 years (Revelation 20:4-6, Revelation 5:10, Revelation 2:26-29; 1 Corinthians 15:51-53). Then the events of Revelation 20:7 to Revelation 22:5 will occur in the order shown there.

-

Second, the 1,000 years in Revelation 20:2-6 is when Satan will be literally bound with a chain, and cast into and locked within the literal bottomless pit, whereas currently he is walking about freely on the earth seeking whom he may devour (1 Peter 5:8). So the 1,000 years can't have started yet. But their beginning after Jesus' 2nd coming makes perfect sense (Revelation 19:7 to 20:6).

Third, during the 1,000 years, Satan won't be able to deceive the world (Revelation 20:3), whereas currently he is able to deceive the world (2 Corinthians 4:4; 2 Corinthians 11:3,14,15; 2 Thessalonians 2:9-10, Revelation 12:9, Revelation 13:14, Revelation 19:20, Revelation 20:10). So the 1,000 years can't have started yet.

Fourth, the defeat of Satan in Revelation 20:1-3 is in chronological accord with the immediately preceding defeat of the Antichrist (the individual man aspect of the beast), and the False Prophet, and the world's armies, at Jesus' 2nd coming (Revelation 19:19-21). Indeed, there is no chapter break between Revelation 19 and Revelation 20 in the original Greek manuscripts, so that Revelation 19:19 to 20:3 can be taken together as a unit, showing how every power of evil will be defeated at Jesus' 2nd coming.

Fifth, reading Revelation 20:4-6 as Jesus and the bodily resurrected church reigning first on the present (not the new) earth after his 2nd coming (Revelation 19:7 to 20:6) matches Jesus reigning first on the present (not the new) earth after his 2nd coming in Zechariah 14:3-21. For Zechariah 14:8-21 can't be referring to the new earth, because it refers to a temple building in Jerusalem (Zechariah 14:20-21), whereas there will be no temple building in New Jerusalem on the new earth (Revelation 21:22). Also, Zechariah 14:8-21 can't be referring to the new earth because it refers to surviving unsaved people from the present earth being forced to come up to worship the returned Jesus in Jerusalem during the millennium (Zechariah 14:16-19), whereas by the time of the new earth, all the unsaved people from the present earth will have already been cast into the lake of fire (Revelation 20:15 to 21:8).

Sixth, reading the first resurrection in Revelation 20:4-6 as the bodily resurrection of the church at Jesus' 2nd coming (Revelation 19:7 to 20:6) matches other verses which show that the bodily resurrection of the church will occur at Jesus' 2nd coming (1 Corinthians 15:21-23,51-54; 1 Thessalonians 4:15-16).

Seventh, reading the first resurrection in Revelation 20:4-6 as the bodily resurrection of the church at Jesus' 2nd coming is in line with Revelation 20:5, which must refer in its entirety to only bodily resurrection. For not every dead person is going to be figuratively resurrected in the sense of becoming saved (Revelation 20:15). And Revelation 20:5 means that the rest of the dead (i.e. all the non-church dead of all times) will be resurrected in the same manner that the church will be resurrected in Revelation 20:4-6, but the rest of the dead won't be resurrected until sometime after the 1,000 years are over.

Eighth, reading the first resurrection in Revelation 20:4-6 as the bodily resurrection of the church at Jesus' 2nd coming is in line with Revelation 20:4, which shows that the people in the first resurrection will include those in the church who will have been beheaded by the Antichrist (the individual-man aspect of the beast) for not worshipping him or his image, or receiving his mark on their hand or forehead. This refers back to the details of Revelation 13:4-18, which have never been fulfilled. So the first resurrection can't have happened yet. But its occurring at Jesus' 2nd coming, when he will defeat the Antichrist, makes perfect sense (Revelation 19:20 to 20:6; 2 Thessalonians 2:1-9).

3. A reign on earth

. . .

6. Christ on earth

Jesus will physically reign on the earth during the 1,000 years, for the 1,000 years will begin after his 2nd coming (Revelation 19:7 to 20:6), when he will physically land on the earth and rule it from Jerusalem (Zechariah 14:4-21). And because Jesus will reign physically on the earth during the 1,000 years, so will the physically resurrected church, for the physically resurrected church will reign with Jesus during the 1,000 years (Revelation 20:4-6). And so in Revelation 5:10, the reference to the church reigning in the future "on the earth" includes the 1,000 years. Also, in Revelation 2:26-29, the reigning of the church physically over the nations can refer to the 1,000 years. There's no reason to exclude the 1,000 years from Revelation 5:10 or Revelation 2:26-29, just as there's no reason to exclude the earth from Revelation 20:4-6.

Also, the church will reign forever on the new earth. For the church will reign forever in New Jerusalem (Revelation 22:5, Revelation 21:10 to 22:5), which will descend from heaven to a new earth (Revelation 21:1-3, Revelation 21:10) sometime after the future millennium and subsequent events are over (Revelation 20:7 to 21:3).

4. A literal throne of David

Presently the kingdom of God is in heaven (2 Timothy 4:18, Hebrews 12:22-24) and is on the earth spiritually within Christians (Romans 14:17, Luke 17:21). But in the future the kingdom will come fully upon the earth as it is in heaven (Matthew 6:10). It will also be physically (Luke 22:30, Matthew 19:28) on the earth (Revelation 5:10), first during the future millennium (Revelation 20:4-6, Revelation 2:26-29, Psalms 66:3-4, Psalms 72:8-11, Zechariah 14:3-21) and then on the new earth (Revelation 21:1-8).

Jesus' kingdom is Israel (John 1:49, John 12:13-15, John 19:19, Luke 22:30). That's why at his 2nd coming he will sit on the earthly throne of David (Luke 1:32-33, Isaiah 9:7) and restore the kingdom to Israel (Acts 1:6-7, Acts 3:20-21). Jesus is in his humanity the son of David (Matthew 1:1, Matthew 21:15-16, Romans 1:3), of the house of David (Luke 1:69). So at Jesus' 2nd coming he will restore the tabernacle, the house, of David (Isaiah 16:5, Amos 9:11) to its royal glory (2 Samuel 5:12) which it had lost (2 Kings 17:21a). And Jesus will fulfill the prophecy and prayer of 2 Samuel 7:16-29. And he will bring salvation to all the still-living unbelieving elect Jews of the house of David. For they (along with all other still-living unbelieving elect Jews) will come into faith in him when they see him at his 2nd coming (Zechariah 12:10-14, Zechariah 13:1,6, Romans 11:26-31). And so they will become part of the church at that time, for there are now no believers outside of the church (Ephesians 4:4-6).

After Jesus' 2nd coming (Revelation 19:7 to 20:3, Zechariah 14:3-5) will occur the millennium (Revelation 20:4-6, Zechariah 14:8-21) during which Gentile nations will come to seek the returned Jesus ruling the whole earth (Zechariah 8:22, Zechariah 14:9, Psalms 72:8-11) on the restored throne of David (Isaiah 9:7) in the earthly Jerusalem (Isaiah 2:1-4, Zechariah 14:8-11,16-19). And the bodily resurrected church will reign on the earth with Jesus during the millennium (Revelation 20:4-6, Revelation 5:10, Revelation 2:26-29). For the church is Israel (Romans 11:1,17,24, Ephesians 2:12,19, Galatians 3:29, Revelation 21:9,12; 1 Peter 2:9-10).

5. Jerusalem in the land of Palestine

God still has regard for the land of Israel (Deuteronomy 32:43,49b), and Jerusalem especially (Isaiah 62:6-7, Psalms 122:6). Even during the future, literal 3.5-year worldwide reign of the Antichrist (Revelation 13:5-18), Jerusalem will still be considered by God to be the holy city (Revelation 11:2, Luke 21:24), the holy mountain (Daniel 11:45, Daniel 9:16). And after the tribulation, at Jesus' 2nd coming, it will be to the Mount of Olives just east of the walled Old City of Jerusalem that Jesus will descend (Zechariah 14:4-21, Acts 1:11-12). And then Jesus will rule the whole earth from the earthly Jerusalem during the millennium (Micah 4:1-4, Zechariah 14:8-11,16-21, Revelation 20:4-6).

Also, if even those who are "strangers" in Israel can inherit the land of Israel (Ezekiel 47:21-23), then certainly believing Gentiles, who are "no more strangers" to Israel (Ephesians 2:12,19), will inherit the land of Israel during the future millennium of Revelation 20:4-6. And they will inherit the land and all the other promises given to Israel (Ephesians 2:12,19, Ephesians 3:6, Galatians 3:29, Genesis 12:7) along with all the elect Jews who have ever been saved in the past or who will get saved in our future, including at Jesus' 2nd coming (Zechariah 12:10-14, Romans 11:25-32).

random person said in post 15:

The fact remains there aren't any verses that mention a millennial period besides the 6 verses out of 31,173 verses.

You don't need any others, just as, for example, you don't need any other than one verse in the whole Bible to describe the appointing of the 7 deacons (Acts 6:5).

Also, it's Jesus who shows the church in Revelation 19:7 to 20:6, Revelation 5:10, and Revelation 2:26-29, that after his 2nd coming, he and the bodily resurrected church will reign on the earth for 1,000 years. For the entire book of Revelation is from Jesus to the church (Revelation 1:1, Revelation 22:16). He didn't tell the church about the millennium before Revelation because he waits to tell the church things until it's ready to hear them, and not before (John 16:12). What's sad is that even after he tells the church things, there can be some in the church who still can't hear them, but choose to reject them and replace them with man-made ideas (cf. 2 Timothy 4:3-4).

Upvote 0

ByTheSpirit

Come Lord Jesus
May 17, 2011
Manhattan, KS
✟186,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Zechariah 14:13-16
13 It will come about in that day that a great panic from the Lord will fall on them; and they will seize one another’s hand, and the hand of one will be lifted against the hand of another. 14 Judah also will fight at Jerusalem; and the wealth of all the surrounding nations will be gathered, gold and silver and garments in great abundance. 15 So also like this plague will be the plague on the horse, the mule, the camel, the donkey and all the cattle that will be in those camps. 16 Then it will come about that any who are left of all the nations that went against Jerusalem will go up from year to year to worship the King, the Lord of hosts, and to celebrate the Feast of Booths.

This is what I'm referring too as I've emphasized above... The text clearly mentions a single day, in that day (verse 13) and yet in the same context it says year after year (verse 16) people will go to Jerusalem to worship. So there is a biblical context for one day being more than just one day.

BUT as I stated originally that correlation should be used very judiciously as it's not always the case.

Upvote 0