Sitting on 7 hills?

What is the place of 7 mountains as listed in Revelation 17?

• Rome

• Jerusalem

• Moscow

• Mecca

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.

ByTheSpirit

Come Lord Jesus
May 17, 2011
Manhattan, KS
✟189,051.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Ok so in line with my question about the Anti-Christ, I ask this.

What in your opinion is the "city on seven hills"?

Please vote in the poll. If possible even explain your thoughts on it. I have attached a link to the always trustworthy wikipedia on an article in which it lists the cities of the world that are considered as "sitting on seven hills"...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_cities_claimed_to_be_built_on_seven_hills

Look at all the major players on the end time stage that are listed:

Rome
Jerusalem
Moscow
Mecca
New York City (Staten Island) the financial center of the world is listed...

One that I've even thought of is maybe John meant the world as a whole, you know 7 continents/7 mountains...

What do you think?

What is the place of 7 mountains on which the harlot of Babylon sits?

Edial

Site Supporter
Nov 3, 2004
United States
✟63,157.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I think it is Jerusalem for the following reasons ...
1. It is on 7 hills.

2. Figuratively it is called Sodom and Egypt ...
REV 11:8 Their bodies will lie in the street of the great city, which is figuratively called Sodom and Egypt, where also their Lord was crucified.
3. Prophets of Jerusalem are called Sodom because of adulteries ...
JER 23:14 And among the prophets of Jerusalem
I have seen something horrible:
They commit adultery and live a lie.
They strengthen the hands of evildoers,
so that no one turns from his wickedness.
They are all like Sodom to me;
the people of Jerusalem are like Gomorrah."
4. Isaiah calls them Sodom ...
ISA 1:10 Hear the word of the LORD,
you rulers of Sodom;
5. The disobedient Israelites who died in the desert wanted to go back to Egypt.
NU 11:4 The rabble with them began to crave other food, and again the Israelites started wailing and said, "If only we had meat to eat! 5 We remember the fish we ate in Egypt at no cost--also the cucumbers, melons, leeks, onions and garlic. 6 But now we have lost our appetite; we never see anything but this manna!"
6. The harlot of Babylon called mystery Babylon, Egypt and Sodom.

7. In Ezekiel Jerusalem is called a prostitute ...
EZE 16:15 " `But you trusted in your beauty and used your fame to become a prostitute. ...
... including with Babylon ...
29 Then you increased your promiscuity to include Babylonia
... and here she is called a "brazen prostitute" ...
EZE 16:30 ... acting like a brazen prostitute!
8. harlot of Babylon is riding the beast. So these 2 are working closely together.
We see the beast came up from Abyss and killed the 2 Witnesses in Jerusalem.
REV 11:7 Now when they have finished their testimony, the beast that comes up from the Abyss will attack them, and overpower and kill them. 8 Their bodies will lie in the street of the great city, which is figuratively called Sodom and Egypt, where also their Lord was crucified.
In my opinion it is today's Jerusalem.

Messianics are GREATLY persecuted in Jerusalem.
If not for tourism, politics and the U.S. they would be killed.
There are only like 2% of Christians in Jerusalem.

Upvote 0

ByTheSpirit

Come Lord Jesus
May 17, 2011
Manhattan, KS
✟189,051.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think it is Jerusalem for the following reasons ...
1. It is on 7 hills.

2. Figuratively it is called Sodom and Egypt ...
REV 11:8 Their bodies will lie in the street of the great city, which is figuratively called Sodom and Egypt, where also their Lord was crucified.
3. Prophets of Jerusalem are called Sodom because of adulteries ...
JER 23:14 And among the prophets of Jerusalem
I have seen something horrible:
They commit adultery and live a lie.
They strengthen the hands of evildoers,
so that no one turns from his wickedness.
They are all like Sodom to me;
the people of Jerusalem are like Gomorrah."
4. Isaiah calls them Sodom ...
ISA 1:10 Hear the word of the LORD,
you rulers of Sodom;
5. The disobedient Israelites who died in the desert wanted to go back to Egypt.
NU 11:4 The rabble with them began to crave other food, and again the Israelites started wailing and said, "If only we had meat to eat! 5 We remember the fish we ate in Egypt at no cost--also the cucumbers, melons, leeks, onions and garlic. 6 But now we have lost our appetite; we never see anything but this manna!"
6. The harlot of Babylon called mystery Babylon, Egypt and Sodom.

7. In Ezekiel Jerusalem is called a prostitute ...
EZE 16:15 " `But you trusted in your beauty and used your fame to become a prostitute. ...
... including with Babylon ...
29 Then you increased your promiscuity to include Babylonia
... and here she is called a "brazen prostitute" ...
EZE 16:30 ... acting like a brazen prostitute!
8. harlot of Babylon is riding the beast. So these 2 are working closely together.
We see the beast came up from Abyss and killed the 2 Witnesses in Jerusalem.
REV 11:7 Now when they have finished their testimony, the beast that comes up from the Abyss will attack them, and overpower and kill them. 8 Their bodies will lie in the street of the great city, which is figuratively called Sodom and Egypt, where also their Lord was crucified.
In my opinion it is today's Jerusalem.

Messianics are GREATLY persecuted in Jerusalem.
If not for tourism, politics and the U.S. they would be killed.
There are only like 2% of Christians in Jerusalem.

Interesting indeed! Thanks for this :)

Upvote 0

Svt4Him

Legend
Site Supporter
Oct 23, 2003
Visit site
✟53,618.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Rome could be the city on 7 hills.

Seven hills of Rome - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Catholic Encyclopedia states: "It is within the city of Rome, called the city of seven hills, that the entire area of Vatican State proper is now confined."
The Catholic Encyclopedia (Thomas Nelson, 1976), s.v. "Rome."

Upvote 0

CryOfALion

Sep 10, 2014
✟1,894.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
We must tell people to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ. There is ONLY one gospel of Christ Jesus.

We must teach repentance.. they need to know so they don't die. I don't want them to die

Don't get too emotional over it.

Some people literally do not want a God like the Most High. Seriously.

Some people would rather go to hell, than be in Heaven with God as they understand Him. The invitation for all flesh to be saved has been open since the fall; some people genuinely do not want that.

Upvote 0

Edial

Site Supporter
Nov 3, 2004
United States
✟63,157.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
You are angry that our Risen Savior died in order to set people free?

Repent of your sins before its too late!

Out Lord was born into this world knowing very well the sinful world would murder him. He allowed to get murdered to pay for our sins.

This does not justify the world however for killing him nor Judas for betraying him.

Upvote 0

Chris12

Sep 24, 2014
✟1,003.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
People may want to judge me right now. But its not about ego its not about anything that has even one thing to do with myself.

It is about HIM. I failed HIM once... I cannot do it again. For me, this is it. I am not failing. He tells me a thing, then I must believe. He commands a thing, then I must believe. I have already seen the other side, the side of doubt and unbelief.. I am off to the other side now.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Edial

Site Supporter
Nov 3, 2004
United States
✟63,157.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
People may want to judge me right now. But its not about ego its not about anything that has even one thing to do with myself.

It is about HIM. I failed HIM once... I cannot do it again. For me, this is it. I am not failing. He tells me a thing, then I must believe. He commands a thing, then I must believe. I have already seen the other side, the side of doubt and unbelief.. I am off to the other side now.
Building a Christian life is a fascinating project.

It is not a matter of believing, but obeying.

Every Christian believes Jesus, but we have difficulties obeying :) ...
And because we have difficulties obeying, we start doubting ... maybe he did not mean what he said? ... maybe ...

The way Christian life is built up, is brick by brick.

1. Confession. Verbally state what your sin is.
Do not ask for forgiveness, or talk too much, or promise to be better.
Confession is agreeing with God that a particular sin is sinful.
You have to call white white and black black.

In time that particular sin will become less binding and eventually lose it's sting.

2. Think for yourself.
You quoted Romans 10:1,2. Great text, yet it is also telling us to start reading the Scriptures for ourselves and not take teachings of preachers, teachers, prophets as an absolute gospel.

3. NEVER think you have let Jesus down.
He has seen worse. :)
By doing that you will condemn yourself and switch from grace to willpower or despair.

4. Humble yourself.
JAS 4:6 ... God opposes the proud, but gives grace to the humble.

No proud individual beat sin. Ever. Because God himself opposes the proud. Sin of a proud individual always comes back and bites.

5. Master sin through humility.
GE 4:7 ...But if you do not do what is right, sin is crouching at your door; it desires to have you, but you must master it."

Hope this helps.

Upvote 0

Svt4Him

Legend
Site Supporter
Oct 23, 2003
Visit site
✟53,618.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Out Lord was born into this world knowing very well the sinful world would murder him. He allowed to get murdered to pay for our sins.

This does not justify the world however for killing him nor Judas for betraying him.

I'm not sure where the idea that He was murdered comes from. Jesus said He gives His live, and God says it was because of love. If I give my life for something, it's not murder.

For some reason we like going back to Judas, but it's also for the sins you will commit today that He gave His life, so yes, we are all just as guilty. Well Judas a little more so!

Upvote 0

Steve Petersen

Senior Veteran
May 11, 2005
✟162,912.00
Faith
Deist
Politics
US-Libertarian
According to Edial, it was the Jews that were responsible for Jesus' murder.

A familiar cry throughout Christian history, usually followed by massacres and expulsions.

Christians need to get informed about their ancestors' treatment of the Jewish people.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Edial

Site Supporter
Nov 3, 2004
United States
✟63,157.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
According to Edial, it was the Jews that were responsible for Jesus' murder.

A familiar cry throughout Christian history, usually followed by massacres and expulsions.

Christians need to get informed about their ancestors' treatment of the Jewish people.
Do you have a quote of me saying that?

In reality, Jewish leadership together with Romans crucified Christ.
I did not write that, the Jewish Apostles wrote that.
Talk to them.

Unless of course you choose to pretend this never happened?

Upvote 0

murjahel

Senior Veteran
Oct 31, 2005
✟29,367.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Israel receives some of the blame ...
Acts 2:22-23 (KJV)
22 Ye men of Israel, hear these words; Jesus of Nazareth, a man approved of God among you by miracles and wonders and signs, which God did by him in the midst of you, as ye yourselves also know:
23 Him, being delivered by the determinate counsel and foreknowledge of God, ye have taken, and by wicked hands have crucified and slain:

Acts 2:36 (KJV)
36 Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.

Acts 4:10 (KJV)
10 Be it known unto you all, and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom ye crucified, whom God raised from the dead, even by him doth this man stand here before you whole.

demons and evil spirits receive some, for they were instigating such deed
1 Corinthians 2:8 (KJV)
8 Which none of the princes of this world knew: for had they known it, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.

apostates who depart after having being sancrified and saved... are also guilty of crucifying Jesus afresh
Hebrews 6:6 (KJV)
6 If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.

Gentiles carried out the deed, so non Jews are also guilty...
Matthew 20:19 (KJV)
19 And shall deliver him to the Gentiles to mock, and to scourge, and to crucify him: and the third day he shall rise again.

God the Father commanded it, Jesus laid down His life willingly on the cross, so this was a plan of God, not forced...
John 10:18 (KJV)
18 No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of my Father.

So who is to blame... every person of all time... for 'all have sinned' and since all have sinned, the crucifixion was necessary so they could have opportunity to be saved... Jesus and His Father saw the need, and God 'so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son', and Jesus came to lay down His life willingly at the Father's command...

So... that settles that...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ByTheSpirit

Come Lord Jesus
May 17, 2011
Manhattan, KS
✟189,051.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
For the record I wasn't trying to lean one way or the other with my OP. I see the harlot of Babylon as a false church, could be the RCC I suppose. Thus the beast she rides on would be the EU or even UN. Is the Anti-Christ the same as the beast? Depends.

I think the beast the WoB rides on is a seperate entity than the beast of Rev 13 & 19. That entity is clearly the Anti-Christ, but it's hard to envision the Anti-Christ pertaining to a world wide organization. The Anti-Christ is a singular person, so they appear to be seperate. That is the beast of Rev 13/19 is a seperate thing from the beast the WoB rides on in Rev 17.

I guess the answer to the OP depends on your view of that thing.

Upvote 0