✟17,283.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Brother & Sisters,

This Thread is written with the UTMOST love & humility. I am truly the least among the least, but it has been laid on my heart to bring this message out. I hope you all know how much love & respect I have for each of you. I myself am guilty and have to repend whole heartedly. I pray that this is looked on as an ecouragement, not a reprimand.

How on earth do we expect Christ's Light to shine through us if we cannot find it in our hearts to heed the Two Great Commandments that Christ gave!?

In Matthew 22:37-39 KJV Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. (38) This is the first and great commandment. (39) And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

Look at the posts, the mockery, sarcasm, and divisiveness that has been spewed in here lately! How can we [and I include myself as guilty also] claim to love Our God! How can we love our neighbor when we mock and belittle him?!

Oh Singles forum, I am calling on you now to band together and seek Christ in these matters. I pray humbly that the Holy Spirit will lead us and guide us in the path that is God's will, not what tickles the flesh.

Bear in mind, the flesh craves that which is wrong, fight as Paul said, against the flesh...that the Spirit may prevail in us!

For Jesus gave us this example:

Matthew 5:43-47 KJV Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy. (44) But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you; (45) That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust. (46) For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye? do not even the publicans the same? (47) And if ye salute your brethren only, what do ye more than others? do not even the publicans so?

where is that love that Jesus spoke of? Where is our faith? Must we decide to take matters into our own hands, or might we be better to seek God's will in these times?

I want to leave you with what Christ said about how we should act as Christians.[followers of Christ, to be Christ-like!]

Matthew 25:34-46 KJV Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world: (35) For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in: (36) Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me. (37) Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink? (38) When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee? (39) Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee? (40) And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me. (41) Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels: (42) For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink: (43) I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not. (44) Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee? (45) Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me. (46) And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.

I just implore each of you to pray fervently over these things, as I have done. I have already repented of the malice and annoyance I have had. Please find it to do the same. Brothers & Sisters, turn from the malice and mockery, and instead show the love of Christ to those around you.

I pray Peace Be Unto All of You, In Christs Name.

Amen. :)

Last edited:

kevlite2020

rawr means I love you in dinosaur!
Sep 11, 2008
Florida
Visit site
✟35,700.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Sometimes humor and laughter is the only way I can find to find joy when a place is being overrun by people trying to make a mockery of it. I'm not disagreeing with what you're saying or what the greatest commandments are... But if people are going to try and make a joke of the Christian community, I'd rather find a way to laugh about it than cry or spew hate over it.

Upvote 0

SweetDee

I solemnly swear I am up to no good.
Jul 13, 2010
Hogwarts
✟22,875.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
With all do respect, I do not appreciate this. At. all. I do not like being yelled at nor do I like being reprimanded by someone who has no place doing it. I find the threads being thrown around a mockery to this board so I acted accordingly. I do not feel like I need to pray over everything that I post. I think that is a little insane. Forgive me for trying to bring humor to the board. I will just bow out of the forums for a bit until I cool off and this whole situation wears out.

Upvote 0

Andrew12

A Knight of the Lord
Nov 4, 2010
Mainstreet, AnyTown
Visit site
✟17,283.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Zilam, the mocking that goes on in these odd threads. Trolls or not, Christians shouldn't behave in such a way toward anyone. We need to seek God's will, that Christ's light might shine out through us. :)

Kevlite, Pray for them. Earnestly seek to get in touch with God. There is no need to mock people to find laughter in a situation. our Joy rests in the Lord. when people Mock the Christian community, they need prayer. there are no need of tears or of spewing hate. Pray for those that mock, dont become a mocker as they are. :)

Brothers, I hope this clarifies somewhat. :)

I have not yelled, or reprimanded. I have simply pleaded with everyone, myself included to take a few steps back and look at this from a Biblical Perspective. This is written in LOVE, not anger. I hope you all know this. God Bless. :)

Upvote 0

LadyOfMystery

Heart of Gold
Mar 25, 2007
North Carolina
✟279,393.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
No one is yelling at anyone, nor repremanding.. I think Andrew is just trying to bring us all together again. It's been a bit sidetracking lately, and I'm not meaning with the trolls but just in general. I think this thread was made to just let us all fellowship again and get back with God together.

Edited to add
Thank you Andrew for making this! Beautiful thread. :)

Reactions: Andrew12
Upvote 0
R

Riot Riot Riot

I remember coming to this place for a spiritual uplift. (Not that I didn't have other sources.) Now it's more of a downer, and I remember why I left in the first place.

Point is, people don't like to be shown their wrongs (by God or anyone, unless asked [me included]), and I think that's why this post has some people in a tiff.

Reactions: LadyOfMystery
Upvote 0

Im_A

Legend
May 10, 2004
✟35,359.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
In Relationship
My re-evaluation is:
Singles Forum is now like a bar.

The drunks(people who post like a troll) shut up and guess what happens...peace beyond understanding is creeping in again for a season. People don't want to hear the drunks(trolls)being loud with outlandish posts on this board. CF, like a bar, doesn't have good ways to deal with it because there is no initial way to know who is a troll without problems coming up first and by then, everyone is tired of rule breakers like them. I don't blame people for being upset about them. Everyone that got upset at them...THUMBS UP FROM ME!

Embrace the peace for a time.

No changes coming from me. I have repeatedly taken them seriously and then repeatedly joked about them. The cycle continues...

Upvote 0

kevlite2020

Sep 11, 2008
Florida
Visit site
✟35,700.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Zilam, the mocking that goes on in these odd threads. Trolls or not, Christians shouldn't behave in such a way toward anyone. We need to seek God's will, that Christ's light might shine out through us. :)

Kevlite, Pray for them. Earnestly seek to get in touch with God. There is no need to mock people to find laughter in a situation. our Joy rests in the Lord. when people Mock the Christian community, they need prayer. there are no need of tears or of spewing hate. Pray for those that mock, dont become a mocker as they are. :)

Brothers, I hope this clarifies somewhat. :)

I have not yelled, or reprimanded. I have simply pleaded with everyone, myself included to take a few steps back and look at this from a Biblical Perspective. This is written in LOVE, not anger. I hope you all know this. God Bless. :)

So while people make a mess of these forums, we should quietly pray for them? In the meantime, what christian forum do you recommend I hang out at until the trolls head out?

It's funny, I thought they were being pretty unsuccessful at trolling, but with the attitudes and perspectives that are coming out here, it's clear that they actually have had a pretty good impact on this place.

I remember coming to this place for a spiritual uplift. (Not that I didn't have other sources.) Now it's more of a downer, and I remember why I left in the first place.

Point is, people don't like to be shown their wrongs (by God or anyone, unless asked [me included]), and I think that's why this post has some people in a tiff.

So because we have a different opinion than you, we are making this a spiritual downer and we are refusing to see our wrongs?

It's funny that you guys can isolate the people you call friends who you see here every day, just so you can defend internet trolls who are just trying to cause drama on the board. I don't know how I can paint a picture clear enough for y'all to see that, but don't fall for it... :doh:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Andrew12

A Knight of the Lord
Nov 4, 2010
Mainstreet, AnyTown
Visit site
✟17,283.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican

Yes, I know what you mean. I never enjoy when I have to admit that I'm wrong when God shows me something, but as hard a pill as it is to swallow, I know that it is good for us.

it reminds me of a song, sung by the crabb family,

YouTube - ‪Through the Fire w/ lyrics on screen‬‏

Upvote 0

Verve

No grit, no pearl.
Apr 12, 2011
✟24,640.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Andrew, I couldn't even read what you wrote.
If you have a message that you would like to share, can you please do it more concisely?
We are all Christian here and it appears that you have offended some by throwing scripture in their faces like a reprimanding father. (At least that's what I took from comments)
If you have scripture to share can you please just reference the verses, I'm pretty sure it would be far more helpful.

Also for future reference, the color red upsets people by nature.
It's a human psychology thing. It doesn't "feel" loving when you rant at people in red.

Upvote 0
R

Riot Riot Riot

So because we have a different opinion than you, we are making this a spiritual downer and we are refusing to see our wrongs?

It's funny that you guys can isolate the people you call friends who you see here every day, just so you can defend internet trolls who are just trying to cause drama on the board. I don't know how I can paint a picture clear enough for y'all to see that, but don't fall for it... :doh:
That's not at all what I was saying. Stop reading between the lines.

What I'm saying is that this place honestly used to build me up. When I first signed up and made the few friends I have on here, there wasn't all this trolling and division. Sure, there were the occasional idiot who liked to try and make everyone angry, but most of the time their threads were ignored until they died down.

If that's what you think I was getting at, then you're wrong.

Upvote 0

Andrew12

A Knight of the Lord
Nov 4, 2010
Mainstreet, AnyTown
Visit site
✟17,283.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
If you have a message that you would like to share, can you please do it more concisely?
We are all Christian here and it appears that you have offended some by throwing scripture in their faces like a reprimanding father. (At least that's what I took from comments)
If you have scripture to share can you please just reference the verses, I'm pretty sure it would be far more helpful.

Also for future reference, the color red upsets people by nature.
It's a human psychology thing. It doesn't "feel" loving when you rant at people in red.

well, the scriptural quotes were there for easy reference, and the color red is because that's the standard color [even in my bible program] for the words that Christ says directly. :)

I think I've already covered the other parts in my revised intro and previous comments. :)

Upvote 0

Im_A

Legend
May 10, 2004
✟35,359.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
In Relationship
My last contribution to the thread:
No matter how you all want to love people on this board, edification will never be found for Christians on a board that is being boggled down with trolling.

Good luck figuring out what to do. I am content with simply being the way people know me to be.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Verve

No grit, no pearl.
Apr 12, 2011
✟24,640.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
well, the scriptural quotes were there for easy reference, and the color red is because that's the standard color [even in my bible program] for the words that Christ says directly. :)

I think I've already covered the other parts in my revised intro and previous comments. :)

I understand that it's standard to use red, unfortunately it's a killer on the eyes on my monitor but is fine in ink. :)

Upvote 0

Wren

Dec 19, 2006
PNW
✟33,144.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married

Yeah, I couldn't read it either. :sorry: (both due to the length and font color)

No matter how you all want to love people on this board, edification will never be found for Christians on a board that is being boggled down with trolling.

Good luck figuring out what to do. I am content with simply being the way people know me to be.

Excellent point.

Sorry, I don't have anything original to contribute, other than that I'm just going to continue what I have been doing....not feeding trolls and putting them on my ignore list.

Reactions: Rhye
Upvote 0

kevlite2020

Sep 11, 2008
Florida
Visit site
✟35,700.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Mind if I throw a +1 on this?

That's why when trolling starts, I default to humor. Nothing else productive's going to come from it. When people try to take that crap serious and try to defend the very people that are trying to make them miserable... yeah good luck with that.

Upvote 0

kevlite2020

Sep 11, 2008
Florida
Visit site
✟35,700.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
successful-troll-is-successful.jpg

Upvote 0