Single & Gods plan

DrFrank

May 20, 2010
✟494.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Not just for "some" at all! Nowhere in this statement from Jesus will you find the word "some" as He warns His followers that marital status is a criteria for salvation:

Luke 20:34-36 (New King James Version)

34 Jesus answered and said to them, “The sons of this age marry and are given in marriage. 35 But those who are counted worthy to attain that age, and the resurrection from the dead, neither marry nor are given in marriage; 36 nor can they die anymore, for they are equal to the angels and are sons of God, being sons of the resurrection.

SORT OF MAKES YOU WONDER ABOUT WHAT THEY ARE TEACHING IN CHURCHES DOESN'T IT? :confused:

Let's see:

1.Getting Married
2.Obtaining Wealth
3.Supporting The Nation's Wars

Oh now I understand!!

1 Timothy 4:1-2 (Contemporary English Version)

1God's Spirit clearly says that in the last days many people will turn from their faith. They will be fooled by evil spirits and by teachings that come from demons.:o 2They will also be fooled by the false claims of liars whose consciences have lost all feeling.:eek:

LET'S THANK GOD THESE ARE THE LAST DAYS!!:clap:

Upvote 0

Evie1980

Learning to thrive
Sep 30, 2005
Where the Lord wants me
✟18,973.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
I am finally able to listen to your posts! Praise the Lord I was able to fix my computer as I have really missed your posts.

What an amazing reminder John. It is funny how we are so introspective we as humans are. We believe that we are alone in our struggles and tend to judge our lives and situations the hardest. Yet there are other people who struggle more than I do. I used to always assume that other people had it better than me. I thought that my singleness was the problem but I know married people who struggle more than me. My struggles are just different but that doesn’t make them any harder (or easier for that matter).

I really don't know what it is like to be blind. Not in the physical sense anyway. I do know how it feels to be blind to God’s work in my life and to be blind to all of God’s blessings. I also know what it is like to blindly step out in faith holding in to God's word and promises as my hope. I know blindness in the spiritual sense. Sometimes it is good and sometimes it is bad. It really depends on your reason to be blind.

I like this story. It reminds me that there is a purpose in all things. Sometimes our life situations don’t revolve around us but rather revolve around God. I hope and pray for all of us that we will see just how God is using all these situations. Our blindness and lack, like you said, often draws us down into the world, whereas, it should be what is pushing up into Christ's arms.

Blessings
:hug:

Upvote 0

LadyL

Sep 25, 2009
Heaven bound
✟12,457.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
John, I have been thinking lately how much some people focus on their single status, rather than out there trying to save a dying world. We are very blessed to be able to have this time to devote to ministering to others. Not that we won't if we get married, but now is the time to give it to God to use for His glory and building of His Kingdom.

I no longer want to question why? Not that I won't, because singleness in itself is tough to battle when you are surrounded by others who are married or getting married, or in relationships- but I truly do want to focus on God. He's worth it and so our the many people we can reach.

Thanks for sharing your words. You be encouraged as well, dear brother.

Reactions: Evie1980
Upvote 0

MacFall

Agorist
Nov 24, 2007
Western Pennsylvania, USA
✟25,688.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I... I don't see any possible way that this could end well. I move that we ignore that post and just focus on the OP.

This. I haven't watched the video yet, but I second the motion to disregard the first reply in any case.

Upvote 0