Simple Question!

We do not sin so that grace may abound, but when we sin grace abounds.

• Yes I Agree (I will give my reason)

• No I Disagree (I will give my reason)

• Not Sure / No Opinion (I will give my reason)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 18, 2003
✟11,355.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I voted yes.

1st John 2:1-3

1 My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:

2 And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.

3 And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments.

Upvote 0
Dec 18, 2003
✟11,355.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I voted, Yes. I think that passage is to be comfort to us that when we do sin, God’s grace is sufficient.

~Jim

The world is composed of givers and takers.

The takers may eat better, but the givers sleep better.
I think it is more than just a way of comforting us. I think it is a statement of truth.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JimB

Legend
Jul 12, 2004
Nacogdoches, Texas
Visit site
✟34,757.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Got a Greek Bible? Does the original text of the Bible use the definite article “the” before “Holy Spirit”?

~Jim
The world is composed of givers and takers.
The takers may eat better, but the givers sleep better.

Upvote 0

nephilimiyr

I've Been Keepin My Eyes Wide Open
Jan 21, 2003
Wausau Wisconsin
Visit site
✟40,552.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Could it be...that for once we all agree?
Well ok then, just for the sake of arguement, I disagree. Yes Mont, he jinxed it! Actually, I'm just kidding, I couldn't agree more! ;)

Our sin is not what activates grace, It's our faith that does that. The way I see the poll question framed, if anyone would disagree with it they would be therefore saying that it's our sin that activates grace, but...

Romans 5:1-2, Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have gained access by faith into this grace in which we now stand. And we rejoice in the hope of the glory of God.

Our sin doesn't gain us access into this grace but our faith does. :)

Oh, and lets not forget this one:
Ephesians 2:8-9, For it is grace you have been saved, through faith, and this not from ourselves, it is the gift of God, not by works, so that no one can boast.

Grace always and only comes through faith, not sin, or anything else for that matter like good deeds or performance of the law.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Elijah2

No weapons formed against me will prosper.
Aug 15, 2006
Australia
✟26,096.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Nope sorry mate! Not that simple!

We know that Law exaggerated “SIN”, and it was revealed that “SIN” can exceed the “GRACE” provided by our Lord Jesus Christ, and that “SIN” loses its peril when we compare it with our Lord Jesus Christ.

When we bring simplicity into “GRACE”, that is, since “SIN” is a way that makes “GRACE” abundantly, it doesn’t give us the right to “continue in sin”. After all, if we continue in “SIN”, living in “SIN”, in order to take advantage of “GRACE” would be denying our own identity in our Lord Jesus Christ.

We have died to sin, and made alive in our Lord Jesus Christ, but “SIN” still “reigns” as a problem and is expressed through our “mortal body” by temptation, when we "give place to the devil" and allow ourself to be "devoured".

When we are “under grace”, we fulfil the Law!

Upvote 0

jeolmstead

-That’s me in the corner, losing my religion
Apr 27, 2006
Memphis, TN USA
✟22,092.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I would say that the man who continues in willful disobedience knows neither grace nor the Lord of grace.

But, more often the problem is those (like the Galatians) who having once tasted grace, seek now to maintain it by paying for it with the law.

Doing so is just a religious expression of the carnal man.

It is all Grace or its all flesh, they never mix.

Saved by Grace
Kept by Grace
Sanctified by Grace

John O.

Upvote 0
Dec 18, 2003
✟11,355.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I would say that the man who continues in willful disobedience knows neither grace nor the Lord of grace.

But, more often the problem is those (like the Galatians) who having once tasted grace, seek now to maintain it by paying for it with the law.

Saved by Grace
Kept by Grace
Sanctified by Grace

John O.

I have found in my own life that when I live according to what you describe I find that I do not struggle and actually see the fruits of the Spirit begin to bloom in my life. Ironically, it is various interpretations of passages in the Bible, that cause me to become discouraged from that disposition.

Upvote 0

pinetree

Mar 17, 2008
USA
✟13,825.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

Saved by Grace
Kept by Grace
Sanctified by Grace

John O.
Yes,totally agree...:)

Romans 6:14
For sin shall not be your master, because you are not under law, but under grace.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.