Sigh..........I'm afraid of losing my job.

MercyandFaith

Dec 25, 2012
✟22,126.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I work in a job that involves being subject to a significant amount of quality control. Without getting too much into depth, every product has to be checked for errors, and getting too many errors will get me fired.

There are so many potential flaws or things that can go wrong with many of these products that sometimes it's just a matter of luck, or feels like it - it would be almost impossible to give every single product the 100% attention it needs and still maintain the required production levels.

I've gotten 5 errors this month. Getting more than 6 in a month may lead to disciplinary action, getting more than 10 in a month might get me fired. And it's not even August 10 yet! I still have two-thirds of the month to go.

I am just so unhappy about this, and anxious since I am also still in debt (have been financially in debt since late 2012.)

Reactions: brinny

davidcrosby

Aug 7, 2016
US
✟8,328.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Have prayed and will keep you in my morning prayers brother(sister?). And yeah, there's some things you just can’t avoid and have to deal with that isn't your wrong or fault. But while casting your worries on our Lord, just remember, the storm tested both the believer’s and the unbeliever’s house (see Mat 7:24-27). But the believer overcame. So what’s this months goal? For God to make you an overcomer, not an escape artist! “Thanks be unto God, which always causes us to triumph in Christ” (2 Cor 2:14). Yes, God will deliver you, but first He will develop you. Paul said, “I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances…in any and every situation…I can do everything through Him who gives me strength” (Php 4:11-13). That just goes to show, when the winds of adversity blow, flexible people bend rather than break. And when adversity is demanding a reaction, it’s the strength of your relationship with God that will dictate your response. So be strong in the Lord and the power of His might (Eph 6:10). Rely on His strength in and through you as only He can do. Just remember, when human wisdom or ability can’t take you a step further, faith will. Faith holds the hand of God.
Sorry so long, but I found myself reminding myself... Lifting you up to our Lord with my heart in my hands.

Upvote 0

Catherineanne

Sep 1, 2004
Europe
✟76,860.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Widowed
I work in a job that involves being subject to a significant amount of quality control. Without getting too much into depth, every product has to be checked for errors, and getting too many errors will get me fired.

There are so many potential flaws or things that can go wrong with many of these products that sometimes it's just a matter of luck, or feels like it - it would be almost impossible to give every single product the 100% attention it needs and still maintain the required production levels.

I've gotten 5 errors this month. Getting more than 6 in a month may lead to disciplinary action, getting more than 10 in a month might get me fired. And it's not even August 10 yet! I still have two-thirds of the month to go.

I am just so unhappy about this, and anxious since I am also still in debt (have been financially in debt since late 2012.)

I am really sorry you find yourself in such a difficult place. Can you talk to your supervisor about getting training to find those faults more effectively? I assume others can manage to do this impossible work? (I know I couldn't!)

Anxiety will not make this easier for you, so I really feel for you.

God be with you.

Upvote 0

Zeenosue

Feb 4, 2016
Guadalajara
✟16,047.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I know how you feel, I've worked in a similar job in which quality control was sometimes a bit too nitpicky and therefore it was basically impossible to get a 100%, with the risk of getting fired after certain number of mistakes. Look, a lot of times the key to success is peace. When you're calm, in peace, and without getting nervous about being fired, your work is much more efficient than when you work in fear. Try to achieve that state of peace and you will see how products turn out to be great without you even trying too much. But how do we obtain peace? Through faith. How do we obtain faith? By spending time with the Lord. So I recommend you to do so and to ask the Lord for peace in your job, so that you don't get nervous and therefore you don't make more mistakes than you're allowed too.

Have faith, you'll see you're gonna be able to do this ;) Just trust Him and know that He's there with you... Taking care of you, understanding you situation, and willing to help you like a child learning to walk.

Praying for you, brother.

Upvote 0

blessedbethyname101

Dec 30, 2015
north pole
✟9,406.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Celibate
Dear God,

Please allow this person to concentrate and to do her/his best. We all need you in our times of desperation. This a job he/she needs to survive. Please help him/her to keep it. Please give him/her peace of mind and spirit while doing the job. Please be with him/her. She/he is crying for help. Please answer prayers said on his/her behalf. Thank you, dear Jesus.
Amen

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,342,916.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
:heart: Bless yer heart, praying that God calms and steadies you and eases any angst and fear, and blesses you with focus and wisdom, discernment, and clarity, and that you are able to lift any and all uncertainties to Him, and that He ministers to you as only He can and that He is the Lifter of your precious head. May His peace fill you as He strengthens and sustains you. Father may it be so, in Jesus name, amen. (((hug)))

Upvote 0