karen_trustlord

May 7, 2004
✟1,046.00
Faith
Non-Denom
August 2, 2005
Show Me Your Glory

Exodus 33:18 Then Moses said, "Now show me your glory."

Have you ever felt like this? Do you long for the Lord's return? Have you ever felt the Lord's presence so close, so near, touching you deep within your soul?

Once you've experienced the Lord's presence like this you don't want it to end. The following lyrics express this feeling.

Show Me Your Glory
Third Day

I caught a glimpse of Your splendor
In the corner of my eye
The most beautiful thing I've ever seen
And it was like a flash of lightning
Reflected off the sky
And I know I'll never be the same

{chorus}:
Show me Your Glory
Send down Your presence
I wanna see Your face
Show me Your Glory
Majesty shines about You
I can't go on without You, Lord

This was my prayer until I read the following.
From: http://www.justworship.com/onworship/thegloryofgodp1.html
Early one morning around 5:00 o'clock I was sitting on the love seat in our living room having a time worship and prayer. During my prayer time I was intensely praying for God to show me his glory. Just as I got the words out of my mouth the room lit up with a bright light. My heart felt like it would explode from the force of the pressure. I could feel it beating rapidly in my throat. Fear gripped me as I sat frozen to the love seat. Never in my life have I been so afraid. It is almost indescribable.

Almost as soon as the fear gripped me I began to feel very foolish. I realized that just as I had prayed those words that a car pulled out from the road across from our house and the headlights had shown through the window and illuminated the room. As foolish as I felt it still took several minutes for my heart to get back to normal. God spoke to me, "Do you still want to see my glory?" I answered, "I'm not sure if I am ready to see your glory. If the headlights of a car scare me that bad I can't imagine if it had really been you." I changed my prayer that morning from, "Lord, I want to see your glory." to "Lord, help me get ready to see your glory." That light, even though it came from a car, exposed the condition of my heart. I think God set me up.

This morning I read the following passage.
Exodus 33:12-23

Verses 21 & 22 really jumped out.
Then the LORD said, "There is a place near me where you may stand on a rock. When my glory passes by, I will put you in a cleft in the rock and cover you with my hand until I have passed by.

This makes it clear that we need to be standing on the rock when the Lord's glory passes by. The Lord will protect us if we are standing on the rock. Who is the rock?

1 Corinthians 10:4 ... for they drank from the spiritual rock that accompanied them, and that rock was Christ.

I think I'll change my prayer from "Lord, show me Your glory, I want to see your glory." to "Lord, help me get ready to see your glory."

___________ Neat Picture:

http://www.angelfire.com/jazz/karen_trust/PrayerLog/Aug2005.html#RockStand

Thank You Lord for the rock of Christ, show us each how to stand on this rock. Lord, help each of us prepare our hearts to meet You, to see Your glory, to see You face to face.

1 Corinthians 13:10,12 but when perfection comes, the imperfect disappears. Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.