Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
LOL.

NO IT DOESN'T!!

LOL.

LOL.

Old Covenant (same place where God used a DONKEY to instruct Balaam. )

LOL

LOL.

NO she WASN'T

LOL.

LOL.

That refers to SALVATION ONLY (or else same-sex marriages would be allright) .

LOL.

Go ahead...

TRY to explain away scripture

(it won't work on ME, however) .

ILLUSTRATION:
--------------

MANY children are Christian....

BUT...

Should we put

6 YEAR OLDS behind pulpits,

to teach the SERMON?

Nope.

Instead of laughing with a "No, you're wrong." kind of statement, please provide why this is wrong information.

OH, but wait, I'm a woman so I'm probably suppose to stay silent and not ask questions.:sorry:

Upvote 0

Tenebrae

A follower of The Way
Sep 30, 2005
floating in the ether, never been happier
Visit site
✟33,648.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Private
I would even caution women

against teaching other women,

or other children, than their own,

because:

... it was not Adam who was DECEIVED, but THE WOMAN being deceived, fell into transgression.

15 But women will be preserved through the bearing of children if they continue in faith and love and sanctity with self-restraint.
Of course eve jumped on adam, tied him down and force fed him the apple:D Poor old Adam was just an innocent victim and not a willing participant in all this

(BTW, my post is made with a large dose of sarcasm. JUST INCASE you missed it)

Upvote 0

If Not For Grace

Legend-but then so's Keith Richards
Feb 4, 2005
Curtis Loew's House w/Kid Rock & Hank III
Visit site
✟46,998.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
A couple of more references:

Junia in Romans 16:7, "outstanding among the apostles" Nympha, and "her house church"-- the only leader mentioned by name in Laodicea, Col. 4:15. Also Euodia and Syntyche who "contended at my side in the cause of the gospel" Phil. 4:1-3.

Jesus tells us "...whoever practices and teaches these commands (the Ten Commandments), will be called great in the kingdom of heaven." Matt. 5:19. Jesus put no gender restrictions on teaching, but said "whoever" and promises greatness for both men and women who teach the commandments.

Acts 10:34 - "...God is no respecter of persons...."

The Great Commission, Mark 16:15, "Preach the Gospel," is to ALL believers, and to all the church of Jesus Christ. The command to "preach the Gospel" is to both male and female.

The first message of the Resurrection of Christ was spoken by women to a group of men.

Anna - Luke 2:36-38. She must have prophesied in church, because she did not depart from the temple.

Women prophesying are a fulfillment of Bible Prophecy and another sign of Christ's soon return to earth (Joel 2:28; Acts 2:17-18).
MIRIAM - Exodus 15:20; Numbers 12:1; Micah 6:4. She was a Prophetess and a Song Leader in Israel.

HULDAH - 2 Kings 22:14. Five men went to Sister Huldah and communed with her. She spoke to a congregation of men concerning the book of the Law

If a woman cannot speak in church, then she cannot speak in prayer meeting, young people's service, etc., for who can deny that Sunday School and Prayer meeting, and Youth work are parts of church?

Christ's Church is not a building, but rather it is found where two or three are gathered together in His name, whether at a street meeting, in a tent, a home, church, classroom or anywhere else.

And what would one say to Paula White, (2nd largest church in the US) Serita Jakes, Joyce Meyer or Beth Moore or....(many others)?

Sit down and be quiet, I think not?

Upvote 0

Sign Of The Fish Burger

Black holes are where God divided by zero.
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2003
✟58,931.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
ron, your sarcasm and blatent anger towards women make me question your motive in starting a thread like this. To bash women? To hurt us? MY opinion is men are so dumb...God had to use a donkey in the OT to talk to a man, knocked a man off his horse in the NT to get his attention. IF Adam had been doing what GOD told him to in the first place..guess what??? WOMAN wouldn't of been decieved. Lets give it a rest about how 'bad' women are ok? Men are no better. I agree with Pauls teachings...but I won't use it to bash someone else, OR MISUSE it to abuse women.
:clap: :amen:

Upvote 0

ROGER459

Aug 30, 2006
✟798.00
Faith
Christian
FIRST: Why would a woman want to TEACH in a Church? ?

Did you miss this WOMAN TEACHER?

(Revelation 2:20-to-23) Notwithstanding I have a few things against thee, because thou sufferest that woman Jezebel, which calleth herself a prophetess, to teach and to seduce my servants to commit fornication, and to eat things sacrificed unto idols.
(Rev 2:21) And I gave her space to repent of her fornication; and she repented not.
(Rev 2:22) Behold, I will cast her into a bed, and them that commit adultery with her into great tribulation, except they repent of their deeds.
(Rev 2:23) And I will kill her children with death; and all the churches shall know that I am he which searcheth the reins and hearts: and I will give unto every one of you according to your works.

THEN: God's position for WOMEN TEACHERS!

(Tittus 2:3-4-5) The aged [MATURE] women likewise, that they be in behaviour as becometh holiness, not false accusers, not given to much wine, teachers of good things;
(*** 2:4) That they may teach the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children,
(*** 2:5) To be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed.

Thanks, Roger459

Upvote 0

thenewageriseth

Stranger in my town, commoner in my realm
Apr 28, 2005
Illinois
Visit site
✟27,180.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Should women teach?
(1 tim 2 NASB)

11 A woman must quietly receive instruction with entire submissiveness.

But I do not allow a woman to teach or exercise authority over a man, but to remain quiet.

13 For it was Adam who was first created, and then Eve.

And it was not Adam who was deceived, but the woman being deceived, fell into transgression.

15 But women will be preserved through the bearing of children if they continue in faith and love and sanctity with self-restraint.

I say a resounding YES! and btw, that verse: Tim. 11, 12 and possibly 15, SUCKS EGGS. :) ;)

Semi-Feminist for life!

Upvote 0

bod44

Jun 19, 2006
Eatonville, Washington
✟15,446.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
They are free to teach women and children, and join in personal discussions....but no hold leadership positions in the church.
exactly! Amen! My stand is that they are free to teach women, and to lead young people or children classes etc, but they are clearly not to preach. If a woman preaches in a church I usually walk out because it just feels weird and wrong, and its against Biblical principles. Paul said women are to remain silent in the church.

Upvote 0

JVarner83

Aug 17, 2006
✟15,258.00
Faith
Christian
WoW

Have people not figured out that God no longer looks on the outward man/woman?

He looks at the heart.

I say preach it ladies.

As far as the Adam/Eve discussion, DON'T EVEN TRY AND BLAME ALL OF IT ON THE WOMAN.

(Rom 5:12) Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:

(Rom 5:19) For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

Trying to prove that discussion is like getting a girl pregnant and saying it was not your fault!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

bod44

Jun 19, 2006
Eatonville, Washington
✟15,446.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
WoW

Have people not figured out that God no longer looks on the outward man/woman?

He looks at the heart.

I say preach it ladies.

As far as the Adam/Eve discussion, DON'T EVEN TRY AND BLAME ALL OF IT ON THE WOMAN.

(Rom 5:12) Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:

(Rom 5:19) For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

Trying to prove that discussion is like getting a girl pregnant and saying it was not your fault!
Romans is talking about how we are made free from sin!! That has absolutely nothing to do with what paul later says about women being silent! Women were created by God to be under the authority of men. Women who try to preach are going against God's system of authority. What you're saying is that Paul is wrong and that he is missing Christ's teaching which is crazy.
1Co 14:34 Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience, as also saith the law.
1Co 14:35 And if they will learn any thing, let them ask their husbands at home: for it is a shame for women to speak in the church.
1Ti 2:11 Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection.
1Ti 2:12 But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.
1Ti 2:13 For Adam was first formed, then Eve.
1Ti 2:14 And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression.
1Ti 2:15 Notwithstanding she shall be saved in childbearing, if they continue in faith and charity and holiness with sobriety.

Upvote 0

oliveplants

Senior Veteran
Jan 4, 2006
✟11,079.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
No, it's not OK for women to teach as authority over men in the church.

But of course they can teach children and other women. They can also study with people about becoming Christians and they can participate in bible study/discussions as long as a Christian man is the teacher/authority figure. :)

:thumbsup:

I would even caution women

against teaching other women,

or other children, than their own,

because:

... it was not Adam who was DECEIVED, but THE WOMAN being deceived, fell into transgression.

But yet, Titus 2:3. The aged women likewise, that they be in behaviour as becometh holiness, not false accusers, not given to much wine, teachers of good things;
4. That they may teach the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children,

Of course, James 3:1. My brethren, be not many masters, knowing that we shall receive the greater condemnation.

Upvote 0

urbanlemur2005

Jun 8, 2005
Bronx, NY
✟507.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think many are missing the point behind the statement. We have to remember the conditions at the time and the fact that we are dealing with the Jewish way of life at that point in time.

At the time, men sat on one side and women on the other. Women asking questions created a disruption during the service so it was considered best that the women wait until afterwards to ask.

Another view of this statement is that Paul is exercising his apostolic authority to curb the spread of false teaching that was becoming popular among A FEW (not all) of the women.

It is also viewed as the opportunity for women to use their spiritual gifts under the proper authority of the men but not without that said authority. If God did not want women to be used in the church in any capacity, why don't they just stay home then? We have a woman pastor in our church and she is very learned and intelligent. She is also a very good orator and has a firm grasp on Scripture.

I believe that many we men see things solely as only black and white and only take one sentence then say that this is the way it's supposed to be without looking at alternate scriptures that relate to it. I'm not trying to change what the Bible says; just trying to understand what may require deeper study and understanding before taking a typical a male viewpoint and trying to keep women under our thumb when they could be doing marvelous work for the Kingdom.

Upvote 0

bod44

Jun 19, 2006
Eatonville, Washington
✟15,446.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I think many are missing the point behind the statement. We have to remember the conditions at the time and the fact that we are dealing with the Jewish way of life at that point in time.

At the time, men sat on one side and women on the other. Women asking questions created a disruption during the service so it was considered best that the women wait until afterwards to ask.

Another view of this statement is that Paul is exercising his apostolic authority to curb the spread of false teaching that was becoming popular among A FEW (not all) of the women.

It is also viewed as the opportunity for women to use their spiritual gifts under the proper authority of the men but not without that said authority. If God did not want women to be used in the church in any capacity, why don't they just stay home then? We have a woman pastor in our church and she is very learned and intelligent. She is also a very good orator and has a firm grasp on Scripture.

I believe that many we men see things solely as only black and white and only take one sentence then say that this is the way it's supposed to be without looking at alternate scriptures that relate to it. I'm not trying to change what the Bible says; just trying to understand what may require deeper study and understanding before taking a typical a male viewpoint and trying to keep women under our thumb when they could be doing marvelous work for the Kingdom.
perhaps I should clarify myself. I've seen women that have preached in street corners and have been mightily used of God, but I was referring to a home church. I'm aware that paul was referring to the jewish way, because men could stand up and challenge what was being preached if they thought it wrong, but remember, when paul writes to Timothy, Timothy was the preacher in Ephesus which is primarily gentiles. So, I still think that as a home church is concerned, men only should preach. There are some very conservative groups (Church of God for example) that actually have women preachers but I've never felt it right. I appreciate your opinion though and love you all as brothers and sisters in christ even if we disagree!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

thenewageriseth

Stranger in my town, commoner in my realm
Apr 28, 2005
Illinois
Visit site
✟27,180.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I also have a cousin who is a minister. Sherry Gordon's her name. Of course women should be able to teach as much as men do. :) and my main character is based on my cousin, so my character Kenya strives to be a minister, among other things as a praise dancer, stepper, musician, vocalist, etc :p Girl power y'all

Upvote 0

Calebofthepromisedland

Aug 1, 2006
Hahira, Ga. One stop light town just north of Vald
✟19,024.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Should women teach?

(1 tim 2 NASB)

11 A woman must quietly receive instruction with entire submissiveness.

But I do not allow a woman to teach or exercise authority over a man, but to remain quiet.

13 For it was Adam who was first created, and then Eve.

And it was not Adam who was deceived, but the woman being deceived, fell into transgression.

I'm sure there is more in the bible about this ronmathison. Do not forget that when there is not a man to take up a task set forth by God a woman will be called instead. True, women thirst for the authority of man. It is as God said it would be. It is apart of woman's curse due to Eve. But, we as men must not discount the importance of women. Saying they are stiff necked and muel-like is not what I would call the most appropriate way of describing the situation. If nothing else, we can depend on God to guide us and not men or women. Afterall, it is through God that men have authority. We have no other right to it. If the word of God is passed on through women, let it be. Saving souls and spreading the gospel is far more important here.

Upvote 0

lunalinda

Random. Raw. Real
Aug 18, 2003
Orlando, FL
✟19,113.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Heh wow, another one of the women threads. It feels like it's been forever.

Anyway, personally, I prefer men preaching than women. No offense to my fellow female kind. It's just that women, by default, are too emotional and frankly, those emotions do in fact get in the way a lot of the time. They get loud and dominating and authoritative in such an emotional way, I find it kind of...hmm. Bothersome? My pastor's wife doesn't preach, but there are times when she just goes up to say a little mini testimony or a verse to share or whatever. And much of the time, she gets all passionate about it.

Not that I'm suggesting that women shouldn't be passionate about the things of God, but sometimes it can be a little distracting. I just want a cut and dry, clear preaching from a man, who typically isn't as emotionally charged as women, and who typically won't be geared by his emotions, even if if they're in direct response to God. We expect a flood of emotion from women, not from men. But that just makes whatever emotion that emanates from a man that much more beautiful. So to see a man have his passion during preaching is a much more endearing thing for me.

My two cents. I'm off to catch some zzz's.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.