Should women cover their head during prayer?

Do women have to cover their head during prayer?

• Yes (fully).

• Yes (partially).

• No.

• Don't know.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Beckyy25

Christian
Nov 9, 2008
Visit site
✟22,683.00
Country
Romania
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Wow, I did not know women were suppose to cover their heads.
We're baptists and no one in my church does that. So are we suppose to cover our heads EVERYTIME or when we're in church???

1 Corinthians 11:5-10 (NIV)
And every woman who prays or prophesies with her head uncovered dishonors her head—it is just as though her head were shaved. If a woman does not cover her head, she should have her hair cut off; and if it is a disgrace for a woman to have her hair cut or shaved off, she should cover her head.
A man ought not to cover his head, since he is the image and glory of God; but the woman is the glory of man. For man did not come from woman, but woman from man; neither was man created for woman, but woman for man. For this reason, and because of the angels, the woman ought to have a sign of authority on her head.

In my opinion, this passage says that women have to cover their head during prayer and during prophesying, not all the time.

If you go and read through the whole thread, you will be able to see this issue from different angles.

EDIT: I forgot to answer the last part of your question. I believe we only have to cover our head at church. For more details please do read post #46 where I explained why I believe this.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.