Should women cover their head during prayer?

Do women have to cover their head during prayer?

• Yes (fully).

• Yes (partially).

• No.

• Don't know.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkNLovely

Dark am I, yet lovely.....Song of Songs 1:5
Jul 25, 2007
Where da party at!
✟18,913.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
... The answer lies in one answer. How legalist do you want to be and will that following a Law ensure yours or anyone elses salvation?

Hmm, I would say that it isn't a matter of legalism, but plain simple obedience to a clear ordinence. The actually act of head covering will save no one. But disobeying God's commands can lead to damnation. So it really doesen't matter what it is. I guess aother good example might be, that being heterosexual won't save one either, but homosexual sins can cause damnation. In my Christian walk so far, this is something that it changing me in the sense that I am realizing what it really means to be devout. It's not "what it is" all the time, so much as it's the willingness to obey. That make any sense? :sorry:

Upvote 0

DarkNLovely

Jul 25, 2007
Where da party at!
✟18,913.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I believe women should have long hair. I believe their covering is their hair. So yes, every woman should have a covering when they pray, their hair. Obviously, God understands if the woman has lost her hair or another situation like that.

1 Corinthians 11:15 "But if a woman have long hair, it is a glory to her: for her hair is given her for a covering." KJB

I am Christian head coverer, and I have studied this IN DEPTH and the problem with this is that to get that interpretation, one would have to be reading the Bible in English- not it's original language. Please allow me to respectfully clarify. What this says is:

1 Be imitators of me, as I am of Christ. 2 1 I praise you because you remember me in everything and hold fast to the traditions, just as I handed them on to you. 3 2 3 But I want you to know that Christ is the head of every man, and a husband the head of his wife, and God the head of Christ. 4 4 Any man who prays or prophesies with his head covered brings shame upon his head. 5 But any woman who prays or prophesies with her head unveiled brings shame upon her head, for it is one and the same thing as if she had had her head shaved. 6 For if a woman does not have her head veiled, she may as well have her hair cut off. But if it is shameful for a woman to have her hair cut off or her head shaved, then she should wear a veil. 7 5 A man, on the other hand, should not cover his head, because he is the image and glory of God, but woman is the glory of man. 8 For man did not come from woman, but woman from man; 9 nor was man created for woman, but woman for man; 10 for this reason a woman should have a sign of authority 6 on her head, because of the angels. 11 7 Woman is not independent of man or man of woman in the Lord. 12 For just as woman came from man, so man is born of woman; but all things are from God. 13 8 Judge for yourselves: is it proper for a woman to pray to God with her head unveiled? 14 Does not nature itself teach you that if a man wears his hair long it is a disgrace to him, 15 whereas if a woman has long hair it is her glory, because long hair has been given (her) for a covering? 16 But if anyone is inclined to be argumentative, we do not have such a custom, nor do the churches of God 17
Please notice the words that I have bolded. In the Koine Greek, the words that I have bolded in black is the word katakalupto and the word bolded in purple is peribolaion. So if we transliterate as best we can, versus 13 and 15 shoule read like this:

Judge for yourselves: is it proper for a woman to pray to God with her head un-katakaluptoed?......
14. whereas if a woman has long hair it is her glory, because long hair has been given (her) for a peribolaion?

You see? He is talking about two DIFFERENT coverings. One, katakalupto, is a Greek word meaning to cover up, or to veil ones self with a covering. In fact, the actual word for "veil" in the Koine is kolummna, and is taken from this word. While the second word, peribolaion, means something that is "thrown around" or used like a mantle or veil; notice the the "peri" which means "around". They are not the same covering. So what Paul is saying is that a woman praying without a veil is the same as being SPIRITUALLY bald (think of a ROUND, bald head). But why should she be spiritually bald when even in the natural she is given a covering a ,peribolaion,(meaning hair)to go AROUND her bald head. So he is simply giving a natural example to show how it correlates spiritually. Natural covering=hair, spiritual covering=veil. If none of this helps, the best example is Christian history. For approximately 1,950 years, no Christian ever interpreted these versus to mean that the covering for Christian women is hair. No where in history have Christians ever believed that the covering is hair and not a veil until modernism and feminism crept it's way into the church during the 50's and 60's. And that's truly the best evidence to me. I hope I helped! :) Here some great sites ya'll might enjoy about the covering for us Christian chicks!

http://www.albatrus.org/english/living/modesty/headcoverings_in_scripture.htm

http://www.scrollpublishing.com/store/head-covering-history.html

http://www.biblicalresearchreports.com/headcoveringmyths.php

My favorit Christian covering of all time is the French Hood. Many people don't realize that when they look at the costumes and headresses from Christian women from ages ago, they are covering because they ar observing these scriptures.
tudorFrenchhood2.jpg

Rex-OtherBoleynGirl1H.jpg

Upvote 0
E

Everlasting33

Hmm, I would say that it isn't a matter of legalism, but plain simple obedience to a clear ordinence. The actually act of head covering will save no one. But disobeying God's commands can lead to damnation. So it really doesen't matter what it is.

So, you believe that a woman will go to hell because she does not have her head covered during prayer?

Upvote 0

DarkNLovely

Jul 25, 2007
Where da party at!
✟18,913.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
So, you believe that a woman will go to hell because she does not have her head covered during prayer?

No, not in and of it self. It's not the covering that saves, it's the obedience to the ordinance. For me, the question is, "How much can we disobey without risking our salvation?" I don't think that people will go to hell just because they have premaritial sex, or don't go to church, or don't give to the poor or don't treat their spouses with honor- not these things in and of themselves. BUT to do or not do them is a direct defience of God's laws and it is the disobedience that can seperate us from God. The actions themselves are not salvific but obedience is! The other thing to remember here, is that none of us knows the extent of God's grace so it really isn't right to judge anybody for any of these things.:)

Upvote 0

Hisbygrace

Carried On The Wings Of An Eagle
Sep 22, 2004
California
✟158,418.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Politics
US-Democrat
There are so many good answers here :thumbsup:
I remember as a child and young teen that my Mom never went anywhere
in public that she didn't wear a dress and hat. Even my sister and I wore hats to church, but I also know that it has been many years since I have worn a covering on my head while praying and yet my prayers have been answered. I believe that God wants us to come to Him with an honest and sincere heart when we pray and that as Christians ( followers of Christ) we are covered by His blood.

Upvote 0

IronManMatt

May 15, 2007
✟15,855.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Many people will say that the veil for the woman was just some Corinthian custom that does not apply to us today. But the scripture is very clear.

1 Corinthians 11:
4:Every man praying or prophesying, having his head covered, dishonoureth his head.
5: But every woman that prayeth or prophesieth with her head uncovered dishonoureth her head: for that is even all one as if she were shaven.

It says every man and every woman not every 1st century Corinthian.
Here is some background on the importance of the veil and what it means. In the old testament the temple was divided into different parts. A veil was created to separate the holiest part of the temple from the rest of it. Behind the veil was kept the Ark of the Covenant.

Exodus 26:
31: And thou shalt make a vail of blue, and purple, and scarlet, and fine twined linen of cunning work: with cherubims shall it be made:
32: And thou shalt hang it upon four pillars of [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse]tim wood overlaid with gold: their hooks shall be of gold, upon the four sockets of silver.
33: And thou shalt hang up the vail under the taches, that thou mayest bring in thither within the vail the ark of the testimony: and the vail shall divide unto you between the holy place and the most holy.
34: And thou shalt put the mercy seat upon the ark of the testimony in the most holy place.
35: And thou shalt set the table without the vail, and the candlestick over against the table on the side of the tabernacle toward the south: and thou shalt put the table on the north side.
36: And thou shalt make an hanging for the door of the tent, of blue, and purple, and scarlet, and fine twined linen, wrought with needlework.
37: And thou shalt make for the hanging five pillars of [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse]tim wood, and overlay them with gold, and their hooks shall be of gold: and thou shalt cast five sockets of brass for them.

No one was allowed to go behind the veil except for the high priest once a year to give a special offering. For behind that veil God’s glory was shown for He appeared in the cloud upon the mercy seat.

Leviticus 16:
1: And the LORD spake unto Moses after the death of the two sons of Aaron, when they offered before the LORD, and died;
2: And the LORD said unto Moses, Speak unto Aaron thy brother, that he come not at all times into the holy place within the vail before the mercy seat, which is upon the ark; that he die not: for I will appear in the cloud upon the mercy seat.
3: Thus shall Aaron come into the holy place: with a young bullock for a sin offering, and a ram for a burnt offering.
4: He shall put on the holy linen coat, and he shall have the linen breeches upon his flesh, and shall be girded with a linen girdle, and with the linen mitre shall he be attired: these are holy garments; therefore shall he wash his flesh in water, and so put them on.
5: And he shall take of the congregation of the children of Israel two kids of the goats for a sin offering, and one ram for a burnt offering.
34: And this shall be an everlasting statute unto you, to make an atonement for the children of Israel for all their sins once a year. And he did as the LORD commanded Moses.

The common people were separated from God and had to make offerings and repentance through a priest. When Jesus died on the cross for our sins the veil in the temple was torn. Now the glory of God is no longer veiled and the common people can directly access God because of Jesus.

Luke 23:
44: And it was about the sixth hour, and there was a darkness over all the earth until the ninth hour.
45: And the sun was darkened, and the veil of the temple was rent in the midst.
46: And when Jesus had cried with a loud voice, he said, Father, into thy hands I commend my spirit: and having said thus, he gave up the ghost.

So what does all this have to do with wearing or not wearing a head covering. Well it all fits into the reason that Paul gives us.

1 Corinthians 11
7: For a man indeed ought not to cover his head, forasmuch as he is the image and glory of God: but the woman is the glory of the man.

Since the man represents the glory of God his head is to remain uncovered for the glory of God is no longer veiled as it was in the temple. The woman represents the glory of man which is to be covered during worship. Also by covering her head the woman is covering her own personal glory, her hair.

15: But if a woman have long hair, it is a glory to her: for her hair is given her for a covering.

The woman’s hair represents her glory and is her natural covering which is to be covered during prayer and prophesying.

So when does the woman need to be veiled, whenever praying or prophesying. Praying is the easy one to understand but a harder one to follow. A man who is wearing a hat should always take it off whenever praying and a woman should cover her head whenever praying. But we must not think that God will strike us down or not listen to our prayers if we fail to do this every time. I would rather pray with a hat on then refuse to pray. If a woman needed to pray but did not have anything to cover her head with her I would say that she should go ahead a pray anyway. For we are under the law of grace, and while we show God our love by obeying Him he will forgive us when we are not perfect.

The definition of the word prophesy is as follows

Strong's Number: 4395
Browse Lexicon
Original Word
Word Origin
profhteuvw
from (4396)
Transliterated Word
TDNT Entry
Propheteuo
6:781,952
Phonetic Spelling
Parts of Speech
prof-ate-yoo'-o
Verb

Definition
1. to prophesy, to be a prophet, speak forth by divine inspirations, to predict
a. to prophesy
b. with the idea of foretelling future events pertaining esp. to the kingdom of God
c. to utter forth, declare, a thing which can only be known by divine revelation
d. to break forth under sudden impulse in lofty discourse or praise of the divine counsels
1. under like prompting, to teach, refute, reprove, admonish, comfort others
e. to act as a prophet, discharge the prophetic office
</TD< TR>

Based on the definition of the word prophesying it includes not just telling the future as reviled to someone by God (as the prophets did) but it also includes praising God (as in singing etc.) teaching, refuting, reproving, admonishing, and comforting others in the Lord. So this is where a woman must decide which specific actions require her to be covered aside from praying. It seems to me that during any spiritual gathering (church services, family devotions, teaching the children from the Bible, weddings, funerals, etc.) a woman should be covered. Some women such as the Amish remain covered all the time claiming that they are always engaged in such actives and that they pray without ceasing. That is okay but I don&#8217;t think one can be dogmatic on being covered all the time. If God wanted women covered all the time then why didn&#8217;t Paul write that women are to remain covered at all times. Instead Paul wrote the women should cover when praying or prophesying.

Upvote 0

DarkNLovely

Jul 25, 2007
Where da party at!
✟18,913.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Many people will say that the veil for the woman was just some Corinthian custom that does not apply to us today. But the scripture is very clear.

1 Corinthians 11:
4:Every man praying or prophesying, having his head covered, dishonoureth his head.
5: But every woman that prayeth or prophesieth with her head uncovered dishonoureth her head: for that is even all one as if she were shaven.

Here is some background on the importance of the veil and what it means. In the old testament the temple was divided into different parts. A veil was created to separate the holiest part of the temple from the rest of it. Behind the veil was kept the Ark of the Covenant.

Exodus 26:
31: And thou shalt make a vail of blue, and purple, and scarlet, and fine twined linen of cunning work: with cherubims shall it be made:
32: And thou shalt hang it upon four pillars of [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse]tim wood overlaid with gold: their hooks shall be of gold, upon the four sockets of silver.
33: And thou shalt hang up the vail under the taches, that thou mayest bring in thither within the vail the ark of the testimony: and the vail shall divide unto you between the holy place and the most holy.
34: And thou shalt put the mercy seat upon the ark of the testimony in the most holy place.
35: And thou shalt set the table without the vail, and the candlestick over against the table on the side of the tabernacle toward the south: and thou shalt put the table on the north side.
36: And thou shalt make an hanging for the door of the tent, of blue, and purple, and scarlet, and fine twined linen, wrought with needlework.
37: And thou shalt make for the hanging five pillars of [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse]tim wood, and overlay them with gold, and their hooks shall be of gold: and thou shalt cast five sockets of brass for them.

No one was allowed to go behind the veil except for the high priest once a year to give a special offering. For behind that veil God’s glory was shown for He appeared in the cloud upon the mercy seat.

Leviticus 16:
1: And the LORD spake unto Moses after the death of the two sons of Aaron, when they offered before the LORD, and died;
2: And the LORD said unto Moses, Speak unto Aaron thy brother, that he come not at all times into the holy place within the vail before the mercy seat, which is upon the ark; that he die not: for I will appear in the cloud upon the mercy seat.
3: Thus shall Aaron come into the holy place: with a young bullock for a sin offering, and a ram for a burnt offering.
4: He shall put on the holy linen coat, and he shall have the linen breeches upon his flesh, and shall be girded with a linen girdle, and with the linen mitre shall he be attired: these are holy garments; therefore shall he wash his flesh in water, and so put them on.
5: And he shall take of the congregation of the children of Israel two kids of the goats for a sin offering, and one ram for a burnt offering.
34: And this shall be an everlasting statute unto you, to make an atonement for the children of Israel for all their sins once a year. And he did as the LORD commanded Moses.

The common people were separated from God and had to make offerings and repentance through a priest. When Jesus died on the cross for our sins the veil in the temple was torn. Now the glory of God is no longer veiled and the common people can directly access God because of Jesus.

Luke 23:
44: And it was about the sixth hour, and there was a darkness over all the earth until the ninth hour.
45: And the sun was darkened, and the veil of the temple was rent in the midst.
46: And when Jesus had cried with a loud voice, he said, Father, into thy hands I commend my spirit: and having said thus, he gave up the ghost.

So what does all this have to do with wearing or not wearing a head covering. Well it all fits into the reason that Paul gives us.

1 Corinthians 11
7: For a man indeed ought not to cover his head, forasmuch as he is the image and glory of God: but the woman is the glory of the man.

Since the man represents the glory of God his head is to remain uncovered for the glory of God is no longer veiled as it was in the temple. The woman represents the glory of man which is to be covered during worship. Also by covering her head the woman is covering her own personal glory, her hair.

15: But if a woman have long hair, it is a glory to her: for her hair is given her for a covering.

The woman’s hair represents her glory and is her natural covering which is to be covered during prayer and prophesying.

So when does the woman need to be veiled, whenever praying or prophesying. Praying is the easy one to understand but a harder one to follow. A man who is wearing a hat should always take it off whenever praying and a woman should cover her head whenever praying. But we must not think that God will strike us down or not listen to our prayers if we fail to do this every time. I would rather pray with a hat on then refuse to pray. If a woman needed to pray but did not have anything to cover her head with her I would say that she should go ahead a pray anyway. For we are under the law of grace, and while we show God our love by obeying Him he will forgive us when we are not perfect.

The definition of the word prophesy is as follows

Strong's Number: 4395
Browse Lexicon
Original Word
Word Origin
profhteuvw
from (4396)
Transliterated Word
TDNT Entry
Propheteuo
6:781,952
Phonetic Spelling
Parts of Speech
prof-ate-yoo'-o
Verb

Definition
1. to prophesy, to be a prophet, speak forth by divine inspirations, to predict
a. to prophesy
b. with the idea of foretelling future events pertaining esp. to the kingdom of God
c. to utter forth, declare, a thing which can only be known by divine revelation
d. to break forth under sudden impulse in lofty discourse or praise of the divine counsels
1. under like prompting, to teach, refute, reprove, admonish, comfort others
e. to act as a prophet, discharge the prophetic office
</TD< TR>

Based on the definition of the word prophesying it includes not just telling the future as reviled to someone by God (as the prophets did) but it also includes praising God (as in singing etc.) teaching, refuting, reproving, admonishing, and comforting others in the Lord. So this is where a woman must decide which specific actions require her to be covered aside from praying. It seems to me that during any spiritual gathering (church services, family devotions, teaching the children from the Bible, weddings, funerals, etc.) a woman should be covered. Some women such as the Amish remain covered all the time claiming that they are always engaged in such actives and that they pray without ceasing. That is okay but I don’t think one can be dogmatic on being covered all the time. If God wanted women covered all the time then why didn’t Paul write that women are to remain covered at all times. Instead Paul wrote the women should cover when praying or prophesying.

*jaw drops; droolz*
w8e4YvQN.jpg

Oh my gracious! I have never heard it explained like this! Amazing! God bless you, and thank you! You are so my new favorite person!

Upvote 0

ke1985

May 27, 2008
✟8,472.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
head covering is something that an ancient society believed in. It was customary for women to be veiled, especially in religions like Islam. I find it kinda creepy for women to still want to wear head coverings. Theres no purpose for them and I don't believe it benefits you more than the woman without head coverings.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Beckyy25

Christian
Nov 9, 2008
Visit site
✟15,183.00
Country
Romania
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
head covering is something that an ancient society believed in. It was customary for women to be veiled, especially in religions like Islam. I find it kinda creepy for women to still want to wear head coverings. Theres no purpose for them and I don't believe it benefits you more than the woman without head coverings.

Sure the head covering does not save you. This is rather a matter of respect and obedience towards God. And as the Bible deals with this issue, it is a valid point to consider even nowadays, just as it was said before:

1 Corinthians 11:

Talking about veiled Muslim women: just as a side note, Islam came 600 years later than Christianity, so it was the Christian women who were told to cover their head first.

I was born in Romania, and almost all women there have their heads covered fully for church. Sure, as all over the world, the younger generation tries to get rid of the head covering, it is sometimes really annoying, I know myself, it ruins your hairstyle, I often complain about it. But is the way the hair looks like more important than the obedience and respect for God?

Upvote 0

eldermike

Pray
Supporter
Mar 24, 2002
NC
Visit site
✟20,209.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The head leads the body. God is not into confusion, He's not ging to tell the wife one thing, the husband something else....How many heads in the church? answer: One, it's Jesus, how many heads in the home, answer: one, It's the husband......
Covering the head is a teaching method to a basic fact of creation. Go back read it, find the heads, find the creation, you will see the reason for the teaching. It's not important to cover the head, it is important to understand how God created the family, and the church to fit together with one supporting the other.

The OP scripture supports traditional marriage in ways that are bing lost to our culture.

Upvote 0

DarkNLovely

Jul 25, 2007
Where da party at!
✟18,913.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Sure the head covering does not save you. This is rather a matter of respect and obedience towards God. And as the Bible deals with this issue, it is a valid point to consider even nowadays, just as it was said before:

Talking about veiled Muslim women: just as a side note, Islam came 600 years later than Christianity, so it was the Christian women who were told to cover their head first.

I was born in Romania, and almost all women there have their heads covered fully for church. Sure, as all over the world, the younger generation tries to get rid of the head covering, it is sometimes really annoying, I know myself, it ruins your hairstyle, I often complain about it. But is the way the hair looks like more important than the obedience and respect for God?

Yeah, it always makes me smirk when I hear Muslims say that we dont "cover right" or have what they usually call "half hijab" because I just smirk at the fact that they only cover for religious reasons because Mohammed highjacked many practices of our faith. The head covering for Arab women was a secular garment, not a religious one before Islam. Tertullian in his fab work "On the Veiling of Virgins" even refers to the Arab women who wore the veil and this was way before Mo-Mo, so they can't truly say it's Islamic. *shrugs*

One of the things I do to make sure I am not confused for a Muslim is to show my hair, whether that's side locks hanging down or just the front bangs. I also let my ears and neck show as these are huge Muslim no-no's. We, I am happy to so, are just not bogged down by that legalism. We have LOTS of freedom with our veils, which can even be hats! It always helps to know their rules so you won't be mistaken, though it will probably happen anyway. :doh:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UpUPGGi8REY

Upvote 0

LovebirdsFlying

My husband drew this cartoon of me.
Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
Supporter
Aug 13, 2007
Washington (the state)
✟832,883.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I believe we should, in some way, according to personal conscience. Myself, I have long hair and believe that since the passage says, "her hair is given to her as a covering," that fulfills the requirement. For others, a scarf, bonnet, or veil may be necessary. While some women may even feel that if they have hair *at all,* it is sufficient to be a covering.

Upvote 0

Beckyy25

Christian
Nov 9, 2008
Visit site
✟15,183.00
Country
Romania
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
The head leads the body. God is not into confusion, He's not ging to tell the wife one thing, the husband something else....How many heads in the church? answer: One, it's Jesus, how many heads in the home, answer: one, It's the husband......
Covering the head is a teaching method to a basic fact of creation. Go back read it, find the heads, find the creation, you will see the reason for the teaching. It's not important to cover the head, it is important to understand how God created the family, and the church to fit together with one supporting the other.
Correct. Jesus is the head of the church and the man the head of his wife.

Sure God does not tell the husband one thing and the wife something else. I mean, yes, the husband is the head of his wife, which means that he has authority over her, but still the wife has her own physical head. We should not mix up between the physical head and the spiritual head (e.g. authority). Paul talks about 2 different things, first about the spiritual head (e.g. Jesus has authority over the church, the husband over his wife) and then he does address the man's and woman's physical head.

The OP scripture supports traditional marriage in ways that are bing lost to our culture.
That is true, but does that mean that this passage is not valid anymore, just because most people don’t live according to it? Does it mean the Scripture is not valid anymore, just because most people nowadays do not live according to it?

Personally I believe the whole Scripture has to be taken into consideration, based on this verse:

2 Timothy 3:16 (NIV)
"All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness,"

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Beckyy25

Christian
Nov 9, 2008
Visit site
✟15,183.00
Country
Romania
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
One of the things I do to make sure I am not confused for a Muslim is to show my hair, whether that's side locks hanging down or just the front bangs. I also let my ears and neck show as these are huge Muslim no-no's. We, I am happy to so, are just not bogged down by that legalism. We have LOTS of freedom with our veils, which can even be hats! It always helps to know their rules so you won't be mistaken, though it will probably happen anyway. :doh:

Well, I didn't want to mention before, but many women in Romania cover their head almost like Muslim women. I think if foreigners would not know they are Christians, they would say they are Muslims. For example my granny, she used to cover her head and all the hair, all the time, not only for church. If I'll find some photos in the net I will post here some. :)

Reactions: DarkNLovely
Upvote 0

eldermike

Pray
Supporter
Mar 24, 2002
NC
Visit site
✟20,209.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Correct. Jesus is the head of the church and the man the head of his wife.

Sure God does not tell the husband one thing and the wife something else. I mean, yes, the husband is the head of his wife, which means that he has authority over her, but still the wife has her own physical head. We should not mix up between the physical head and the spiritual head (e.g. authority). Paul talks about 2 different things, first about the spiritual head (e.g. Jesus has authority over the church, the husband over his wife) and then he does address the man's and woman's physical head.

That is true, but does that mean that this passage is not valid anymore, just because most people don’t live according to it? Does it mean the Scripture is not valid anymore, just because most people nowadays do not live according to it?

Personally I believe the whole Scripture has to be taken into consideration, based on this verse:

I agree but what's important here is: covering the head is the tool, the Godly home is the goal.

Upvote 0

Beckyy25

Christian
Nov 9, 2008
Visit site
✟15,183.00
Country
Romania
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I agree but what's important here is: covering the head is the tool, the Godly home is the goal.

That is true, I agree. :) Covering your head does not save you, after all, what's in your heart matters.

After all there are things which have to be done, just as Jesus said to John when he was trying to hinder Him from being baptised:

Matthew 3:15 (NIV)
"Jesus replied, "Let it be so now; it is proper for us to do this to fulfill all righteousness." Then John consented."

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.