1. Saying Goodbye to a Great Staffer: Edial
    Please help me wish Edial a wonderful blessed journey as he steps down from CF staff.
    His footprint on our ministry will always remain but his presence will be greatly missed. I'm sure he will come around as a member to all his favorite forums but for now please join me at his profile page to wish him many thanks for the years of service he has brought to us all.
    All of us on CF staff will miss him dearly!!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Welcome to Christian Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
  • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
  • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting after you have posted 20 posts and have received 5 likes.
  • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Should Secession be an option?

Discussion in 'American Politics' started by Creech, Dec 9, 2012.

1. USincognito

USincognito Stop QWERTYface! Supporter

Faith:
    Atheist
    Are you asking how many said the Eastern Bloc would crumble starting in 1989 and the Soviet Union would eventually dissolve in 1991/1992? If so, I have no idea. If you want, you can read what the CIA itself has to say about those predictions from the 70s and onward.
    https://www.cia.gov/library/center-...ons/csi-studies/studies/97unclass/soviet.html

One small exerpt:
    From the mid-1970s to the eve of Gorbachev's assumption of party leadership in the spring of 1985, the CIA portrayed a Soviet Union plagued by a deteriorating economy and intensifying societal problems. CIA products described the growing political tensions resulting from these failures, the prospect that sooner or later a Soviet leadership would be forced to confront these issues, and the uncertainty over what form this confrontation would take.​

2. MachZer0

MachZer0 Caught Between Barack and a Hard Place

Marital Status:
    Married
    Politics:
    US-Others
    Faith:
    Christian
    I was making a factual observation :wave:

3. usexpat97

usexpat97 kewlness

Marital Status:
    Single
    Faith:
    Presbyterian
    If honest people are running the show, any model will work.

4. Gxg (G²)

Gxg (G²) Pilgrim/Monastic on the Road to God (Psalm 84:1-7) CF Ambassador

Marital Status:
    Private
    Politics:
    US-Others
    Faith:
    Oriental-Orthodox
    I agree...