Should people be allowed to worship a god of hate?

Winken

Heimat
Site Supporter
Sep 24, 2010
✟168,847.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Satan is called the god of this world. And is the author of deception and murder... Satan is the original malevolent one and is full of hatred and evil.

Then why should anyone be asked if hate worship or worship of a god of hate be permitted? If certain persons want to worship contagious and infectious diseases should that be permitted? If worship undermines Christian moral values should it be tolerated? Are Christians asked to just "grin and bear it?" "Look the other way?" Keep our objections to ourselves? Retreat into Christian worship on Sunday, then hide out Monday through Saturday?

Sadly, that is what is happening in the USA today, and will be worsening in the not-too-distant future. (No, not "sadly." Tragically is more descriptive. Devastatingly also fits).

Upvote 0

Uber Genius

"Super Genius"
Aug 13, 2016
Kentucky
✟56,826.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Hate speech is not permitted, but any worship is. Should hate worship or worship of a god of hate be permitted?

Of course. Who is it that grounds our "unalienable rights?" God.

God has given us freedom (not held by some Christians) and responsibility. We are to train our minds and those of our children to understand the external world properly, and engage it in a manner reflective of Jesus' own engagement.

We are not to use our freedom to eliminate the free will of those who hold different views.

We are to win people over by our actions, arguments, and respect that they are also created in God's image even if they deny that fact and mock and berate us while doing it.

Speech codes are a product of atheist presuppositions. On this view governments are created so the intellectual elite can control the mob. Not to serve the people.

Donna Shalala has produced a speech code of Orwellian dimensions at the University of Wisconsin back in the late 1980s. It was ultimately deemed unconstitutional, but was an attempt to outlaw any speech people deemed offensive.

Now imagine what would happen if Obama could throw any reporter he wanted into jail because he was offended by what they wrote.

To be fair, the speech codes weren't that draconian.

But practice of religion... should be free.

Discussions about which religious views best describe the world we live in...should be free.

God has given us freedom.

We are the first culture in 6000 years to have the freedoms we have. We are only ~250 years in the making. It is too early to give up on freedom, especially religious freedom.

We do need to boldly and intelligently defend our Christian worldview in the public square. At work, with friends (who are interested), family, on campus, in classrooms, etc. We cannot forget the way Jesus and the apostles engaged people where they were at intellectually and proved their points with evidence and argument (not asking people to just "choose" to believe, as some ignorantly report). We should engage those preaching hate in such a dynamic way as to make it clear to all that they are "10 times a son of hell as..." just kidding!

Maybe we shouldn't follow everything Jesus did given our limits in knowing the heart of the person sitting across from us.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,579.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Most modern 'Satanists' don't even believe in Satan, but are just atheist trolls who use the word to try to shock Christians.

I don't know about Kali, but if it's anything like that cult in Indiana Jones that ripped people's hearts out, obviously that would be against the law.

Where are you basing that information from?

Upvote 0

Hallstone

Jul 20, 2016
Pacific Northwest
✟14,446.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well religious freedom means you can worship what and how you want, but it doesn't give you the right to break other laws in doing so.

For example, if someone's faith in Moloch required them to sacrifice babies, that obviously wouldn't fly. Same if someone claimed that their religion demanded they go out and beat up Christians or Jews, or any other group of people.
It is tragic how evil laws can be created to protect people that murder babies which is essentially the same as Moloch worship.

Upvote 0

Hallstone

Jul 20, 2016
Pacific Northwest
✟14,446.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hate speech is not permitted, but any worship is. Should hate worship or worship of a god of hate be permitted?
Thank goodness our God Jesus Christ is a God that hates the evil that has destroyed so many of us.
What God says is sin should be hated by all.
Psalms 97:10 Hate evil, you who love the LORD,
Who preserves the souls of His godly ones;
He delivers them from the hand of the wicked.

Upvote 0

aiki

Feb 16, 2007
Winnipeg
✟236,538.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married

Proverbs 6:16-19
16 These six things the Lord hates, Yes, seven are an abomination to Him:
17 A proud look, A lying tongue, Hands that shed innocent blood,
18 A heart that devises wicked plans, Feet that are swift in running to evil,
19 A false witness who speaks lies, And one who sows discord among brethren.

Zechariah 8:17
17 Let none of you think evil in your heart against your neighbor; And do not love a false oath. For all these are things that I hate,' Says the Lord."

Hebrews 1:8-9
8 But to the Son He says: "Your throne, O God, is forever and ever; A scepter of righteousness is the scepter of Your Kingdom.
9 You have loved righteousness and hated lawlessness; Therefore God, Your God, has anointed You With the oil of gladness more than Your companions."

Not all hate is bad, or morally wrong. We ought to hate the evil God hates.

Selah.

Upvote 0

GoldenKingGaze

Prevent Slavery, support the persecuted.
Mar 12, 2007
Visit site
✟251,730.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
What do you mean their concept is a new myth?
The new concept of Satan developed by Anton LaVey in the sixties I think it was, was fanciful and sheer myth. Satan was reportrayed as someone one can sympathize with who makes Hell, a party, and rebelled when unfairly treated, who offers dynamics for a get ahead lifestyle in this life. All myths from the 20th century. Not accurate demonology.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

myownmynativeland

Jan 10, 2016
USA
✟8,565.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
As I see it you have no Right Natural or Constitutional to use the State to censor my speech much less my relationship with God with the silly 'hate' moniker. Attempts to do so are a far from 'micro' aggression.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

GoldenKingGaze

Mar 12, 2007
Visit site
✟251,730.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
As I see it you have no Right Natural or Constitutional to use the State to censor my speech much less my relationship with God with the silly 'hate' moniker. Attempts to do so are a far from 'micro' aggression.
I don't understand why you see me as a threat to your worship or speech. And what do you mean by micro aggression?

Upvote 0

Strathos

No one important
Dec 11, 2012
God's Earth
✟263,276.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Where are you basing that information from?

Do some investigation on prominent modern 'Satanist' groups, like the Satanic Temple. They're mostly based on the writings of people like Anton Lavey who don't worship a literal Satan. Some of them claim to believe in magic, but a lot of them don't.

Upvote 0

myownmynativeland

Jan 10, 2016
USA
✟8,565.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don't understand why you see me as a threat to your worship or speech. And what do you mean by micro aggression?
If you feel that you have a right to interfere with the worship of others because of what YOU perceive as 'hate' you are a threat.

Upvote 0

GoldenKingGaze

Mar 12, 2007
Visit site
✟251,730.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
If you feel that you have a right to interfere with the worship of others because of what YOU perceive as 'hate' you are a threat.
What do you think is my concept of hate? I was thinking of the US constitution and hate speech as within.
I am only a voter in Australia.

Upvote 0

myownmynativeland

Jan 10, 2016
USA
✟8,565.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What do you think is my concept of hate? I was thinking of the US constitution and hate speech as within.
I am only a voter in Australia.
You clearly have no understanding of the USA Constitution and its bedrock defense of Freedom of Speech and Religion. We simply do not permit exclusion of public expression of beliefs/opinions just because some deem those expressions to be 'hate'. If you watch some international news video today you will see film from America of rioting black and brown people angry that 'the haters' in White America have elected a 'hateful' man Donald Trump as our next President. They are assaulting people and destroying property to show their opposition to 'hate' or so they say.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

GoldenKingGaze

Mar 12, 2007
Visit site
✟251,730.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
Yes I don't know much about the US constitution, but that it addresses the abuse of freedom in blocking some hate speech, like calling for race riots... I don't even really know this is so. And I make my thread and it's OP a question, which can be addressed by US posters.

My thoughts are that if people worship the root of evil, they will do it.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Then why should anyone be asked if hate worship or worship of a god of hate be permitted? If certain persons want to worship contagious and infectious diseases should that be permitted?
Yes. It is done much more frequently than worshiping YHWH or Y'SHUA MESSIAH SAVIOR KING HEALER.

and Yes, it is permitted. (serving/worshiping disease)
pharmakeia has deceived the whole world - it is a disease serving culture today.

Upvote 0

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,579.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Do some investigation on prominent modern 'Satanist' groups, like the Satanic Temple. They're mostly based on the writings of people like Anton Lavey who don't worship a literal Satan. Some of them claim to believe in magic, but a lot of them don't.

That's not true. The lady in this video who was once involved in that proves otherwise.

Upvote 0

Rajni

☯ Ego ad Eum pertinent ☯
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2007
Visit site
✟1,241,508.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Single
Really only Satan and Kali. Kali the exception from the trend in Indian gods.
If I understand it right, even Kali is, in Hinduism, one of the "good guys (gals)".
It's her aggressive side, in battling evil, that makes her seem "evil" herself, not unlike how God is seen in the Old Testament as being "evil", by some, when certain behaviors like genocide and global flooding are attributed to Him.

I will admit that she's a bit scary-looking, though, and it's easy to equate "scary" with "bad".

-

Upvote 0