Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
the next year will be the first year that I can vote for president. I hear lots of people talking about Donald trump and he seems like he is a strong guy on the issues. is he a good Christian and should I vote for him? will he fix the global economy?

In the primary, yes. Please, please, please vote for Trump.

Upvote 0

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟803,537.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
the next year will be the first year that I can vote for president. I hear lots of people talking about Donald trump and he seems like he is a strong guy on the issues.
He is talking about things which concern most Americans ... something most candidates have been dissuaded from talking about.
... is he a good Christian ...
Hard to define good Christian ... though when compared with Obama the answer seems to be yes.
... and should I vote for him?
It's way early.
... will he fix the global economy?
The global economy may be unfixable.

His declared intention is to fix the US economy.

Reactions: Avid
Upvote 0

dlamberth

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Oct 12, 2003
Oregon
✟731,565.00
Faith
Other Religion
Politics
US-Others
At a suggestion from a friend I went to the white supremacist web site Stormfront.org. My friend was telling me how much they love Trump and that I needed to see it with my own eyes. So I went and checked it out. I came away with the distinct feeling that my friend understated the support Trump has from that group. They are going crazy for him. One person even sees Trump as "the opening act for the Fourth Reich". Unless you want to be in bed with white supremacist, NO, don't vote for Trump!!

Please note, in no way am I making the claim that Trump is a white supremacist. I don't believe that he is. But there is something that group sees in Trump that they like, a lot!! And I think that's troubling enough to not vote for Trump.

Upvote 0

Dialogist

Jul 22, 2015
✟8,545.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
My friend was telling me how much they love Trump and that I needed to see it with my own eyes. So I went and checked it out. I came away with the distinct feeling that my friend understated the support Trump has from that group

Hitler was a strong guy on issues and turned the German economy around. He didn't like slavic women, though. Also, unlike Trump, he was a decorated war veteran.

Upvote 0

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,205,762.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I hear lots of people talking about Donald trump

Media Hype for the most part

and he seems like he is a strong guy on the issues.

He's giving the same lip service they all give, he just says it louder

is he a good Christian and should I vote for him?

I don't think his religious affiliation should matter since the office of President is a secular job

will he fix the global economy?

No

I'm not sure what your political affiliation is, but if you're a conservative, there are better choices in the field than Trump. Jeb Bush, Rand Paul, and Ben Carson would all be better choices than Trump.

Reactions: Poor Beggar
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,205,762.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
At a suggestion from a friend I went to the white supremacist web site Stormfront.org. My friend was telling me how much they love Trump and that I needed to see it with my own eyes. So I went and checked it out. I came away with the distinct feeling that my friend understated the support Trump has from that group. They are going crazy for him. One person even sees Trump as "the opening act for the Fourth Reich". Unless you want to be in bed with white supremacist, NO, don't vote for Trump!!

Please note, in no way am I making the claim that Trump is a white supremacist. I don't believe that he is. But there is something that group sees in Trump that they like, a lot!! And I think that's troubling enough to not vote for Trump.

While I don't like Trump, I'm going to have to say that the reasoning you're providing for not wanting to vote for him is pretty weak.

There are plenty of legitimate reasons to pick someone better than Trump...

Ideological overlap isn't a good reason to support, or not support a person or policy.

Keep in mind, many of the white power crowd over at stormfront also strongly support imposing high taxes on the wealthy in order to benefit the 'working class' and strongly support the concept of state-run healthcare...an ideal they share with the Democrats. Yet, I don't see anyone on the left bailing on Bernie Sanders on the grounds that he happens to share a few economic ideals with skinheads.

Upvote 0

dlamberth

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Oct 12, 2003
Oregon
✟731,565.00
Faith
Other Religion
Politics
US-Others
Ideological overlap isn't a good reason to support, or not support a person or policy.
I think there's something deeper going on than ideology for their excited support of Trump. They see something in Trump that they want more of as a leader. My question: What is it about Trump that supremacist find so attractive? And why would I want to be a part of that?

Upvote 0

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,205,762.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I think there's something deeper going on than ideology for their excited support of Trump. They see something in Trump that they want more of as a leader. My question: What is it about Trump that supremacist find so attractive? And why would I want to be a part of that?

So, if a leader had all of the best political ideas in the world, a feasible action plan, was a confident speaker, and showed strong leadership, would you decline to vote from them if you found out that the KKK was also excited about that person?

(not saying all of those positive attributes are true for trump...just simply making an example)

Upvote 0

dlamberth

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Oct 12, 2003
Oregon
✟731,565.00
Faith
Other Religion
Politics
US-Others
So, if a leader had all of the best political ideas in the world, a feasible action plan, was a confident speaker, and showed strong leadership, would you decline to vote from them if you found out that the KKK was also excited about that person?
I'd do just what I'm doing and ask what is it that they see in that person? When I look at this case, Trump and what the supremacist see in him and how excited they are, I say no way, I want nothing to do with him!!

Upvote 0

Jan Volkes

Jun 24, 2015
UK
✟2,674.00
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Labour
the next year will be the first year that I can vote for president.
Way too early to be thinking about voting.
I hear lots of people talking about Donald trump and he seems like he is a strong guy on the issues.
Read what people from both sides have to say about him and make up your own mind.
is he a good Christian
What difference does that make? he's running for President not the Pope.
and should I vote for him?
Why are you asking others what you should do can't you make up your own mind?
will he fix the global economy?
The global economy is not the President's to fix, the global economy is the responsibility of every country in the world.
BTW, you know you must be 18 years old to vote don't you.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

whatbogsends

Senior Veteran
Aug 29, 2003
Visit site
✟281,429.00
Faith
Atheist
what is the primary?

Primaries are the pre-election elections in which the eventual nominee's from each party are chosen.

I'd suggest trying to do a little research on both the election process and the candidates themselves to help determine who you should vote for. Asking an open forum if you should vote for a candidate doesn't seem like the best way to reach a thought-out conclusion.

In response to what you've heard about Trump:

"he's a strong guy on the issues". The only issue he appears "strong" on is immigration. That isn't to say i agree with his position, only that he has a strong stance which resonates with many on the right.

"is he a good Christian?". Doubtful. He refused to give his favorite Bible verse, says he's never asked God for forgiveness, I believe that he's a social Christian in that he identifies with Christians, but doesn't seem to study or espouse Christian theology.

"will he fix the global economy?" No he won't. Neither will any of the other candidates for that matter. He is lauded by many on the right as a "great businessman", but the reality is, he inherited a tremendous amount of money, was given a position in a successful enterprise by his father, and has done adequately as a businessman. He has declared business bankruptcies 4 times, which negatively impact his investors ( the kind of thing which weakens the economy). It's hard to say how he'd impact the global economy, although he's hinted at violating several international trade agreements that the US is currently in. If you believe it should be "USA vs the world", then he might be your guy. If you believe that democratic civilization should be working together, than he's probably not your guy.

Reactions: Soyeong
Upvote 0

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,205,762.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I'd do just what I'm doing and ask what is it that they see in that person? When I look at this case, Trump and what the supremacist see in him and how excited they are, I say no way, I want nothing to do with him!!

Wouldn't it make more sense to research to see what those reasons are?

Upvote 0

morningstar2651

Senior Veteran
Dec 6, 2004
Arizona
✟66,649.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
the next year will be the first year that I can vote for president. I hear lots of people talking about Donald trump and he seems like he is a strong guy on the issues. is he a good Christian and should I vote for him? will he fix the global economy?
First off, the President can't "fix the global economy" - that's not his job and it's not something that any one man can accomplish in 4-8 years. Also, it's not broken.

Secondly, you shouldn't let a candidate's religion be the determining factor of who you vote for - it's not a religious office. Vote for a good leader, not for a good Christian.

Please take some time to educate yourself on the powers and functions of the President, Vice President, and Congress before deciding who would be the best candidate. Don't treat the election like a popularity contest. It's better to have an unpopular genius than a popular idiot for a leader. It's not his job to be popular or liked.

Upvote 0

stamperben

It's an old family tradition
Oct 16, 2011
✟53,694.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Private
While I don't like Trump, I'm going to have to say that the reasoning you're providing for not wanting to vote for him is pretty weak.

There are plenty of legitimate reasons to pick someone better than Trump...

Keep in mind, many of the white power crowd over at stormfront also strongly support imposing high taxes on the wealthy in order to benefit the 'working class' and strongly support the concept of state-run healthcare...an ideal they share with the Democrats. Yet, I don't see anyone on the left bailing on Bernie Sanders on the grounds that he happens to share a few economic ideals with skinheads.
Do you have a link to stormfront's endorsement of Sanders?

Upvote 0