Jan 3, 2008
South Woodham Ferrers, Essex.
✟9,834.00
Faith
Jehovahs Witness
Marital Status
Single
Mormons belive the following.

* That all people can become Gods, and Godhood is what all should strive for.

* Jesus had 3 wives, one of them named Martha! Wich is a real American name.

* Black people are black cause they are cursed by God.

* The Indians are ancestors of Israelites migrating to America during King Solomon.

* There are Gods in other planets having their own people.

* Mormons belive in polygami, but the church today has abolished it. But its clearly in their doctrine and Joseph Smith himself said it was central to the religion.

* Joseph Smith was known for his tall tailes.
Just an addition or two. Isn't it so that Jesus allegedly went to North America after his death/ascension and preached to them? Also the garden of Eden is in Michigan? And Joseph Smith recieved a communique from an Angel called Moroni? The last one leads me to suspect that while Joseph Smith was sincere, he was tricked by Satan or an angel of his.

It reminds me of two men who lived in a long time ago who were alchemists. One of them was in communication with a spirit who, asked for them that if it showed them the secrets of alchemy, to do for it something in return. Let's just say that progressively things got weird. From where did this spirit come from? It doesn't take much to figure out does it.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Just an addition or two. Isn't it so that Jesus allegedly went to North America after his death/ascension and preached to them?

Yes.

Also the garden of Eden is in Michigan?

I believe you are thinking of Missouri, not Michigan.

And Joseph Smith recieved a communique from an Angel called Moroni?

Yes.

The last one leads me to suspect that while Joseph Smith was sincere,

There are a lot of biographers of Smith who would caution you against that assumption. It is more likely that he was an accomplished con man.

Upvote 0

Gareth

Jan 3, 2008
South Woodham Ferrers, Essex.
✟9,834.00
Faith
Jehovahs Witness
Marital Status
Single
Yes.

I believe you are thinking of Missouri, not Michigan.

Yes.

There are a lot of biographers of Smith who would caution you against that assumption. It is more likely that he was an accomplished con man.
Thanks for the correction. I knew it began with an "M." But then so does James Bond's boss.

Upvote 0

HappyChicken

Domestic Egg Executive
Nov 11, 2007
Indiana
✟8,861.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Humanly feelings can decieve. Our puny little hearts and minds are not capable of having feelings in the same magnitude of God. We are not capable of loving as great as He. For us to be capable, is to dwindle the sovereignty of God. Which would be a shame. I don't care what LDS claims differently. I do have a testimony with that church, unfortunately.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.