Should I download or not? My dilemma

diddykong

Jul 4, 2007
✟7,623.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I've been in this ... dilemma for almost a year now. I recently came across a foreign band, and they just produce amazing music. However, because it is foreign, american stores don't sell it (I've checked a lot of places) and people on ebay and amazon sell it for like 200% over it's original price (no joking here, a 30$ cd I wanted was on amazon for about 100$ bucks). I download music using iTunes, so yea I do pay for the music I download.

Anyways, the truth is, if I were to see the cd I wanted on the shelves of a music store, I would buy it instantly. I even went up to LA (2.5 -3 hour drive from my house) to check if the foreign markets would sell them, only to my disappointment they didn't have the album that I wanted. iTunes doesn't even sell their music also. There are other ways I can get the album however....

Pretty much, I'm only buying the album for 2 songs. I can find these 2 songs by downloading them off non-legit sites. What I mean by non-legit is that it's not a company owned site. So if I were to download these songs for free, I would pretty much be stealing. I'm so tempted to download them though! When I mean tempted, I mean like it's chewing me up from the inside out. Like I said, if I was to see the album, I would buy it instantly.

So what would you do if you were in my situation? Should I go ahead and download the music, then pay for them later when I somehow find the cd in a store (I realize that this would still be considered.. stealing.. but downloading now and paying for it later would ease my conscience). Sorry for the long read! But thanks for the advice

peanutbutter12

Senior Veteran
Oct 14, 2002
✟21,537.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Check the international itunes stores. Different countries sell different songs. A lot of the Queen songs I got were only available on the UK version of itunes.

I'm guessing these CDs are out of print seeing as they cost so much? There are retailers who specifically sell international CDs online, keep googling. What band/album you looking for?

Upvote 0