Should I continue to explore Christianity?

Curiousaboutchrist26

Curiousaboutchrist26
Jun 4, 2015
London, UK
✟14,394.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Labour
I have asked this before in another thread but differently, now I have had time to think about it I would like to ask for some advice. I was wondering how I should approach someone I love about attending church? The deal is in my state of desperation if I can't worship in the way I feel comfortable in and in a way that i feel fulfilled then it is not worth going to church. To me It is like going to school and not learning anything. If I'm not allowed to go to the church of my choice (I go to church already and I am in no way intending to become an atheist) what should I do? I could read the bible at home but I get no guidance and Its hard to understand on my own.

I go to church to learn the word of god I want to learn more and get to know god but at the current church I go to I don't understand anything and when I read the bible and then go to my current church the pastor or the person who is preaching seems to be contradicting what I have read and the general Christian mentality. The denomination that I am in now spends a lot of time condemning other denominations and not of a lot of time teaching the bible. And if push comes to shove and I have to continue lying about where I'm going what should I say?

Please help I'm Desperate,
God Bless

P.S. Bare in mind I'm 19 if I get kicked out I'll be left destitute i just have till the end of this month to finish school and get a job.

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟649,971.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I have asked this before in another thread but differently, now I have had time to think about it I would like to ask for some advice. I was wondering how I should approach someone I love about attending church? The deal is in my state of desperation if I can't worship in the way I feel comfortable in and in a way that i feel fulfilled then it is not worth going to church. To me It is like going to school and not learning anything. If I'm not allowed to go to the church of my choice (I go to church already and I am in no way intending to become an atheist) what should I do? I could read the bible at home but I get no guidance and Its hard to understand on my own.

I go to church to learn the word of god I want to learn more and get to know god but at the current church I go to I don't understand anything and when I read the bible and then go to my current church the pastor or the person who is preaching seems to be contradicting what I have read and the general Christian mentality. The denomination that I am in now spends a lot of time condemning other denominations and not of a lot of time teaching the bible. And if push comes to shove and I have to continue lying about where I'm going what should I say?

Please help I'm Desperate,
God Bless

P.S. Bare in mind I'm 19 if I get kicked out I'll be left destitute i just have till the end of this month to finish school and get a job.

Maybe just consider yourself to be non-denominational and simply learn by reading the bible and listening to sermons on the radio and internet. There are a couple good pastors I could recommend that teach directly from the bible without letting denominations get in the way. Chuck Swindall and Greg Laurie are the 2 I listen to.

Another idea is to attend a bible study with a small group. They are interactive, so you could ask questions. Of course, you can ask all the questions you like right here on this site!

Upvote 0

Curiousaboutchrist26

Curiousaboutchrist26
Jun 4, 2015
London, UK
✟14,394.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Labour
Of course you should continue to explore Christianity. I am not sure where you stand at the moment; it seems to me that you are a Christian, am I right? Is it just church that you are struggling with?

I am a Christian as in I was brought up that way in church. But now I've grown up and decided to research the faith myself I still hold my faith dear to me but my beliefs just don't align with what I've been told growing up. My mum is very conservative and stubborn about the particular denomination being the true church. I've been feeling like it's more of a cult recently.

Another idea is to attend a bible study with a small group. They are interactive, so you could ask questions. Of course, you can ask all the questions you like right here on this site!

Can you find some bible study groups on the Internet?

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟649,971.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Can you find some bible study groups on the Internet?

Well, I was actually referring to sermons on the internet. Bible study groups are something you would go to in person. That way, you would be with people facre-to-face and can have discussions.

Upvote 0

Curiousaboutchrist26

Curiousaboutchrist26
Jun 4, 2015
London, UK
✟14,394.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Labour
Well, I was actually referring to sermons on the internet. Bible study groups are something you would go to in person. That way, you would be with people facre-to-face and can have discussions.

Thank you. I meant find bible study groups in my area on line and meet up.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟649,971.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Thank you. I meant find bible study groups in my area on line and meet up.

Oh, I understand now. It depends on whether or not those bible studies are advertising online. I haven't tried it yet, but here's a site that advertises. http://biblestudy.meetup.com/ Many of them are large groups, but I'd advocate something smaller, such as a group of 10 or so people. Many churches have these.

Upvote 0

annafullofgrace

His blood sets me free.
Dec 28, 2014
USA
✟44,039.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Definitely keep exploring. Check local churches that you are comfortable with in your area and see if any have bible studies. Have you looked at different denominations to see where you are comfortable. I'd suggest looking for one that focuses on gospel, but doesn't forget the law. I grew up under a different denom that was very commending, we rarely spoke of Jesus. I understand what you are saying. There is peace and power in Jesus, keep seeking Him.

Upvote 0