Should Christians go to the Beach?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThePhilosophictheologian

Oct 26, 2006
✟7,669.00
Faith
Christian
I do not think that the beach is a bad environment for Christian men or even men. My reason for thinking this is that we were intended, by God, to be naked from the begining, and like animals we do not live life to have sex non-stop for as long as we exist, as humans we have consious thought, which in my opinion, should be used to discover, and advance the human race. The thought of mateing should, be controled until you are ready to have children with the mate you think is most suited to your idea of perfection. The thought of lust can be produced from a boared mind, where as looking for someone to have your child(ren) in my opinion requires more thought than that of sex for fun. Sloth - fill your mind with beautifull thought - religious, philosophical, scientific etc. Sex - should, in my opinion, take place as long as it fulfills its intended purpose, the union of two to create a perfect creature, with contributions from the both of them - a human Child.
My conclusion is that for the majority of men, especially for those with religious morals, seeing some flesh will not cause you to sin.

Upvote 0

lilymarie

The love of heaven makes one heavenly -Shakespeare
Jun 15, 2006
In the here and now
✟12,370.00
Faith
Non-Denom
I suspect that it's as much a problem for both genders.

Having said that, I'm pretty sure that if people saw me in my swimming trunks, their first thought would be "pass the bucket!" So I tend to stay wrapped up...

:D

David.

I think in many, many ways it IS a bigger issue for men than for women.

I don't know one single women who buys a whole magazine dedicated to the viewing of men in skimpy swimsuits. I would never do that. I would have no desire, too. Women are wired differently, though that doesn't mean we don't "lust" or could not lust; I do believe it's rarer in our day to day life than for men.

However, there's a lot of men who buy that Sport's Illustrated magazine of women in bikinis, or barely bikinis. 1" of fabric it should be called. What's that magazine called The Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue?

:D

So no, not any women I know of buy a magazine just to look at men in speedos. :D

So, that should be a clue that women are a little different.

Upvote 0

intricatic

...a dinosaur... or something...
Aug 5, 2005
Ohio
✟58,189.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Yes, the beach is the ultimate of human depravity and evil, it's inherent fron how hot the sand gets under the sun, to how salty the water generally is and how many jellyfish are in it. I say we form pickets around the beach and shout insults at the sand!

Upvote 0

eastcoast_bsc

Veteran
Mar 29, 2005
Boston
✟394,442.00
Faith
Christian
Yes, the beach is the ultimate of human depravity and evil, it's inherent fron how hot the sand gets under the sun, to how salty the water generally is and how many jellyfish are in it. I say we form pickets around the beach and shout insults at the sand!

I kinda thought as a good ol Southin boy, you mights feel that way ;) Just kidding, relax Southern Cousins! Also what is wrong at looking at Hottie Guys and girls. It is natural ya know!

Upvote 0

David Brider

Aug 18, 2004
With the Lord
✟81,010.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Greens
Mate, im from South African originally. Trust me. Whatever it is you call that place the land meets the ocean in England...Its not a beach.

Ah, right.

In fairness, I'm told the beaches in Cornwall can be pretty good. Great for surfing, apparently.

Mind you...Cornwall's not technically in England, so you might have a point...:D :D

David.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

David Brider

Aug 18, 2004
With the Lord
✟81,010.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Greens
Varies. I am very unlikely to have lust triggered visually. Besides it's an opportunity to *read* :D

True. Actually, last time I went to a beach everyone was pretty much wrapped up. My girlfriend and I just wandered around holding hands and we wrote each other's names in the sand. Bliss.

David.

Upvote 0
You've obviously never been to Southport. Favourite games there include "spot the ocean" (you have to have pretty good eyesight.)
I find it so funny when people from England think they have a real beach.

In CapeTown, we have beaches. In Durban, we have beaches. Tropical water. Temperatures that arnt sub-zero and actual fine sand (not jagged rocks and stones.).

No. You do not have a beach. You will never have a beach.

Upvote 0

Proeliator

broken is a good state
Jul 21, 2005
New York City
✟8,942.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
I can't believe what great people are here. I guess maybe I should get some lessons from the people that are posting in this thread that say they are immune to lust. That must be such a great thing. Or maybe I just need to learn how to deny things when they hit too close to home.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

David Brider

Aug 18, 2004
With the Lord
✟81,010.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Greens
:eek: What happened to Cornwall? Where did it go? :scratch: :help:

Could be wrong, but IIRC the Duchy of Cornwall is technically distinct from England. Still part of Britain, of course, but not part of England. Prepared to be proved wrong about that.

<scurries off to check Wikipedia>

Ah, right:

Cornwall is one of the six historic "Celtic nations" and some people question the present constitutional status of Cornwall, choosing to refer to it as a Duchy which is separate from England.

More info here.

So I'm sort of right and wrong at the same time. Which is better than normal for me. :D

David.

Upvote 0

intricatic

...a dinosaur... or something...
Aug 5, 2005
Ohio
✟58,189.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I kinda thought as a good ol Southin boy, you mights feel that way ;) Just kidding, relax Southern Cousins! Also what is wrong at looking at Hottie Guys and girls. It is natural ya know!
I'm technically a Northerner, bein' from Ohio an' all. ;) :D

The beach itself is evil, I never said anything about looking at attractive people. :scratch:

Upvote 0

Blank123

Legend
Dec 6, 2003
✟56,875.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

yes! thank you! its about time someone spoke up about teh evilness that is the beach...:o

Upvote 0

Proeliator

broken is a good state
Jul 21, 2005
New York City
✟8,942.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
You know, it's not actually a sin to find a member of the opposite sex attractive. How else are we going to propagate the species?

Seems to me there's an awful lot of people trying to make other Christians as scared of living as they are.

But to lust after them is. And when you have people walking around with less fabric on them that makes most hats, it definitely could turn into a problem.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.