Should Christians go to the Beach?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went to spain recently and NONE of the woman wear tops. Its not taboo there at all, its actually normal.

I told my GF if she doesnt want me staring, she has to take her top of as well :D

Why are christians so obsesed that Sex and the Body are so sinful. God made you naked. and the naked body is a beautiful thing (sometimes). I see no problem with girls walking around with thier tops off on the beach.

Upvote 0

David Brider

Aug 18, 2004
With the Lord
✟81,010.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Greens
Especially for Christian men, is the beach really a good enviornment to be in?

Isn't it best to avoid the temptation???

What are your thoughts on this?:confused:

( I didn't get much of a response in the women's discussion).

I think that if someone has a problem with lustful thoughts, then it's possible that a beach could be a place to avoid. For others, though, it's obviously not a problem.

I love that you said "especially for Christian men" though. Surely, on most beaches (nudist beaches excepted) men are more uncovered than women, so it ought to be women with a lust problem who are more careful than men with such a problem?

David.

Upvote 0
C

ChrisWin1

For some men temptation can be a problem. But not everyone.

I can admire a beautiful woman in a bikini, or 100 beautiful women in bikinis, and it doesn't affect me in any negative way.

Admiring without lustful thoughts is indeed possible.

I'm not gonna quit surfin or seek out men-only or secluded beaches.

That would just be ridiculous.

It all depends on the person.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Joykins

free Crazy Liz!
Jul 14, 2005
Down in Mary's Land
✟29,390.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Oh, yes, the beach is tempting.

The sand tempts me to dig and build sand castles.

The water tempts me to swim...longer than I should, probably.

And the salt air somehow tempts me to eat tons and tons of delicious seafood.

I am sure there are probably members of the opposite sex in skimpy clothing out there as well, but since the people I *really* have my eye on are small children who are tempted to wander off and try to drown themselves, I haven't got the spare glances to try to lust :D

Reactions: davedjy
Upvote 0

lilymarie

The love of heaven makes one heavenly -Shakespeare
Jun 15, 2006
In the here and now
✟12,370.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Personally, I have never had any lustful thoughts at the beaches I've been too. Not a single one. But, I do see this as more of a problem for men, than for women. When I look at the guys working out at "muscle beach" which is part of Venice Beach (my fav) and doing their weights and bench presses, I just think "they look fit". :D

Too busy enjoying the day with family and friends, enjoying the food, shopping. A lot of beaches in California include shopping.

:clap:

However, if it's a problem for you, then pray and have others pray for you!

God bless.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

David Brider

Aug 18, 2004
With the Lord
✟81,010.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Greens
Personally, I have never had any lustful thoughts at the beaches I've been too. Not a single one. But, I do see this as more of a problem for men, than for women.

I suspect that it's as much a problem for both genders.

Having said that, I'm pretty sure that if people saw me in my swimming trunks, their first thought would be "pass the bucket!" So I tend to stay wrapped up...

:D

David.

Upvote 0

127Rockledge

I believe this is where to apply "if the right hand should cause you to sin, it is better to cut it off."

There is nothing sinful about a beach, meaning, the sand, the water, the waves, etc.

There is nothing sinful in regards to a human body.

However, if you are using the enviroment (the beach) to facilitate your own sin (lust of a persons body), and know that you are not strong enough to combat such sin, it is much better to stay away from such an enviroment.

Upvote 0

servant4ever

Servant of Jesus Christ
Jan 9, 2004
Saint Paul
✟17,534.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
well, is it okay to go to the mall? There's women that dress very skimpy there... and you can lust there. How about church? You can lust at church! wow! Stay home and don't look at any pictures of women and why are we even on CF because there are pictures of women on here! AWWWW! Sounds like we have to sit in an empty room with no pictures or anything.

Reactions: Historicus
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.