Should Christians Address Racial Problems, Even In The Body of Christ?

hockeysistah12

Jun 19, 2004
Bellflower,Ca
Visit site
✟8,233.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
With all this talk about racial issues in the news this week, I think the leaders of the Christian community need to talk about racial issues in the community and inside the church.

The church has problems, In my opinion of racial issues and some (not everyone) still have racist thoughts about blacks and other minorities. These people stereotype single parents especially when they say, "Children of single parents causes crime", or "single parents are not good parents", which that's not true. Secondly, there are judgements from those in the body about musical styles, preaching styles and vice versa.

And then some of the suburban churches do not reach out to those in the inner city, but they are afraid to go to those places which need the love of Christ.

What would you suggest that the church body do when addressing racial issues? Should we stay silent about it, or should be address it and make the statement that prejustice and racism is wrong, especially in the church?

Billnew

Legend
Apr 23, 2004
Ohio
Visit site
✟35,363.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I would not limit racial problems to only whites. All Christians(humans) have prejudices. It is all gods childrens jobs to point out Jesus made us all,
red yellow, black, white, we are equal in his sight.
White supremisist would hate knowing that Jesus of Nazarath, was probably a dark skinned man. Being from the middle east, he wouldn't have been likely a pale skinned man, as they came from Europe.
The color of people skin is related to the amount of sun their ancestors were exposed to.
God loves no race better, and no race less.

I would hope Christians of all races, would police their race, and be first to
point out the racist veiws as unchristian. Because us against them mentality won't change the minds of the bigots. White Christians can't change Black racists, Black Christians would prove hard to change White racists. That is why we have to police ourselves. The descriminated against can't argue on the same level.

When discussing racism, I never pick one side over the other. All races, have racist people. And we need to show them the error of their ways or set them aside.

Upvote 0