England
✟807,383.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I've done early shifts 6am to 2pm or 4.30am to 12.30pm and thought it was good finishing early! But 6 days a week starting early means you are tired and 'you can't burn the candle at both ends' if you have other responsibilities or another job. It's important to get enough sleep. I've also done late shifts 2.00pm to 10pm and because I was also involved with other responsibilities,I was frustrated in the evening having to work. Extra discipline is needed to live a balanced life. What do you think?

Upvote 0

twin1954

Baptist by the Bible
Jun 12, 2011
✟86,544.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
I've done early shifts 6am to 2pm or 4.30am to 12.30pm and thought it was good finishing early! But 6 days a week starting early means you are tired and 'you can't burn the candle at both ends' if you have other responsibilities or another job. It's important to get enough sleep. I've also done late shifts 2.00pm to 10pm and because I was also involved with other responsibilities,I was frustrated in the evening having to work. Extra discipline is needed to live a balanced life. What do you think?
When I was young I built a house working a midnight to 8:00 AM shift. I worked day shift for many years and lately mostly 3:30 PM to midnight and a little bit of 7:00 PM to 7:00 AM. I wouldn't recommend a second shift for a family man for you miss all the family things. I loved second shift after my children grew up though. I had all day to study and do what I needed to do before I went to work. Far too many stay up until the wee hours of the morning though and then sleep all day until its time to go to work. That is just working and sleeping and it is no life at all. I now prefer the later shifts because they give me time to enjoy the day.

Reactions: quietbloke
Upvote 0

quietbloke

Brother in Christ
Site Supporter
Jun 30, 2006
England
✟807,383.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
When I was young I built a house working a midnight to 8:00 AM shift. I worked day shift for many years and lately mostly 3:30 PM to midnight and a little bit of 7:00 PM to 7:00 AM. I wouldn't recommend a second shift for a family man for you miss all the family things. I loved second shift after my children grew up though. I had all day to study and do what I needed to do before I went to work. Far too many stay up until the wee hours of the morning though and then sleep all day until its time to go to work. That is just working and sleeping and it is no life at all. I now prefer the later shifts because they give me time to enjoy the day.
Good point,'twin'. When did you have your meal break on lateshift. I had mine at 5.40pm

Upvote 0