Northeast, USA
✟188,924.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Oh! Well, i assumed football was like a guys sport. But then again in america you have cheerleaders.

We dont really have cheerleaders in nz cos we have rugby and the guys do their own dancing. The haka.
Seriously though, the females I referred to are God-fearing women that are offended at the imodest role placed upon cheerleaders. They appreciated the movie for its typical Sherwood Picture-esque Gospel qualities (and lots of good humor in this one, too)

Upvote 0

royal priest

debtor to grace
Nov 1, 2015
Northeast, USA
✟188,924.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Ok, now that I know these films are coming from a church.....I'm offended. As the Rock, Dwayne Johnson, would say on WWE. "Shut your face and know your role". Don't worry. I'll stay out.
You're right, the church has no legitimate role in the film industry. It's no longer Sherwood Baptist Church, but Sherwood Pictures. Still supported to some degree by the church, but a separate entity now.

Upvote 0

royal priest

debtor to grace
Nov 1, 2015
Northeast, USA
✟188,924.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
what are you talking about, it's become a film ministry...

I really don't get the cheerleader thing in America. Pom poms...? miniskirts?
In other countries the men watch the sport, the women stay home and bake....
The church has no legitimate calling to carry out her ministry through the entertainment industry.
I would think the disgusting reason for having cheerleaders dress and dance like strippers would be pretty obvious.:p
don't watch football at my house, but the NFL has succeeded in interesting every member of the family in some aspect of the game. For instance, many women watch it because the NFL now dramatizes the sport at the level of the players.

Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Uh. Not sure what your issue is.
Jesus says we are to spread the gospel.
I dont think he put any limit on the ways and means.

Have you read 'dancing with the devil' and about the ministry of eves angels? This lady who wrote it, she has a testimony and reaches out to dancers. Her family were in involved in the football 'industry' i suppose its called. Her dad was a coach. She fell into the nightclub industry as a way to earn money, she was seduced by it and molested by a football player.
jesus saved her from it and now shes reaching out to the lost caught up in it all.

Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Another lady reaches out to those involved in the inappropriate content industry as she was a former inappropriate content star before she got saved by Jesus.

She goes around to all those inappropriate contento conventions with the gospel. Millions are trapped in the seedy industry. Also, I dont know but even on here Ive heard that some professed christians even admit to viewing inappropriate content and they cant stop, like they addicted! I was shocked, it seems to be a HUGE thing in america. And they try to legitimise their sin by saying its normal. It isnt.

They dont seem to realise all the women who are hurt by it and enslaved by the whole thing.

Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Americans seem game to watch anything and everything judging by the tv shows and movies put out by them. It really is a huge problem, the way tv in america is a drain on ppls time. They put out so much rubbish.

Then it makes its way all over the world into ppls living rooms. Especially a show like american idol..influencing many to join the corrupt entertainment industry and sign away their lives.

As christians we just stand in our faith and keep telling our stories and living our testimonies. If we can reach out to a couch potato sinner watching tv, why not?

Reactions: royal priest
Upvote 0