Mid West of the good USA
✟14,048.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
A thread to discuss the various Sherwood Pictures like courageous, fireproof, Flywheel, Facing the Giants.

Sherwood Pictures was started as a ministry of the Sherwood Baptist Church. yea baptists for reaching out to people through the movies!

Each movie the Kendrick brothers did with Sherwood Baptist help dealt with a specific topic. I have enjoyed each one. Perhaps WAR ROOM is the movie that has the most effect on me personally. I have been challenged to be more in prayer than ever before. Not that I did not pray, I was encouraged to write my prayer's down. So far by writing then down I notice better the ones that have been answered.

I encourage you to try writing down your prayers down. You might find that it builds the desire to pray more, it has me.

Upvote 0

Armoured

So is America great again yet?
Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
A thread to discuss the various Sherwood Pictures like courageous, fireproof, Flywheel, Facing the Giants.

Sherwood Pictures was started as a ministry of the Sherwood Baptist Church. yea baptists for reaching out to people through the movies!
I like the Sherwood pictures with Robin Hood.

Upvote 0

farout

Standing firm for Christ
Nov 23, 2015
Mid West of the good USA
✟14,048.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I loved War Room.
I think the pictures keep getting better and better. You wouldn't really know they were produced on such a tight budget..I mean I read it was all donations and the actors volunteers.

I think now they are using more than donations. I believe as they have become more professional, it has required more on ticket sales and the spin off materials the Kendrick brothers have developed. In the beginning with Fly Wheel it was just as you say, but as they reached more people they had to make greater strides in make professional movies, so their scope of audiences was wider than just Christians. I am so thankful for Christians that do things so very well.

Christians produce Music so well, what else do you think Christians could to do better outreach for the unbeliever in Christ Jesus?

Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I think the purpose of their movies are always faith based stories and certainly that is why they make them, to minister to people facing situations that are common to christians. And thus they are true to life, like they show people praying, going to church, reading the bible, following Gods instructions, in most movies random things just happen and theres no mention of God at all, like Hes censored or something so as not to offend the unbeleivers.
But I think as the Bible says we are not ashamed of the gospel so I thank the Lord they are putting His name out there to movie goers.

Other people make things like Narnia so I dont think they would do what other ppl are doing.

Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I think...christian media could be improved like more christian journalists reporting good news instead of secular journalists focusing on the bad. There are now dedicated christian tv channels ppl can access which show how faith strengthens people. How God still works miracles in peoples lives.

have to think on that one a bit more and get back to you.

Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I bought a copy of DVD War Room for my friend's birthday and her daughter phoned me to say thank you as she's the one who wanted it, so may go watch it with them again.

Also, bonus the DVD has got lots of extras so be interesting to see those, it said it's got 3 hours worth.

The only one I haven't seen is 'Facing the Giants'.

Upvote 0

royal priest

debtor to grace
Nov 1, 2015
Northeast, USA
✟188,924.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
I think the purpose of their movies are always faith based stories and certainly that is why they make them, to minister to people facing situations that are common to christians. And thus they are true to life, like they show people praying, going to church, reading the bible, following Gods instructions, in most movies random things just happen and theres no mention of God at all, like Hes censored or something so as not to offend the unbeleivers.
But I think as the Bible says we are not ashamed of the gospel so I thank the Lord they are putting His name out there to movie goers.

Other people make things like Narnia so I dont think they would do what other ppl are doing.
What interests me with respect to speculative fiction is that it causes us to consider an unfamiliar side of things. Of course, there are dangers to beware of when trying to illustrate the truth through such fiction, but putting Christ-centered characters in a fantasy or sci-fi role would be interesting to say the least. Maybe a little bizarre, but interesting.:)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

twin1954

Baptist by the Bible
Jun 12, 2011
✟86,544.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
What interests me with respect to speculative fiction is that it causes us to consider an unfamiliar side of things. Of course, there are dangers to beware of when trying to illustrate the truth through such fiction, but putting Christ-centered characters in a fantasy or sci-fi role would be interesting to say the least. Maybe a little bizarre, but interesting.:)
One of the things that they could show is the unshakable peace that faith in the true Christ gives in the midst of any trouble. The two things that give me the most assurance and peace is that my God is absolutely sovereign and that He is absolutely good to me.

Upvote 0

royal priest

debtor to grace
Nov 1, 2015
Northeast, USA
✟188,924.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
One of the things that they could show is the unshakable peace that faith in the true Christ gives in the midst of any trouble. The two things that give me the most assurance and peace is that my God is absolutely sovereign and that He is absolutely good to me.
Yeah, like every analogy, I suppose it has to break down at some point. Showing God as sovereign over a fantasy realm might be tricky to pull off without committing some form of blasphemy.

Upvote 0

twin1954

Baptist by the Bible
Jun 12, 2011
✟86,544.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Yeah, like every analogy, I suppose it has to break down at some point. Showing God as sovereign over a fantasy realm might be tricky to pull off without committing some form of blasphemy.
Yeah, if you want comfort in trouble go hear a God called preacher expound the Word. Listen to a man called of God and he will always point you to Christ.

Reactions: royal priest
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Courageous and flywheel were both about men taking responsibility and asking God to help change their lives. Havent seen facing the giants, but thats obviously a guys film as well.

I think...it would be intersesting to see more 'chick flick' christian movies about the trials and tribulations women face, that war room was a start. So maybe some sisters can start producing movies as well!

Upvote 0

royal priest

debtor to grace
Nov 1, 2015
Northeast, USA
✟188,924.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Courageous and flywheel were both about men taking responsibility and asking God to help change their lives. Havent seen facing the giants, but thats obviously a guys film as well.

I think...it would be intersesting to see more 'chick flick' christian movies about the trials and tribulations women face, that war room was a start. So maybe some sisters can start producing movies as well!
Facing the Giants a guys film, what makes you say that? Actually, you are right in so far as it focuses on a high School football team..ahem. But the females in my family will tell you they enjoyed it as much as I did!

Upvote 0

royal priest

debtor to grace
Nov 1, 2015
Northeast, USA
✟188,924.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Oh! Well, i assumed football was like a guys sport. But then again in america you have cheerleaders.

We dont really have cheerleaders in nz cos we have rugby and the guys do their own dancing. The haka.
Wow, you're in Hobbit country? Awesome!:p

Upvote 0