DSX

Sep 7, 2016
Beijing
✟7,612.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi. I would like some feedback about a marriage issue. In particular if two wives (a mother and daughter) sleep in a bed together is this adultery? In particular, if the daughter says to her husband that he should sleep with her father while she sleeps with her mother, is this sin? What remedy is there?

snoochface

Meet the new boss -- same as the old boss.
Jan 3, 2005
San Marcos, CA
✟175,547.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Adultery is having sexual relations outside of a marriage. So I can't see how sleeping in the same bed with her mother would constitute adultery.

It seems like there are a lot of other details that need to be filled in before anyone can say if something is sinful. It appears to be a problem for the husband in question, though, and if open communication with his wife isn't possible, or isn't working, professional counseling would probably be the best option.

Upvote 0

NothingIsImpossible

May 22, 2015
✟274,922.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Why would it be a sin for two unmarried people who are family to sleep in the same bed? If it were like best friends that would be one thing. But its family. Unless the family has some weird issues going on.

I mean it is a bit strange that an adult who is married would sleep with their parent still. Though if its just a nap then I guess its no big deal. When we were at a party my wife slept in the same room as other wives. One time at a party we slept in the same room as a couple. We didn't share a bed but nothing sinful about it.

Upvote 0

snoochface

Meet the new boss -- same as the old boss.
Jan 3, 2005
San Marcos, CA
✟175,547.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I can't see what's sinful about a mother and daughter sleeping in the same bed. Is there something weird going on between them?

Is it a "problem" generally? That all depends on the details that are being left out. Is this a permanent, long-term sleeping arrangement? What are the reasons for this sleeping arrangement? Is there still time and opportunity for the husband and wife to be together sexually? There is so much being left out that it's impossible to say why or if it would be a problem.

On its face, it sounds innocent. If you are the husband and you have a problem with it, then by definition it's a problem situation and should be investigated further for a peaceful resolution.

Upvote 0

dayhiker

Mature veteran
Sep 13, 2006
MA
✟220,077.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Thru most of history in cold countries people often have slept in the same bed to stay warm in the winter. Its only as we have started to heat our homes and the homes have got big enough so each person can have their own bedroom that people haven't shared a bed.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,475,192.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi. I would like some feedback about a marriage issue. In particular if two wives (a mother and daughter) sleep in a bed together is this adultery? In particular, if the daughter says to her husband that he should sleep with her father while she sleeps with her mother, is this sin? What remedy is there?

No.

Maybe there are other marital problems, but adultery is not one of them.

Upvote 0

LinkH

Jun 19, 2006
✟43,833.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Well, that depends on how you define 'sleep with'... and how you define 'is' while you are at it.

A man should definitely not take both a woman and her mother as his wives.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ImaginaryDay

We Live Here
Mar 24, 2012
Fawlty Towers
✟30,199.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Separated
Politics
CA-Conservatives
lol - I'm assuming she just means sleep in the same bed. That would be a pretty twisted person if she was saying he ought to sleep with her father
Yeah, let's not "put them out of the assembly" just yet :D

To my mind, it's a different situation, and (if it's a hotel situation or something, just guessing) I may ask for a roll-away bed to sleep on. But that's just me. Others may see this differently, and some do, judging by the responses.

Upvote 0