Share How The Body of Christ Has Encouraged and Loved on You!

Status
Not open for further replies.

peacechild4

My ♥ is hidden in GOD~ want to find me ~ find GOD
Mar 4, 2005
Victoria Australia
Visit site
✟38,392.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
I want to open a thread where we share stories to lift up each other..
Please share with me how brothers or sisters, churches, missions, ministries etc of Christ have helped you in your walk with God etc..

Reactions: mont974x4

peacechild4

Mar 4, 2005
Victoria Australia
Visit site
✟38,392.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
I will be first with one.. I have so many stories!!

A few weeks ago.. a person annoymously gave our family a money gift which was placed in our pigeon hole at church.. It just came out of the blue.. and it so thrilled me.. I told everyone.. It was just not the money but that someone there was kind enough to do that without drawing attention to themselves.. That God has encouraged them to do that.. because I see every good gift as coming from God.. that encouraged me.. and also because I had been going through some difficult times and it helped strengthen me that GOD and others around me DID care!!

Upvote 0

BillynJennifer

Veteran
Sep 16, 2005
KY
✟9,613.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
On August 20 of this year, I had an extremely bad accident. As it looked at the outset, they didn't think that I would make it. I was unconscious for a few days, but while I lay there physically unknowing that anyone was there, my church family took turns staying with when my family couldn't. They read to me, they sang to me, they prayed, and though I had no physical faith at the time, that corporate faith brought me from the hospital bed to walk out in just few days with only crooked nose (from a broken nose) and a concussion. Your brothers and sisters in Christ are sometimes closer than your own flesh and blood.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mont974x4

The Christian Anarchist
Site Supporter
Aug 1, 2006
Montana, USA
Visit site
✟46,615.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I'm the senior adult ministries pastor in our church and my seniors are constantly dropping me notes and cards letting me know they are praying for me and my family and appreciate our service. It is very edifying and encouraging to get a hug and a "thank you" for doing something simple that really isn't something simple to them like calling to see how they are for no reason at all.

Upvote 0

peacechild4

Mar 4, 2005
Victoria Australia
Visit site
✟38,392.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
On August 20 of this year, I had an extremely bad accident. As it looked at the outset, they didn't think that I would make it. I was unconscious for a few days, but while I lay there physically unknowing that anyone was there, my church family took turns staying with when my family couldn't. They read to me, they sang to me, they prayed, and though I had no physical faith at the time, that corporate faith brought me from the hospital bed to walk out in just few days with only crooked nose (from a broken nose) and a concussion. Your brothers and sisters in Christ are sometimes closer than your own flesh and blood.

Aww yes I have to agree.. how beautiful... and that love helped you to heal.. Thank you for sharing..

Upvote 0

peacechild4

Mar 4, 2005
Victoria Australia
Visit site
✟38,392.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
I'm the senior adult ministries pastor in our church and my seniors are constantly dropping me notes and cards letting me know they are praying for me and my family and appreciate our service. It is very edifying and encouraging to get a hug and a "thank you" for doing something simple that really isn't something simple to them like calling to see how they are for no reason at all.

Thank you for sharing.. It is precious to be cared for.. I am so glad for you.. and also that it encourages us to see the body caring for each other!!

Upvote 0

the.Sheepdog

You must be born again!
Oct 26, 2008
Sanford, FL
✟31,981.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I came out of a war 30 some odd years ago wounded in my 18 yr old body and my spirit and soul. I felt bad to have lived when a friend died. I felt it should have been me who died not him. I was not even allowed to go back to help my friends. I got back to california on my way home and young people spit on me and called me terrible awful things and threw filth at me. I wanted to die.

I had a terrible decade of the 70's then 80's filled with pain and self abuse but then in 1985 I got fired from the best job I ever had. I was close to killing myself and a TV preacher came on the tv and told me to stop. So I stopped and he told me that Jesus loved me right where I was and I had nothing to be ashamed about and nothing to fear. I broke down and got saved that day.

Since then times havent always been perfect, but Im still here and on fire for the Lord! Praise God!

Reactions: pinetree
Upvote 0

peacechild4

Mar 4, 2005
Victoria Australia
Visit site
✟38,392.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
Wow.. how wonderful.. brings tears to the eyes.. thank you so much for sharing that.. I have heard stories like this before.. but you are the first person I have actually met to share such with me.. I am so sorry for all the pain and suffering you went through.. and especially that you were so disrespected when you returned home.. I can understand you wanting to die.. but I am so glad you didn't!!!

Wow I just love hearing this.. I hope very much one day we get to see moments like this on the big screen in heaven.. I hope that doesn't sound horrid or disrespectful to say that.. but what you experienced on that day was a miracle... and all the more wonderful because of what you went through!!

I asked God once if I could have a wall of the books of people's lives.. their testimonies.. when I get to heaven.. because they truly amaze me.. The way God loves on us and is there for us and how it all unfolds.. every story is so precious..

Praise GOD!!

Upvote 0

peacechild4

Mar 4, 2005
Victoria Australia
Visit site
✟38,392.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
There are many beautiful things the family of GOD have done for me..

One thing that comes to memory well is my Pastor and his wife who stood with us on the day we had to turn off the life support for our baby son who was incurable.. All the veins between his heart/lungs were abnormal and he could not have lived very long without a machine.. There was nothing they could do.. I did not know about healing then.. :( I did pray but allowed God to either do a miracle or just let him go to God.. Tyler is in heaven now.. we will see him again..

This couple were so brave.. and I did not see them cry even though I know our Pastor's wife shed many many tears for us.. and our baby son.. They supported us in many ways through that whole time our son was ill and dying.. they visited.. took us shopping.. drove us home.. took the funeral.. met up with us while we had meetings with the hospital staff.. etc...

They were JESUS to us.. comforting.. loving.. supporting and just did whatever they could.. taking care of our children.. etc..

To think they would be with us on a difficult day.. is the sweetest and most beautiful gift..

Upvote 0

SharonL

Senior Veteran
Oct 15, 2005
Texas
Visit site
✟23,316.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
When my mother was dying I was in the hospital with her - she had turned ashen white with tubes down her nose and unconscious - as I looked at her my heart broke - I just said to God 'I don't want to remember her like this' - immediately there were little splotches of pink showing up on her face and little by little, color came back into her face, she opened her eyes, gave me a big smile and was taken to Heaven - I don't know if she was smiling at me or smiling as the angels escourted her into Heaven.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

pinetree

Mar 17, 2008
USA
✟13,825.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I came out of a war 30 some odd years ago wounded in my 18 yr old body and my spirit and soul. I felt bad to have lived when a friend died. I felt it should have been me who died not him. I was not even allowed to go back to help my friends. I got back to california on my way home and young people spit on me and called me terrible awful things and threw filth at me. I wanted to die.

I had a terrible decade of the 70's then 80's filled with pain and self abuse but then in 1985 I got fired from the best job I ever had. I was close to killing myself and a TV preacher came on the tv and told me to stop. So I stopped and he told me that Jesus loved me right where I was and I had nothing to be ashamed about and nothing to fear. I broke down and got saved that day.

Since then times havent always been perfect, but Im still here and on fire for the Lord! Praise God!
Thanks bro,yes,you are quite a testimony.

The sufferings produced a rock solid base in you.:thumbsup:

2 Cor 4:16
Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. 17For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. 18So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.

Upvote 0

peacechild4

Mar 4, 2005
Victoria Australia
Visit site
✟38,392.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
When my mother was dying I was in the hospital with her - she had turned ashen white with tubes down her nose and unconscious - as I looked at her my heart broke - I just said to God 'I don't want to remember her like this' - immediately there were little splotches of pink showing up on her face and little by little, color came back into her face, she opened her eyes, gave me a big smile and was taken to Heaven - I don't know if she was smiling at me or smiling as the angels escourted her into Heaven.

This is beautiful Sharon I really do know how God can give the most beautiful and sweet peace even when death is close and there is much reason to be overwhelmed.. I am so glad you knew God well enough to ask such!! I am sure she was smiling at both!! :)

I felt Gods sweetest peace when our family gave up our baby son to God and he died in my husbands arms.. All through that time.. and the days surrounding we were held in peace.. even extending to the younger children.. Our oldest son told me about a year ago.. he is now 17.. he was six at the time.. that he felt great peace at the time even though as a little boy he didn't really understand!!

PRAISE THE LORD who surely walks with us through the valley of the shadow of death.. HIS name be praised.. LORD I pray that someone who needs YOUR comfort reads these and comes to experience this too.. OH LORD death surely loses its sting in YOUR presence..

Upvote 0

SharonL

Senior Veteran
Oct 15, 2005
Texas
Visit site
✟23,316.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This is beautiful Sharon I really do know how God can give the most beautiful and sweet peace even when death is close and there is much reason to be overwhelmed.. I am so glad you knew God well enough to ask such!! I am sure she was smiling at both!! :)

I felt Gods sweetest peace when our family gave up our baby son to God and he died in my husbands arms.. All through that time.. and the days surrounding we were held in peace.. even extending to the younger children.. Our oldest son told me about a year ago.. he is now 17.. he was six at the time.. that he felt great peace at the time even though as a little boy he didn't really understand!!

PRAISE THE LORD who surely walks with us through the valley of the shadow of death.. HIS name be praised.. LORD I pray that someone who needs YOUR comfort reads these and comes to experience this too.. OH LORD death surely loses its sting in YOUR presence..

Yes it is wonderful when God can bring peace at a time like that - with your precious baby being taken up to Heaven. I have a baby in Heaven I will get to see also - Those are very comforting thoughts and promises.

Upvote 0

peacechild4

Mar 4, 2005
Victoria Australia
Visit site
✟38,392.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
I got an email yesterday from my dear friend Pauline who goes to my church.. My husband recently had surgery.. and Pauline went one step further to find out how he was doing!!

Her love.. which I see as Christ's love reaching out to me.. such a simple thing to do to ask.. but the concern and love are overwhelming as I realise she cares..

Don't ever forget to see God loving you through the kindness of a friend.. especially a Christian friend!!!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.