Share an experience with the Lord

pshun2404

Jan 26, 2012
✟78,299.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Another evidence is the high improbability of the number of circumstances and events that occur and have occurred in the lives of many people of faith. When such events happen once or twice or even a dozen or so times in a person’s life it is easy to say ”Well that’s just coincidence” but when they happen they happen over and over, so many times, and often with high improbability one cannot say that anymore.

For one example from the many in my own scientifically oriented formerly agnostic life, about 2 years after I came to Christ I was walking through Star Market once on my way to shop for my family, as I passed by the customer service booth there was a woman there who was quietly crying. I continued for a moment praying for her and an inner voice said to me (quite clearly), “give that woman $50 she needs it”…needless to say I ignored the voice as a thought abs said within myself, if this is you Lord tell me again, and went on….in less than a minute it said it again, “Go back and give that woman $50….”

This time I turned and caught her just as she was getting near the door to leave. I excused myself and said “I know you will think me mad but I believe the Lord just spoke to me and told me to give you $50 and I do not care if you do believe me but you take it and do with it as you will.” Then she really broke down crying and thanking God and hugged me. She told me her son is a missionary in Africa and every year on his birthday she sends him $50 but this year she only had $45 and had to decide whether to get some food or send it to him….she needed some food and had sadly decided to split it and send him only $25…but now because I heeded the small still voice she would be able to buy the food she needed AND send him his $50

Another example is from my Baptism….for years I had suffered from Uric Acidosis…I was on Zyloprim and told by my doctor that I would need it all my life as I was producing Kidney stones too regularly. Naturally I believed him…he knows right? I had thoroughly explored the problem and the medication and it made perfect sense…this would be a condition I would most likely always have and on Zyloprim I would no longer be passing Kidney stones (excruciatingly painful)….seemed like a no brainer.

So anyway as I was being plunged into the water a quiet calm voice deep inside said to me “when you come up out of the water and dress throw away your medication you do not need it any longer I have healed you”….I was hesitant at first but said to the Lord that I would trust Him…I threw it away and now almost 30 years later I do not have Uric Acidosis and have never passed another Kidney stone (thank you Lord, blessed is your name)….I have developed other problems some He has helped with and others it seems He has not (but I trust Him and embrace these)….

I have dozens of such occurrences in my own walk with God and my wife Salome has as many and some we have shared. Things like this are testified to over and over by so many people through time that it is way beyond probability. If this one or two were the only thing that happened I would say it may be coincidence, or that the woman may have just went along to get the free money, but my wife and I over the years have had so many of these kinds of things happen it cannot be explained away by sheer odds and probability.

Now I do know there are many people to whom these things have not happened and I cannot explain why, but the fact is that they do to many and is worthy to note.

Reactions: cloudyday2