When I awake I am still with You
Mar 4, 2004
Somewhere
✟35,470.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don't know the answer, but would suggest that while investigating this, you might bear in mind that the word "eunuch" in the Bible doesn't always mean a castrated male.

I seem to remember that it's because rising to trusted positions in the royal court may have been easier for actual eunuchs since they were seen as no threat. Eventually certain officials were given the title of eunuch even though they were undamaged.

I hope someone else knows more.

Blessings, Susana

Upvote 0

tesnusxenos

Apr 17, 2004
Tesnus, Texas
Visit site
✟15,396.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
I have found this:
2 Kings 20
17 The time will surely come when everything in your palace, and all that your fathers have stored up until this day, will be carried off to Babylon. Nothing will be left, says the LORD . 18 And some of your descendants, your own flesh and blood, that will be born to you, will be taken away, and they will become eunuchs in the palace of the king of Babylon."(NIV)
but I still need to connect Hezekiah with Daniel by blood.

Upvote 0

KleinerApfel

When I awake I am still with You
Mar 4, 2004
Somewhere
✟35,470.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
tesnusxenos said:
I still need to connect Hezekiah with Daniel by blood.

Hezekiah was king of Judah, and Daniel is introduced in the first chapter as being among the royals and nobles of Judah. So they were related in some way.

Blessings, Susana

Upvote 0

ischus

ΙΣΧΥΣ ΚΑΙ ΤΙΜΗ
Mar 13, 2004
Visit site
✟3,170.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The reference is to Dan.1:3. The word could be translated "eunuchs," but here it is in reference to the royal officials of Nebuchadnezzar before Dan, Shad, Mesh, and Abed entered the Kings service. Even if you could argue that "eunich" was in reference to Dan, Shad, Mesh, and Abed, verse 4 pretty much cancels out the possibility of castration, since it says that they had no physical "defects."

Incidentally, v3 could also indicate that these men were all of royal descent.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.