Sexting/rude behavrior via texts...need advice...thanks!

Timahani

Jan 6, 2012
United States-Arizona
✟43,111.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
* Mature subject Matter for Adults only!:)

Okay so just to make short. I am getting older, and I have alot of really handsome guys who are quit popular who like me. But one thing I dont understand is why they are so disrespectful towards me, overly sexual, or just yuk!!! I dont know if I am being overly sensitive or what!! Thats why coI wrote this post..

Scenario #1 Facebook Conversation

Me: Hi how are you? We miss you at church? Havent seen you for years? when are you going to come to our city and visit us at the church?

My childhood friend:Im doing great! How does that body look after the pregnancy (mind you I am not nor have I ever been pregnant!!!). I know this is wrong but I have always wanted to see you naked ;)! All of it!!!

Me: 1 corinthians 3:16 My body is the Lords temple..Greater than he that is in me than he that is in the world. I rebuke this in Jesus name and I cover my facebook page with the blood of jesus....

His response: Good job..... sorry.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Scenario #2 another neighbor.

Him: Hey whats up ?

Me: Hi I am at church right now. not sure what time Ill be home,if its not too late ill text you. weekends are crazy for me ...just a reminder...

Him:u still up:

me: yes just got home from choir rehearsal at the church...WHats going on?

Him: talk nasty to me..I want some..:kiss:

Me : uh no! Hey this isnt going to work
out.We are just too different.

Him:What! Say its worth being friend duh ! Why you dont want to talk to me you must done lost your mind !!!

Me: No I havent lost my mind. I never like hurting peoples feelings. Its hard but I have to be honest with you...we cant talk anymore. We are different and on two different paths.

Him: A really cheap A#$% excuse like that isnt going to fly!

Me: I blocked his number.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Scenario #1: should I block him from facebook or should I give him another chance? Is this normal for youngsters to talk this way?

Scenario #2: Is this disrespectful or have I lost my mind?
Was the guy in scenario #2 rude and a bit abusive with his language or am I just sensitive?

I dress modestly, I always reverence God in my conversations.. I dont understand why I attract these "Bozo the clowns":p....However, in real life they are popular and handsome according to worldly standards...I have made it clear of my church involvement ... I have no idea whats going on!!

KitKatMatt

stupid bleeding heart feminist liberal
May 2, 2013
✟29,520.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Always make it clear in these situations that you are NOT interested, and if they don't listen (like the second especially seems to do), then they are being extremely disrespectful and have crossed the line.

Personally, I fully agree with blocking #2's number. If it were me, I might not block #1 just yet, but I would be very wary of them. Detailed sexual comments that come out of the blue like that are a huge red flag for me, it usually means a person is going to keep bringing it up on the hopes that you "break" and give into it.

It's not normal for someone to talk like that. It's gross and creepy. It's not the sign of a person who is looking for a normal relationship, ESPECIALLY if they keep pushing it after you say you are not interested, which means your feelings don't matter at all to them.

Reactions: Timahani
Upvote 0

pure4u2

Jun 11, 2014
Canada
✟17,549.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
That took alot of courage to step up and say NO!! I have had problems that like that in the past... For scenerio #1, I personally would tell him if he would do that again or talk like that, that you would block and unfriend him because you are not like that. I have had situations where my old friends that aren't christian would randomly text me then turn sexually and I would have to tell them to stop and not text me back since I don't know how to block numbers.Before I waas strong in my faith though, I did have problems with an addiction I had and I did fall into temptation and to this day it makes me sick that thats all they want to talk about even though it happened over a matter of tim. Once you cave in, you feel horrible and ask God to forgive you and then never talk to that person again...
Thanks alot for sharing!! :)

Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟379,648.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Block them both. The first one knows he messed up, and sounds like he would completely understand if you would block him. Blocking him shows that you don't tolerate stuff like that, and therefore that he won't be able to wear you down. Don't feel bad about blocking either of them, because you deserve better male company than that.

Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟379,648.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I have had situations where my old friends that aren't christian would randomly text me then turn sexually and I would have to tell them to stop and not text me back since I don't know how to block numbers.
Your phone manual should tell you how. Google searching for your model or type of phone and blocking numbers should also show you how to do it. Be strong, and block them yourself.

Upvote 0

Rhamiel

Member of the Round Table
Nov 11, 2006
ohio
✟241,111.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I dunno... the first guy might have just made a mistake, if you want to, you can give him another chance

sometimes people make mistakes, if he looks like he is willing to respect you, maybe you can be friends

but if he keeps doing stuff like that, cut him out of your life

Upvote 0