Sex offender website

Chosen One

Jul 14, 2005
✟8,271.00
Faith
Non-Denom
JPPT1974 said:
We need indeed to protect our children and women because once a sex offender always will be one afraid. Just don't come anywhere near me though.

I had a friend from college who streaked the quad one night. He is now on the sex offender list. He has children of his own now.

Being on the sex offender list- he is obviously a menace to society. I never speak to him anymore.

Upvote 0

Rochir

By Grabthar's hammer ... YES.WEEK.END!
Sep 27, 2004
In your lap
Visit site
✟31,151.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
NFSteelers said:
it is because sexual offenders are usually repeat offenders. They don't usually attack just once. It is for awareness and protecting our children, our women and even our men.

Then the state should automatically sentence sexuial offenders to life without parole, if your statement is true! Why doesn't the state do that?

Upvote 0

Rochir

By Grabthar's hammer ... YES.WEEK.END!
Sep 27, 2004
In your lap
Visit site
✟31,151.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
JPPT1974 said:
We need indeed to protect our children and women because once a sex offender always will be one afraid. Just don't come anywhere near me though.

So, where should that person go after s/he finished their sentence?:scratch:

Upvote 0

Chosen One

Jul 14, 2005
✟8,271.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Echuu Shen Jon said:
sounds a Fine idea :)

As the Lord said to Pete- forgive" Not seven times, but, I tell you, seventy-seven times."

[sarcasm]
What Peter failed to mention in his gospel was that Jesus followed "except for sex offenders- who are excluded from my forgiveness laws".
[/sarcasm]

Some of you seem so un-Christian to me. Forgiveness is the pillar of our religion.

Upvote 0

Voegelin

Reactionary
Aug 18, 2003
Connecticut
✟26,726.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Chosen One said:
Some of you seem so un-Christian to me. Forgiveness is the pillar of our religion.

Only those injured can forgive. I have no right to forgive these people. Do have a right to lobby, if I wish, for Megan laws. That is what was done by others.

Upvote 0

kdet

God lives in us
Jul 12, 2003
TX
Visit site
✟16,807.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
indeep said:
The country has gone registration crazy... if you urinate in public, you're on the sex offenders list, there are 6 year olds on it.. moral indignation has overtaken common sense.

You have any proof of your statements? Can you prove that six year olds are on the list? That people merely urinating in public are on the list?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

kdet

God lives in us
Jul 12, 2003
TX
Visit site
✟16,807.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Chosen One said:
As the Lord said to Pete- forgive" Not seven times, but, I tell you, seventy-seven times."

[sarcasm]
What Peter failed to mention in his gospel was that Jesus followed "except for sex offenders- who are excluded from my forgiveness laws".
[/sarcasm]

You can forgive someone and still protect yourself and others from that person's actions.

Upvote 0

MadeInOz

Contributor
Jun 7, 2004
Brisbane
✟20,513.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
AU-Labor
kdet said:
You have any proof of your statements? Can you prove that six year olds are on the list? That people merely urinating in public are on the list?

Some cases:

http://www.suntimes.com/output/news/cst-nws-molest01.html <== a man almost hit a girl in his car when she stepped out in front of him. When he went to caution her for her foolishness... he landed himself as a sex offender.

I can't find any specific news articles relating to the other stuff, but I have seen them in the past. I could go into statutory rape committed by people under 17.. I could go into the false accusations... I am not trying to defend sex crimes in any way shape or form, I find them abhorrent, but we are drawing a fairly wide bow on things. Meh, I can't be bothered arguing any more, it's 2am and I'm half-dead.

Interesting information: Sex crimes against children have decreased 79% between 1993 and 2003..
http://www.tucsoncitizen.com/index.php?page=national&story_id=082505b1_sexcrimes&page_number=1

Convicted sex offenders are less likely to reoffend:
http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2001971495_prison03m.html

Upvote 0

kdet

God lives in us
Jul 12, 2003
TX
Visit site
✟16,807.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
indeep said:
Some cases:

http://www.suntimes.com/output/news/cst-nws-molest01.html <== a man almost hit a girl in his car when she stepped out in front of him. When he went to caution her for her foolishness... he landed himself as a sex offender.

I can't find any specific news articles relating to the other stuff, but I have seen them in the past. I could go into statutory rape committed by people under 17.. I could go into the false accusations... I am not trying to defend sex crimes in any way shape or form, I find them abhorrent, but we are drawing a fairly wide bow on things. Meh, I can't be bothered arguing any more, it's 2am and I'm half-dead.

Interesting information: Sex crimes against children have decreased 79% between 1993 and 2003..
http://www.tucsoncitizen.com/index.php?page=national&story_id=082505b1_sexcrimes&page_number=1

Convicted sex offenders are less likely to reoffend:
http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2001971495_prison03m.html

First link doesn't work

Some people claim that child abusers can't be cured and invariably reoffend. Others suggest that recidivism rates are low and that sex offenders are less likely to reoffend than those who commit other types of crimes. What is the truth?

Overall, follow-up studies typically find sexual recidivism rates of 10%-15% after five years, 20% after 10 years, and 30%-40% after 20 years (see Hanson, Morton, & Harris, 2003).

However, these numbers are conservative because not all offences are detected.

In fact, a careful review of the scientific and legal literature shows that determining true recidivism rates are next to impossible as recidivism rates only count the number of sex offenders released into the community who are caught and convicted.

The vast majority of sex offenses are never reported. For instance, the National Women's Study surveyed a representative sample of over 4,000 adult women in the United States. Three hundred forty-one (8.5%) of these women were victims of at least one rape prior to the age of 18; however, only 11.9% of these women reported the rape to authorities (Hanson et al., 1990). And it must be remembered, of the few offenses reported, an even smaller number result in convictions.

The problem with using recidivism rates to determine the rate of reoffending is readily apparent when considering the following example. If 100% of released molesters reoffended, but the rate of reporting is only 12%, and the conviction rate is half of this, than the recividism rate would be reported as only 6%!

http://www.leadershipcouncil.org/Media/ro/ro.html

Child sexual abuse (CSA) is an act of assault or exploitation by a person who has authority over or the trust of a child.

• 1 out of every 3 girls
  • 1 out of every 5 boys
  • A child is sexually abused every two minutes
  • A child is sexually abused every two minutes; 95% know and trust their attackers.
  • Only 25% of all CSA cases are ever reported.
  • 5% of those will never get to court; 50% of those children will be returned to the alledged abuser.
  • One in 10 homes are involved in child sexual abuse, a leading cause of child prostitution and teen suicide.
  • http://www.againstsexualabuse.org/csa.asp

Upvote 0

E-beth

Senior Contributor
Feb 6, 2002
Ohio
Visit site
✟20,861.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I understand that some people might be on the sex offenders list for silly mistakes. But since I like to take walks with my son I concern myself with knowing if the neighborhood we walk around in is reasonably safe.

I am mostly concerned with any child predators in my neighborhood. It makes me really anxious to think about my son trick-or-treating at a convicted molester's house.

I do feel bad for those who are included unjustly. But it should serve as a lesson that sometimes wrong choices can haunt you the rest of your life.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

MethodMan

Legend
Site Supporter
Jun 24, 2004
NW Pennsylvania
✟61,785.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I remember when Pennsylvania first put their site up, the people living in Albion went into panic mode when finding they had close to 75 offenders in their town. All were in the prison but no way to tell that since the addresses were removed.

Upvote 0

k

reset
Aug 29, 2004
✟23,943.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
MoodyBlue said:
I just checked the address of the elementary school where my wife teaches, and there are 3 registered sex offenders living within a short distance of the school. All three had been convicted of crimes against children. Not very comforting.

Convicted pedophiles should not be within walking distance of schools...that's like putting coke addicts in the position of Border Patrol.

Upvote 0