• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Severe PTSD and depression due to persecution and hate

ZackG

Feb 17, 2016
Central New York
✟7,637.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I have surfed every corner of the web to try to get help and I think this might be my only haven for answers. but I am 29 years old, Diagnosed with Autism and Im in serious need of advice and help. You see, years ago I went to ARC trips which is quite simple, takes me out to these trips around my area because I needed to interact with my surroundings. And this one woman and indoctrinated me on things in christianity maybe considered a heresy. She explained to me that gays are bad people, I should not interact with them, that the devil has influenced the world and believe it or not believes that all of the world leaders are shape shifting reptiles from the Draco Constellation. my father, who is a roman catholic was furious on what she was doing and complained. as time progressed, her indoctrination changed my innocent mind, corrupting my soul and my heart into a bible thumping zealot. I play alot of gaming and I express my hatred of Gays, Greed, Pride, stating that if they dont repent, they will be damned to hell. not only that but also the furrys and the bronys are no exception as my belief states that they are all child molesters, and sodomites, and needed to be judged. Every time I warn them of their actions, I get ridiculed, persecuted, and humiliated to the point that I have a psychotic break. I have PTSD and depression from abuse from my mother when I was young so I currently reside with my dad. He does not like what I do and calls me a fool. I dont know what else to do. I tried a psychiatrist, but that doesnt work. Prayers dont work, in fact nothing works. Its as if God no longer is protecting this planet due to a certain someone who said that "We are no longer a christian Nation". I dont know what to do anymore and I ask for your advice.

dayhiker

Mature veteran
Sep 13, 2006
MA
✟220,077.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
The best way to counter a cult is to do what Jesus tells us to do and to do what God did. God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son.
So as Jesus said the 1st command was to love God and the second is to love people. If God loved everyone enough to die for them then we should love them all as well.

Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0

sarah_beloved

Whom Jesus loves
Feb 20, 2016
Singapore
✟9,270.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Condemnation breeds condemnation
Judgement breeds judgement

Do you know how precious you are? Do you understand how you have been forgiven?

Arm yourself with the word of God - that's our only and strongest weapon. Listen to or read messages, sermons that remind you of the Father's love. Memorise bible verses and meditate on them. Once you know how much He loves you, all fear, guilt & condemnation will automatically melt away.

Upvote 0

ZackG

Feb 17, 2016
Central New York
✟7,637.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Condemnation breeds condemnation
Judgement breeds judgement

Do you know how precious you are? Do you understand how you have been forgiven?

Arm yourself with the word of God - that's our only and strongest weapon. Listen to or read messages, sermons that remind you of the Father's love. Memorise bible verses and meditate on them. Once you know how much He loves you, all fear, guilt & condemnation will automatically melt away.
I cant. thats the problem. My hate has destroyed my mind for my whole life after I was abused. I hate to say but its permanent. isnt there a psychiatrist that I can go to, for lobotomization? and im not joking either. hopefully I wont be a threat anymore

Upvote 0

sarah_beloved

Whom Jesus loves
Feb 20, 2016
Singapore
✟9,270.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hey Zack, thank you for the reply. I had to google for what lobotomization means. I know you're serious about it, but if you don't mind, could you let us know why you're considering that?

A psychiatrist is definitely a good idea, for the sake of recovery. Please do find a good one too. It makes all the difference.

I would also like to recommend this book - I've not read it but have heard great things.

Praying for you, beloved.

Upvote 0

ZackG

Feb 17, 2016
Central New York
✟7,637.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Hey Zack, thank you for the reply. I had to google for what lobotomization means. I know you're serious about it, but if you don't mind, could you let us know why you're considering that?

A psychiatrist is definitely a good idea, for the sake of recovery. Please do find a good one too. It makes all the difference.

I would also like to recommend this book - I've not read it but have heard great things.

Praying for you, beloved.
From the looks of it, he isnt my kind of guy. about the lobotomization thing, its because Im not accepted in society. everyone attacks me for my beliefs and im sick of it

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ZackG

Feb 17, 2016
Central New York
✟7,637.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
What are your beliefs? Have you wondered why everyone is attacking you for them?
My belief is fundamental Roman Catholicism. I reject abortions, same sex marriage, sexual attraction to animals, such as furrys, bronies, and Pedophiles. I say to those people to repent or face death from god by lightning or natural disaster.

Upvote 0

Darkhorse

just horsing around
Aug 10, 2005
mid-Atlantic
Visit site
✟288,141.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hey, Zack, I think you're on the right track!

I'm not a Catholic, but your beliefs in the post just above are Biblical (forget about the old lady in the first post), and they get lots of flak from the secular (and liberal Christian) world.

"For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God." (1 Corinthians 1:18)

Hang in there; I have 2 autism/Aspergers sons.

Upvote 0

ZackG

Feb 17, 2016
Central New York
✟7,637.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Hey, Zack, I think you're on the right track!

I'm not a Catholic, but your beliefs in the post just above are Biblical (forget about the old lady in the first post), and they get lots of flak from the secular (and liberal Christian) world.

"For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God." (1 Corinthians 1:18)

Hang in there; I have 2 autism/Aspergers sons.
Liberals are the people responsible on attacking us. we are the last of a proud race of people before Armageddon comes. its part of their "progressive" agenda. we need to tell our politicians if there is some dignity from them left to stop these act and heed our cries

Upvote 0

sarah_beloved

Whom Jesus loves
Feb 20, 2016
Singapore
✟9,270.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Your beliefs are not wrong, but it's little wonder that ppl respond with hostility when you approach them that way. I'm not saying we leave them to do whatever they want. But we are as much as a sinner as they are - saved ONLY by the grace of God. Who is the one who truly has the right to be angry at sinners? How did Christ approach ppl while He was on earth? The woman who committed adultery? That was a classic example.

John 8
10 Then Jesus stood up again and said to the woman, “Where are your accusers? Didn’t even one of them condemn you?”

11 “No, Lord,” she said.

And Jesus said, “Neither do I. Go and sin no more.”

The only one who has the right to condemn the woman chose not to. He offered her the gift of no condemnation before asking her to "go and sin no more". But did He rejected the law? No He did not. So let's stop acting like a modern pharisee.

The bible says perfect love cast out all fears. You can't scare someone into faith.

Upvote 0

ZackG

Feb 17, 2016
Central New York
✟7,637.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Your beliefs are not wrong, but it's little wonder that ppl respond with hostility when you approach them that way. I'm not saying we leave them to do whatever they want. But we are as much as a sinner as they are - saved ONLY by the grace of God. Who is the one who truly has the right to be angry at sinners? How did Christ approach ppl while He was on earth? The woman who committed adultery? That was a classic example.

John 8
10 Then Jesus stood up again and said to the woman, “Where are your accusers? Didn’t even one of them condemn you?”

11 “No, Lord,” she said.

And Jesus said, “Neither do I. Go and sin no more.”

The only one who has the right to condemn the woman chose not to. He offered her the gift of no condemnation before asking her to "go and sin no more". But did He rejected the law? No He did not. So let's stop acting like a modern pharisee.

The bible says perfect love cast out all fears. You can't scare someone into faith.
so if love is the answer, then why do the muslims use fear to control people. we have done this too and we have now become too much of wusses

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

J.R. Neumiller

May 27, 2016
Salisbury, nc
✟154.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don't know if this thread is still open, but here are my thoughts.

When God bears a man unto Himself, He becomes a new creation. Old things are past away, all things become new.

This person's thinking will change as he reads Scripture and prays on it's meaning. God's Spirit will begin opening up new understandings, and "the truth shall set you free."

However, these truths can be believed by people who are not Born Again, and as such, become indoctrination points for those who are the false believers taught about by Jesus in the Bible.

People can have right understandings, but a wrong spirit.

Your female friend was obviously indoctrinated, and passed this on to you. She is "deceived, and deceiving," or, the blind following the blind.

I know this because God can love sinful people and hate their sin. That doesn't mean they get a free pass, or that one day God will not judge them for what they have done. As long as they are alive, there is hope God will grant them repentance, and they will have the new life by the Spirit. If they die in unbelief, there will be no forgiveness or mercy. They have died in their sins.

But God doesn't want them to die in their sins, and that is why the Good News about Jesus is preached. "The Blood of Jesus His Son CLEANSETH from All Sin!"

If perfect love casts out all fear, it can certainly cast out all your hate.

Do you realize God is going to judge you for every idle word you've ever spoken? That He will judge you with the standard you are using to judge everything else? That His eye will not spare if yours has not?

I think if you will focus on your situation with God, you might find the mercy He speaks of. Otherwise, your feelings will betray you every time.

Upvote 0

Sabertooth

Repartee Animal: Quipping the Saints!
Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟961,095.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
In 2 Corinthians 5:16-20, Paul writes that [Christians] are "ambassadors of reconciliation."

We are here to offer God's terms for AMNESTY. The down side is that we have to bring people to a sense of their impending judgment before they can see the need for the amnesty that God is offering.

I've got some good news and some bad news. Which do you want first?
-----Give me the bad news.
You were born into sin, and you are doomed to eternity in Hell for it!
-----Wow! That IS scary! What's the good news, then?
God loves you and has an amnesty plan, so you can get free from the power of sin (and its consequential judgment)...

The problem is that most people hear only the bad news and think that is what Christians want for them. Not true. Every Christian that one will ever meet started off in the same boat, AND WE KNOW IT! We became Christians when we accepted God's terms for amnesty. We don't want sinners to go to Hell; we want them to live long enough to accept God's terms, and avoid Hell altogether. Because after one dies, all bets are off.

The second group that trembles at our message, is those who hear about God's terms for amnesty, but are too proud to accept them. They now know about their impending doom, but can find no other way to get out from under it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟314,979.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
Thanks for the advice. is there other advice I should do. like seeing a priest for guidance? or a psychiatrist?

For mental health issues you should be seeing a mental health professional. I don't know how it works in your country but in the UK one would describe their symptoms to their family doctor and get a referral to see a psychotherapist.

You could look up these two non diagnostic (but still informative) psychometric so to help you describe your symptoms to your doctor: PHQ-9 (for depression) and GAD-7 (for anxiety).

I know this is a Christian site but don't got to a pastor or priest or vicar or what have you. They are not mental health professionals.

Hope that helps.

Upvote 0

Sabertooth

Repartee Animal: Quipping the Saints!
Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟961,095.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I know this is a Christian site but don't got to a pastor or priest or vicar or what have you. They are not mental health professionals.
@ZackG , having Aspergers, I do both. Particularly, seek out a church that is experienced in deliverance. Aspergers is not usually a demon, but many surrounding issues (like PTSD & depression) can be. It can't hurt to get prayer AND medicine...

Upvote 0