TruthSetsFree

Feb 21, 2007
Visit site
✟15,299.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I wonder how come there's no section for seventh day baptists, or seventh day presbyterians which are much older than the seventh day adventist denomination? A lot of denominations in early America kept the 7th day. 7th Day Baptists is just one big one that survived the apostasies. I'll provide a link to the big homepages of the Seventh Day Baptist Churches but I am not allowed to post links until I've posted at least 10 , I'm still a newbie :wave:

Sophia7

Tall73's Wife
Site Supporter
Sep 24, 2005
✟59,815.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That's a good question. Perhaps what we need is a Sabbatarian congregational area to encompass other groups that don't have a place to call home here. I have a feeling that Seventh Day Baptists and seventh-day Presbyterians wouldn't feel completely welcome in the Baptist or Reformed forums here. Also, there are many Sabbatarians on CF who don't affiliate themselves with any denomination. You could go to Suggest New Forums and suggest this; the only problem is that even if an idea is accepted, it can take a long time for it to be implemented.

Upvote 0

Sophia7

Tall73's Wife
Site Supporter
Sep 24, 2005
✟59,815.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm interested in hearing about a Seventh Day Presbyterian church..

I'm not sure if there are any official seventh-day Presbyterian churches. I haven't been able to find anything like that, but there may be some individual Presbyterians who keep the seventh-day Sabbath. There are also many individual Christians of other denominations or who don't affiliate themselves with any denomination who keep the Sabbath.

Upvote 0

TruthSetsFree

Feb 21, 2007
Visit site
✟15,299.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I'm not sure if there are any official seventh-day Presbyterian churches. I haven't been able to find anything like that, but there may be some individual Presbyterians who keep the seventh-day Sabbath. There are also many individual Christians of other denominations or who don't affiliate themselves with any denomination who keep the Sabbath.
It was more prevalent in the older days, however there are a few Presbyterian Pastors and churches that still teach it. Most will never tell you unless you ask them, yet they'll aways called the Lord's Day the FIRST DAY of the week, not the 7th, and they have church on both Saturday and Sunday.

Since there is much confusion over the issue they leave it out of their standard doctrines. You'll find many Presbyterian, Anglican and Episcopal churches at least have some sort of services on Saturday (their book of common prayer has worship services for every day of the week). Many have full worship on Saturday, at least for most it is already a day of rest so they dont bother with it too much. Even most Catholic churches have a Saturday mass so it's easy for them to keep it all on the side in their churches and not confuse the sheeple.

I know because my own family records show my family attended a 7th Day Presbyterian church in the late 1700's and early 1800's and were elders and Pastors in it. The church is still going strong but are really only doing Sundays now and probably dont like the history that they were founded by 7th Day Keepers, so I wont mention the name of it, but all the town records are very clear, and plaques of my family are still inside the chuch since the mid 1700s when they were buried there as the founders. Sabbath is a universal truth that I think more and more people are coming around on. The more people are connected to the bible they are anyway, like early America was already. There's a lot of interesting 7th day baptist history out there, as well as documentation that a great number of early settlers were 7th Day keepers. The Church of God has a lot of this material all mapped out. Here is a VERY GOOD history on the early Sabbath keepers: http://www.seventh-day-baptist.org.au/history.htm

Upvote 0

Airdude

May 31, 2005
Tacoma
✟8,618.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
:wave: I'm surprised that I havn't seen any references here to the Church of God 7th Day. I am SDA, but I occasionally attend a
COG7 church because some of my relatives go there. Many of there beliefs are similar to ours. There are also quite a few differences though.

I will try to post a website for you.

Upvote 0