MadFingerPainter

in His hands
Jun 12, 2006
KS
✟18,077.00
Faith
Baptist
Deuteronomy 10:12
And now, Israel, what doth the LORD thy God require of thee, but to fear the LORD thy God, to walk in all his ways, and to love him, and to serve the LORD thy God with all thy heart and with all thy soul

how do you serve the Lord each day?
do you serve him in every way that you can from the heart? this is what he is asking...that you put your heart and soul into everything that you do and do it for him. each day when i go to work it is up to me to serve him in love. any other way is not only hurtful to me but to everyone around me. especially those who we are there to take care of. look around you...are there people around you who need to be loved that you have overlooked? the basic point of my job is to cook a meal, serve it out, and do the clean up. but in between i'm encountered with all these people i have to communicate with. it is a big responsibility to be kind and compassionate and considerate of those around you. many times we neglect this unintentionally. although some just really don't care which is sad. but regardless of whatever the situation...people need kindness. they may say they don't but even the hardest of hearts needs to be loved. love can come from anywhere. i honestly believe this. it's a matter of the person seeing it for what it is and accepting it. each time love touches you in any form it is a blessing from the Lord. it is his way of reaching out to you through other sources. he can not physically wrap his arms around you and hug you but he can send someone your way that can. the residents we care for need us to be more than just a cook or a nurse aid or a med aid. they need a friend. they need someone who cares about them and loves them enough to be more than just what they are there to do. they need us to go beyond the call of duty and love them. someone you don't get along with at work...they need you to go beyond the call of duty and love them as well. we are to be peacemakers. we are to love one another. even if they don't love us back. i'm certain Jesus loved those who were nailing him to the cross. which likely made it all the more difficult. emotionally that had to be painful. it's never easy to accept that just because you love someone doesn't mean they will love you in return. and sometimes they will be cruel in the face of that love. but do not be discouraged...continue to love them just the same. it is what God wants. and loving others is so much easier than the alternative.

be blessed... :angel:

ChristianRocks

Christ lives in me and I in Him.
Feb 4, 2004
Edmonton, Alberta
Visit site
✟8,368.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Thank you for your words of wisdom!

MadFingerPainter said:
Deuteronomy 10:12
And now, Israel, what doth the LORD thy God require of thee, but to fear the LORD thy God, to walk in all his ways, and to love him, and to serve the LORD thy God with all thy heart and with all thy soul

how do you serve the Lord each day?
do you serve him in every way that you can from the heart? this is what he is asking...that you put your heart and soul into everything that you do and do it for him. each day when i go to work it is up to me to serve him in love. any other way is not only hurtful to me but to everyone around me. especially those who we are there to take care of. look around you...are there people around you who need to be loved that you have overlooked? the basic point of my job is to cook a meal, serve it out, and do the clean up. but in between i'm encountered with all these people i have to communicate with. it is a big responsibility to be kind and compassionate and considerate of those around you. many times we neglect this unintentionally. although some just really don't care which is sad. but regardless of whatever the situation...people need kindness. they may say they don't but even the hardest of hearts needs to be loved. love can come from anywhere. i honestly believe this. it's a matter of the person seeing it for what it is and accepting it. each time love touches you in any form it is a blessing from the Lord. it is his way of reaching out to you through other sources. he can not physically wrap his arms around you and hug you but he can send someone your way that can. the residents we care for need us to be more than just a cook or a nurse aid or a med aid. they need a friend. they need someone who cares about them and loves them enough to be more than just what they are there to do. they need us to go beyond the call of duty and love them. someone you don't get along with at work...they need you to go beyond the call of duty and love them as well. we are to be peacemakers. we are to love one another. even if they don't love us back. i'm certain Jesus loved those who were nailing him to the cross. which likely made it all the more difficult. emotionally that had to be painful. it's never easy to accept that just because you love someone doesn't mean they will love you in return. and sometimes they will be cruel in the face of that love. but do not be discouraged...continue to love them just the same. it is what God wants. and loving others is so much easier than the alternative.

be blessed... :angel:

Upvote 0