Oh, Hello!
Jan 27, 2012
You don't get to stalk me. :|
✟338,520.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I just thought it would be nice to have a place to put messages we may have heard and may be of use to others.

I picked this message last night at random as a means to fall asleep (I cant sleep in absolute silence, my mind wont shut off that way) but after hearing it, I thought it may be of use to others.

Hawthorne

CF Singles High Council
Sep 1, 2005
Going to and fro and up and down in the earth.
✟44,826.00
Faith
Marital Status
Private
Reactions: Toro
Upvote 0

Swan7

Made in the image of His Grace
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2014
Forever Summer
✟435,986.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Very good sermon @timewerx and a good reminder. It's so important to have discernment and to be careful of the things of this world.

The second one is also a good reminder too. Especially for me. It seems my joy is being stolen from me most days.

Thanks for the videos. :angel:

• Agree
Upvote 0

James of Arc

Venomous Turtle
Site Supporter
Apr 4, 2016
✟30,954.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
I like Dr. Charles Stanly on the radio but I don't watch his sermons often. Who I do like to watch is Adrian Rogers who is now passed away but when alive he was a really good preacher.

I listen to Adrian Rogers on my Kindle Fire when I go to bed and for the last two nights I have listened to this sermon which I really like.

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟299,284.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Very good sermon @timewerx and a good reminder. It's so important to have discernment and to be careful of the things of this world.

The second one is also a good reminder too. Especially for me. It seems my joy is being stolen from me most days.

Thanks for the videos. :angel:

No problem!

Pastor Paul used to be a full time missionary who faced incredibly tough odds in 3rd world countries, getting the Word in really difficult and dangerous places.

He tends to be harsh given his broad perspective of the world and seen some of the worst cases of poverty and hopelessness in 3rd world.

He often sees Christians in the USA as blinded by the relatively easy life compared to the rest of the world, who will not follow Christ to the ends of the world if it means losing them.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Toro

Oh, Hello!
Jan 27, 2012
You don't get to stalk me. :|
✟338,520.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
He often sees Christians in the USA as blinded by the relatively easy life compared to the rest of the world

Pssssssht..... when starving people in other nations realizes that their phone is too big...... then they will know TRUE adversity.

40268574_zpsjy1ur6hj.jpg

First world problems are REAL!!! :runcry:

• Haha
Reactions: Swan7
Upvote 0

Swan7

Made in the image of His Grace
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2014
Forever Summer
✟435,986.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No problem!

Pastor Paul used to be a full time missionary who faced incredibly tough odds in 3rd world countries, getting the Word in really difficult and dangerous places.

He tends to be harsh given his broad perspective of the world and seen some of the worst cases of poverty and hopelessness in 3rd world.

He often sees Christians in the USA as blinded by the relatively easy life compared to the rest of the world, who will not follow Christ to the ends of the world if it means losing them.

Thanks for the background of the pastor! Now I see why he is harsh, and certainly understand why.

Because I have been super blessed to live in a 1st world kingdom, I have been looking for a charity to donate to; since I can't be out in the world (lack of money to travel). The only way I know how to reach people outside is, well, the internet!

Upvote 0

SnowyMacie

Apr 12, 2011
North Texas
✟118,149.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
In Relationship
Upvote 0

SnowyMacie

Apr 12, 2011
North Texas
✟118,149.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
In Relationship
My favorite professor from college and one of my mentors from then spoke in chapel yesterday and my alma mater posted it to their page. Honestly, one of the best sermons I've ever heard. I'm totally going to use the phrase "Circumference of Affections" now...

Reactions: dayhiker
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

OcifferPls

Berean Baptist
Oct 27, 2016
The Frigid North
✟26,538.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
This is not really a sermon, but it was a message that was playing on my car radio today at just the right time, and I found it to be very edifying given my life's circumstances and all of that jazz, so to me it was like a sermon.

Ted Talk from The Center of Applied Reasoning, on NPR

Upvote 0

OcifferPls

Berean Baptist
Oct 27, 2016
The Frigid North
✟26,538.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
^I always liked Charles Stanley, and can identify with the story of Joseph, for having gone through many a dark time in life. Since you addressed that sermon to @Wayholka , something I've been wanting to say but haven't found the opportunity to, is that God "makes" or "forms" us through adversity, and it isn't always easy to see that. So, hang in there man.

Reactions: Swan7
Upvote 0