Jan 9, 2013
✟131,531.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
You know, if I wrote a screenplay, and in the screenplay I had this scene were a child rapist pleaded to the court and said, "I didn't mean to hurt the 3-yr old girl that I sodomized" and then the Judge reduces the sentence of the rapist....

No one would ever believe that scene. That scene would be called ridiculous and unbelievable...

I tell you, sometimes real life is stranger than fiction.

That Judge... There just are no words to describe how I feel about that Judge.

Only in California. Had that have happened in the South, no way that child rapist gets off light.

I really can't think of a worst crime than raping a 3-yr old. I mean, the only way I can think of something worst is to get all H. P. Lovecraft and start imagining the really macabre and criminally insane.

I think child rape should be a capital crime.

Upvote 0

dgiharris

Old Crusty Vet
Jan 9, 2013
✟131,531.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
And now precedent has been set for other California pedophiles.

FYP :)

IIRC, it's not unusual for the occasional bleeding heart judge in California to give a ridiculously light sentence to the violent criminal in question.

Upvote 0

Aryeh Jay

Gone and hopefully forgotten.
Site Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟498,114.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
FYP :)

IIRC, it's not unusual for the occasional bleeding heart judge in California to give a ridiculously light sentence to the violent criminal in question.

Stupid spell check and my lack of English.

Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟331,829.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
That means with good behavior and over crowding, he'll be out in less then 5 years. This don't surprise me at all. I'm more surprised he didn't plead down to ways lesser charge, like every other child molester.
An Orange County Superior Court judge knocked a child rapist's mandatory sentence of 25-years-to-life down to 10 years because the suspect "did not intend to harm" the toddler he assaulted.
I don't think any child molesters want to hurt victims, they just cant stop their sickness. I don't think they should get a lesser sentence over it , because I think the public should be safe from these people. But I'm guessing more child molesters will try this defense now.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟12,068.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Only in California. Had that have happened in the South, no way that child rapist gets off light.
Unless he was from a "good family" and had connections.

Upvote 0

dgiharris

Old Crusty Vet
Jan 9, 2013
✟131,531.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
What about castration?

This falls under cruel and unusual punishment. I think the Supreme Court ruled on it. Some Sex Offenders Opt for Castration - ABC News

guess I was wrong. Seems some states mandate it for repeat offenders which is good. And in some states the pedophile can volunteer for castration for a reduced sentence and some have taken the offer....

That means with good behavior and over crowding, he'll be out in less then 5 years. This don't surprise me at all..

Yeah, if overcrowding becomes a problem, he can actually be out in 1/3rd the sentence for good behavior which is 3 years. And of course he will behave, he's in a prison with no children--- like duh obviously :doh:.

I don't think any child molesters want to hurt victims, they just cant stop their sickness.

My uncle is a hybrid counselor / Probation officer for sex offenders and deals mostly with pedophiles. And he says they don't see it as hurting the victims. They see it as love. They love and care about the children and sex is their way of expressing it.

Here is my take on pedophilia. As a man, when I see a child, any child, my biological hard wiring mandates that I protect this child no matter what. Even if it costs me my life, nothing is more important than the child. So for me and 99% of most males, a Child = Protect + Love

For pedophiles, their hard wiring is twisted and for them, their wires are crossed when it comes to children with a sexual component.
For them, Child = Protect + Love + Sex

and there is simply no amount of counseling that can fix it. It is in the reptile portion of their brains. It defies logic. Knowing it is "wrong" is just not enough.

I had it explained to me like this. Imagine that you are starving, literally starving, stomach cramps are so bad you are doubling over. Now imagine that someone puts your favorite meal in front of you, like Lasagna. Then they tell you, "You can't eat it. You have to sit for the next 8 hours with this plate of food in front of you and not eat it. If you eat it, we will whip you.

There is no way you would be able to not eat it. Your reptile brain would take over and you'd eat that food regardless of the consequences. Afterwards when your hunger is satiated then you will feel remorse and fear for the penalty you incur.

I don't think it take the urges away in the head away.

The recidivism rate drops dramatically but you are right, it doesn't completely eliminate it. I think for "most" pedophiles, counseling plus castration will work. And I think in clear cut cases of abuse where there is 100% proof, that pedophiles should be castrated. They have chemical castration now. But I don't care. Whichever is more effective.

Upvote 0

Arcangl86

Dec 29, 2013
✟346,961.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
I'm interested to see what will happen at appeal, because it looks like the trial judge just ignored a statutory minimum sentence. As much as I disagree with mandatory minimums, if they exist, they need to be followed, otherwise the rule of law has no meaning.

Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟331,829.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
People keep saying this happened because it's in CA. But I'm sure it happens in every state. I think it gets more attention because caring people notice this stuff, want to do something about it, got the media involved.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟331,829.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The gay agenda is slowly being implemented, and the children will be the first to suffer.
Children and people being rapped have nothing to do with gay people having rights.

Reactions: Booko
Upvote 0

Redac

Jul 16, 2007
California
✟167,609.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
As fun as the "lol california u so crazy and liberal" meme is, it should perhaps be noted that Orange County is the most conservative county in the entire state. There's also already a push to get the guy to resign.

Either way, yeah, this dude needs to be off the bench.

Reactions: Booko
Upvote 0