Massachusetts
✟586,472.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I am with someone who lets me into every part of her life. And I let her share with me in any part, except I might not tell her all things, all the time, just so she is not getting distracted, all the time, about my more negative things > I will confide everything with her, but not tell her all the time about things we expect God to get rid of so we get more real in loving.

So, we share everything.

Love is better than fun and serious. We just share and enjoy sharing, whether it is fun or funny or serious; and we talk things out. And I am finding I need to let her do things the way she does, and learn about her, instead of trying to change her; but I do offer what I think she could do better. And I confront her complaining and other things, and expect her to confront how I can be critical and paranoid. And we can get to enjoying this and laughing.

So, we can have fun in dealing with serious stuff, and laugh about it.

But what works is we don't try to plan and control things. We pray for God to create our sharing, that we do not know but discover.

If you have a lady, you two are unique; and you can enjoy discovering who you become with each other in God's love . . . as we grow and mature and discover how we become. It is good to share with others, since we all are family in Jesus. Marriages and relationships are not in isolation, in Christ; so we need to feed, even, on other people's examples and their relating.

But I can still be too serious . . . even very serious about having a good time. So, I might be abusing her, in a way, by being too serious and analytical. So, I need God's correction so I discover how to love.

Reactions: DabriaShae
Upvote 0

JaapAap

Aug 16, 2015
Arnhem, Holland
✟1,154.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
When you are seeing someone, do you feel more serious or more fun?
sf.jpg

Reactions: DabriaShae
Upvote 0

MiniEmu

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
May 19, 2015
UK
✟21,720.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Ferious.

A feeling which feels exactly as it sounds.

Edit: this is my serious answer. It's a mix of fun, seriousness, and fear. Or perhaps anxiety is a better word. Perhaps the feeling should be Ferioxity.

Edit 2: I do think that there are different types of dating, and I'm not particularly committed to one style. Some are purely fun, harmless flirtatious banter for lack of anything else to do. Some are entered into with the most serious of intentions. I'm not really able to handle serious though, the complexities of genuinely being in a serious relationship where proper feelings and responsibilities develop towards the other person. I'm too selfish for that.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Travelers.Soul

Traveler; Dreamer; Warrior; Coffee lover
Aug 15, 2010
Land of the Horse
✟132,318.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
So, date for fun or serious? Is that what you are getting at? Or when you are dating how do you feel about that person?

I don't have a "this is just for laughs" mentality about dating. If it's how I feel about a person I'm dating, I guess that would depend on the person and other factors. (How long we've known each other, how well we know each other, how well we mesh, etc.)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

redblue22

You Are Special.
Jan 13, 2012
✟73,841.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
dating can be very serious business for some people. they have a lot of heavy deep important questions and concerns before the dating goes anywhere.

dating for some others can be having fun and playfulness together. No real worries, things are pretty light. maybe in the future they marry.

Which one do you tend to feel more when you date?

Upvote 0

blackribbon

Not a newbie
Dec 18, 2011
✟190,401.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
I date to find friendship...it is not an interview for a spouse. If we start to talk about pursuing a life together, then a certain level of seriousness becomes part of that relationship. It probably goes more serious when I realize that we have differences that may really matter in a marriage situation...and it is serious because hard decisions that will probably hurt people will have to be made ...hurting people is always a serious situation.

Upvote 0

JaapAap

Aug 16, 2015
Arnhem, Holland
✟1,154.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
dating can be very serious business for some people. they have a lot of heavy deep important questions and concerns before the dating goes anywhere.

dating for some others can be having fun and playfulness together. No real worries, things are pretty light. maybe in the future they marry.

Which one do you tend to feel more when you date?
The serious stuff I do before an eventual date, but not dead serious, just funny. I'm not just gonna date and have fun and see where it goes. Then better just be friends first and have fun. The last time I visited a dating site I had a conversation with a guy first about all the serious stuff. That's what you get when you're divorced. They want to know everything. First make sure some serious basics are okay and then you can just have a fun time.
It was no use if we went on a date, he wasn't looking for that and me neither, but we did have a fun time being serious.

Upvote 0

kittysbecute

Pokémon Master
Jun 3, 2007
Somewhere over the rainbow, where skies are blue
Visit site
✟159,749.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
If I'm seeing someone I have glasses or contacts on, otherwise they are a blur. Are glasses more fun and contacts more serious, or vice versa? :p

Reactions: MiniEmu
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

William67

Sep 26, 2014
✟31,464.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
If I'm seeing someone I have glasses or contacts on, otherwise they are a blur. Are glasses more fun and contacts more serious, or vice versa? :p

When I was a young man, if a girl wore glasses and had braces, I was instantly attracted. I had a weakness for geeky looking girls.

Upvote 0

JaapAap

Aug 16, 2015
Arnhem, Holland
✟1,154.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I Always have them off and great the wrong persons.
Oh glasses, that reminds me of a blind date commercial we had years ago.

Upvote 0