Jul 12, 2009
Snowy Northeast
✟35,831.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Hi, thanks so much for reading this!

I noticed yesterday my sweet, sweet kitty, Narnia, has some swelling and black discharge in the corners of her mouth. I suspect and hope it's just that it's time for a teeth cleaning. But that is a very stressful vet visit for this very nervous kitty. She came from a background of being abandoned as a kitten and then was moved in with a cat that beat her up. When she came to me she was covered in abrasions, skinny as a rail and pretty worn out. But since then, she's been pampered and healthy. The only thing she's never really recovered from is that she stresses easily, and vet visits that include a hated ride in the car, and a wait in the waiting room with other cats which she think are going to beat her up, these are very stressful.

Would you please pray that there will be no serious condition found behind this discharge, a stress free visit to the doc, and provision for the scary vet bill. If any of you have had this condition with your kitties, I'd so appreciate any info you have.

REVISED Requst: I don't know what I was thinking when I posted this earlier. Let's pray for complete recovery before Thursday, so there will be no need for a vet visit! Thanks!

THANK YOU!!!!

a

Last edited:

miss-a

Jul 12, 2009
Snowy Northeast
✟35,831.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Excellent, excellent update on sweet kitty, Narnia! We still had to the trip to the vet but she did so much better than expected in the car. She likes her new carrier and only complained a little. She cried, but didn't act terrified, or traumatized. Then when we got to the vet office there were no cats in the waiting room, so she didn't have to go through that upset. Then when we got to the exam, this vet doesn't do some of the gross, stressful things that other vets have done in the past (won't gross you out with the details, but I was soooo concerned about invasive things they do traumatizing her, but this vet didn't do them!) And the swelling in her mouth is likely not anyting serious, and it's already healing. They think she may have chewed something or bumped her face at some point, that the discharge I saw was dried blood, but it's gone now. Just some swelling that is going down. She didn't need meds (although mommy is putting drops of colloidal silver in her water, just in case theirs some infection going on.) and she didn't stress out during the exam. She even ate all the treats they gave her while examining her. And, because they didn't have to treat her in any way, it only cost me $52 for the visit, and the carrier was $27. I didn't know you could say hello to a vet for $52.

It worked out great on all fronts. She's snoozing by the window now, as if the whole thing never happened. Thanks so much for praying and caring.
Blessings to you all!
a

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Pink Spider

EUROPEAN ANGLICAN
Supporter
May 26, 2013
Sweden
✟38,072.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
prayer7_zpsc1ak3njx.jpg