AV1

Jul 25, 2013
Michigan
✟15,355.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
To the OP's question, I suggest this book, written by someone who lived it and is an expert in the geopolitical climate of the days it took place, and continues to work in the same arena.

I attend a Serbian Parish, so naturally this issue is commonplace in casual conversation. I attended a seminar by the author out of curiosity for understanding the culture of many of the parishioners of my home church. I can tell you that there is definitely some bias and vitriol at work against the Serbian people, and more generally, Orthodox Slavs. It is not a new phenomenon either, quite the opposite.

Some of it is simply PC pressure, some of it more heinous. No removal of culpability in the bad stuff either. War is a nasty undertaking. It is worth reading, though a bit pricey. I recommend finding a used copy to borrow or buy.

http://www.daniellesremac.com/Press_Release_War_of_Words.htm

Upvote 0

Gxg (G²)

Pilgrim/Monastic on the Road to God (Psalm 84:1-7)
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2009
Good Ol' South...
Visit site
✟160,220.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Thank-you, as this is yet another dimension of the conflict. And thank-you for the maps demonstrating the history of Crimea ( truly important in this matter); history matters.
It's amazing how much of a difference can be made by things as simple as maps/the evolution of boundaries (which in the real world have people in geographical areas defined by those boundaries and impacted when they may shift).

03 08 14 - Macro Analytics - Ukraine Choke Points - YouTube
And as in other conflicts, history is often jettisoned in the interest of simplifying things; I think this must be the case in foreign policy as well.

The media timeline tends to exclude the history of Crimea, its autonomous status within Ukraine, and Kiev's recent historic treatment of Crimea.
Whenever the media excludes the history behind Crimea and its autonomous background, it seems that things are made to be solved via oversimplified treatment in the same way others assume there has always been "conflict/no peace in the Middle East" and yet no one discusses the history of the area via maps that show the ways things changed over time with the boundaries..

To add to your list (before I've read the links admittedly) ZeroHedge pointed out that the majority of Russia's oil is shipped through the Black Sea (Kiev stated last week that Russia's agreed port arrangements would be 'up for discussion' around the same time minority language rights were revoked; imperiling standing agreements per the economic sector - especially oil - tends to "get the US's interest" roused as well when our shipping routes are involved.)
No surprise that economics is involved - as you cannot disconnect the economic background from the background that deals with claims of what is or isn't moral....and many times, the people (including those involved in Churches connected to Serbia or Ukraine ) may have others championing things based on the stance focused on morals - yet not be aware of the economic backgrounds present that shaped some of the moral stances they were given to take....and thus, they may not realize how much they may be actively manipulated by others in the media even as they are sincerely trying to do what's right.

With the U.S - as well as global cartels -it is always the case that economic gain is the basis for any intervention we get involved with....and even with sides we seem to be fighting about, it's amazing how both sides of a conflict (once the dust settles down in the aftermath) end up with something of profit they gained from it - the resources you placed up elsewhere did an amazing job noting the issue.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xE1r7X3b8UA#t=1256

Upvote 0

Gxg (G²)

Pilgrim/Monastic on the Road to God (Psalm 84:1-7)
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2009
Good Ol' South...
Visit site
✟160,220.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0