Servus Iesu

Jun 15, 2005
✟20,312.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Hello all,
I haven't posted in here for quite awhile, but I thought this would be worth it. Almost all of you are probably aware of the exchange between Father Euteneuer and Sean Hannity. I thought it would be a good thing to write e-mails to HLI to show our support for the good Father. This is what I sent-

To whomever may read this, please forward this message to Fr. Euteneuer:

Father,
I am sure you have probably been told by many people, including priests, that your actions toward Sean Hannity were somehow inappropriate. As an ordinary lay Catholic, I simply want to say that I am proud of what you have done, and I believe the Church needs more shepherds of souls who will act in similar fashion.
I watched the exchange on Hannity and Colmes, and frankly, I thought it was disgusting the way Hannity treated you. The man is a disgrace and an embarrasment to anyone who takes the Catholic faith seriously. I firmly believe that it is essential to show all possible deference to Priests, not as respecting their person, but out of respect for the priesthood itself. Even with Liberal and Modernist priests who I think are doing incredible damage to the souls in their charge, I give them appropriate signs of respect as though respecting Jesus Christ. Hannity gave you no such respect, when by every indication you are not just a priest, but a good priest. Indeed, he shouldn't have behaved the way he did even if you were a layman.
It is clear to me from watching that exchange, that Hannity is concerned most of all about his ratings, and the references to paedophilia were especially sickening attempts at playing to an audience which may include a majority of non-Catholics, some of whom may be anti-Catholic. The man is a scandal and a stumbling block.
But enough about Hannity. You have done what you are called to do as a priest. There are perhaps millions of lay people all over the country looking for leadership such as you displayed. Please, do not back down no matter what opposition you may face. What matters is that all of us, whether priest or lay person, do what the Lord Jesus Christ requires of us.
May God bless you-
Ryan

END

I hope this message will reach him and be of some encouragement. It would be even better if he received a flood of supportive e-mail.

Please don't debate whether contraception is immoral or not here.

ProCommunioneFacior

I'm an ultra-traditionalist, run for your life ;)
Oct 30, 2003
Mesa, Arizona
Visit site
✟21,647.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Hello all,
I haven't posted in here for quite awhile, but I thought this would be worth it. Almost all of you are probably aware of the exchange between Father Euteneuer and Sean Hannity. I thought it would be a good thing to write e-mails to HLI to show our support for the good Father. This is what I sent-

To whomever may read this, please forward this message to Fr. Euteneuer:

Father,
I am sure you have probably been told by many people, including priests, that your actions toward Sean Hannity were somehow inappropriate. As an ordinary lay Catholic, I simply want to say that I am proud of what you have done, and I believe the Church needs more shepherds of souls who will act in similar fashion.
I watched the exchange on Hannity and Colmes, and frankly, I thought it was disgusting the way Hannity treated you. The man is a disgrace and an embarrasment to anyone who takes the Catholic faith seriously. I firmly believe that it is essential to show all possible deference to Priests, not as respecting their person, but out of respect for the priesthood itself. Even with Liberal and Modernist priests who I think are doing incredible damage to the souls in their charge, I give them appropriate signs of respect as though respecting Jesus Christ. Hannity gave you no such respect, when by every indication you are not just a priest, but a good priest. Indeed, he shouldn't have behaved the way he did even if you were a layman.
It is clear to me from watching that exchange, that Hannity is concerned most of all about his ratings, and the references to paedophilia were especially sickening attempts at playing to an audience which may include a majority of non-Catholics, some of whom may be anti-Catholic. The man is a scandal and a stumbling block.
But enough about Hannity. You have done what you are called to do as a priest. There are perhaps millions of lay people all over the country looking for leadership such as you displayed. Please, do not back down no matter what opposition you may face. What matters is that all of us, whether priest or lay person, do what the Lord Jesus Christ requires of us.
May God bless you-
Ryan

END

I hope this message will reach him and be of some encouragement. It would be even better if he received a flood of supportive e-mail.

Please don't debate whether contraception is immoral or not here.

Good idea Servus, I will do the same!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.