Senator: God judging U.S. with disastrous hurricanes.

Psalms34

◄♫♪♫ תהלים ♫♪♫►
Nov 20, 2004
Southern Calif
✟22,982.00
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Constitution
thirstforknowledge said:
Are you serious?
YYyyyup! Volcanoes do massive damage to the environment, far more than man does... by far. Do your research.

Texas Lynn said:
Clarification: the quote is from a State Senator, not a U.S. Senator: IOW, a nobody.
heh why does your CF Char have a 5'oclock shadow?^_^ Anyway, that's interesting info, he is a nobody senator. And I bet he does not believe in pre-trib either. Simple reasoning that was not taken into consideration by the poster of that remark, generally those that believe in pre-trib do not believe that God is currently pouring his wrath or judgement on this world. That's a big precept for the view of the pre-trib rapture of the Church view; God won't judge the world until after he calls his bride home (the church).

Upvote 0

Ozymandius

May 15, 2005
✟1,237.00
Faith
Atheist
Faith_Warrior said:
huh? hehe the average volcano inflicts far more devastation on the worlds echo system than the entire history of mankind has ever done throughout the ages. I'd be more inclined to blame this on weather wars (weather control weapons) or government conspiracies than the supposed destruction man is inflicting on the environment.

I would be more inclined to believe the vast majority of credentialed climatologists who disagree with you.

Upvote 0

Ozymandius

May 15, 2005
✟1,237.00
Faith
Atheist
Faith_Warrior said:
hmmm why do people always blame it on people that believe in the rapture? Gets annoying. chances are this politician does not believe in a rapture of the church as most politicians reject that. Just cheap shots :p

Where is this happening (blame people who beleive in the rapture)?

Upvote 0

Rusticus

Jul 2, 2005
✟8,990.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Robert43 said:
An Alabama state senator says the reason why the Gulf Coast is suffering from Hurricanes Katrina and Rita is because God is judging Americans in that region for sinful behavior.

The problem with all that is this:

Why limit it to that region?
Why not all Americans?
Why not all North Americans? (US, Canada, Mexico)
Why not the two American Continents? (North and South)
Why not the whole of humanity?
Why not any inhabitant of the Universe?

Maybe by now we realise how silly this whole idea is.....

Upvote 0

Psalms34

◄♫♪♫ תהלים ♫♪♫►
Nov 20, 2004
Southern Calif
✟22,982.00
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Constitution
Ozymandius said:
I would be more inclined to believe the vast majority of credentialed climatologists who disagree with you.
Uh which ones are those? You referring to the ones that said the worlds temp would rise 10F degrees before the passing of last Century? A single volcano spews out far more CO2's and such than man could ever achieve in all existance. And even with that sight added impact by volcanoes *cough*, we still did not see temps rise 10F degrees last century. Those Climatologists? Or the Climatologists that disagree with those climatologists?

Ozymandius said:
Where is this happening (blame people who beleive in the rapture)?
What, you can't back up one page and read the posts? Just one click back ;)

Upvote 0

Ozymandius

May 15, 2005
✟1,237.00
Faith
Atheist
Faith_Warrior said:
Uh which ones are those? You referring to the ones that said the worlds temp would rise 10F degrees before the passing of last Century? A single volcano spews out far more CO2's and such than man could ever achieve in all existance. And even with that sight added impact by volcanoes *cough*, we still did not see temps rise 10F degrees last century. Those Climatologists? Or the Climatologists that disagree with those climatologists?

I've never heard it suggested that the temperature would rise 10 degrees in the last century. I have heard that volcanos can cough out quite a bit of CO2. But, the scientific concensus is that global warming is real enough, and that increased hurricane strength is to be expected. You have non-think thank funded sources that say otherwise?

[/QUOTE]
What, you can't back up one page and read the posts? Just one click back ;)[/QUOTE]

Oh, I thought you meant this was a nation wide epidemic of some sort, not a message board phenomenon.

Upvote 0

Psalms34

◄♫♪♫ תהלים ♫♪♫►
Nov 20, 2004
Southern Calif
✟22,982.00
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Constitution
Ozymandius said:
I've never heard it suggested that the temperature would rise 10 degrees in the last century. I have heard that volcanos can cough out quite a bit of CO2. But, the scientific concensus is that global warming is real enough, and that increased hurricane strength is to be expected. You have non-think thank funded sources that say otherwise?
Ah, you must have missed the 70's and early 80's ;) The 10 degree prediction was a big thing.
Oh, I thought you meant this was a nation wide epidemic of some sort, not a message board phenomenon.
I was going to add that in but decided not to back up after the post was made just in case that was not what you were talking about. Yeah it happens a lot, actually. Such comments are derived from misinformation or ignorance in many cases. Internet, radio, you name it, it's out there. No need to mention it or be concerned, really. :)

Upvote 0

Ozymandius

May 15, 2005
✟1,237.00
Faith
Atheist
Faith_Warrior said:
Ah, you must have missed the 70's and early 80's ;) The 10 degree prediction was a big thing.
I was going to add that in but decided not to back up after the post was made just in case that was not what you were talking about. Yeah it happens a lot, actually. Such comments are derived from misinformation or ignorance in many cases. Internet, radio, you name it, it's out there. No need to mention it or be concerned, really. :)

Hehe I'm only concerned with the most up to date studies and what they tell us.

A bit off track, but do you think it might be a problem for public officials to believe the world is comming to an end in the near future, and use these convictions to guide public policy?

Upvote 0

Psalms34

◄♫♪♫ תהלים ♫♪♫►
Nov 20, 2004
Southern Calif
✟22,982.00
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Constitution
Ozymandius said:
Hehe I'm only concerned with the most up to date studies and what they tell us.
But what is known and said now is not dissimilar to what was known and said then.

Ozymandius said:
A bit off track, but do you think it might be a problem for public officials to believe the world is comming to an end in the near future, and use these convictions to guide public policy?
Some think that the world is coming to an end? Hmm I guess some do believe such a thing, but I could not say whether or not they project this into their political actions. Yes, their moral views and convictions to what is right or wrong as we all do, but how could one present a platform and carry out policy concerning it? Stick your head between your knees and kiss your... tax? I can't really say from that standpoint... or sit point. The world never ends.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums