Senator: God judging U.S. with disastrous hurricanes.

Johnboy60

Looking For Interesting News.
Dec 28, 2003
Tennessee
✟306,929.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Alabama Republican cites culture of 'gambling, sin and wickedness'.

An Alabama state senator says the reason why the Gulf Coast is suffering from Hurricanes Katrina and Rita is because God is judging Americans in that region for sinful behavior.

"New Orleans and the Mississippi Gulf Coast have always been known for gambling, sin and wickedness," wrote Sen. Hank Erwin, R-Montevallo, in a column, according to the Birmingham News. "It is the kind of behavior that ultimately brings the judgment of God."

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=46568

GutterRat

Senior Veteran
Aug 25, 2005
Chi-town...area...burbs.
Visit site
✟3,987.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Robert43 said:

An Alabama state senator says the reason why the Gulf Coast is suffering from Hurricanes Katrina and Rita is because God is judging Americans in that region for sinful behavior.

"New Orleans and the Mississippi Gulf Coast have always been known for gambling, sin and wickedness," wrote Sen. Hank Erwin, R-Montevallo, in a column, according to the Birmingham News. "It is the kind of behavior that ultimately brings the judgment of God."

Wow - didn't know the senator spent time on CF. :yawn:

Upvote 0

Psalms34

◄♫♪♫ תהלים ♫♪♫►
Nov 20, 2004
Southern Calif
✟22,982.00
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Constitution
Robert43 said:
:doh:You gotta be kidding! He should stick to politics since he has no idea what he is talking about in regards to what scripture teaches. If God were to throw out the present age of grace and cast his wrath upon a city, state or country, all that would be left is a burning hole in the ground, seriously :eek:

Upvote 0

notto

Legend
May 31, 2002
Visit site
✟22,369.00
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
BeautyForAshes said:
Ifs that's the case, has none of these people who say this ever been to Vegas? I would imagine they would lead the pack on sin, since they have the legalized prostitution.

God only hates sin on the coasts. Dry areas with little meteorological activity seem to always escape the wrath.

Reactions: MSBS
Upvote 0

praying

Snazzy Title Goes Here
Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2004
New Jersey
✟86,040.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Robert43 said:

People elected this man he is a public offcial, scary stuff. :doh:

I watched a 60 minutes (this is going back now a few years) about militias, too big federal government etc, and there was an elected official, a man from Nevada (I unfortunately forget his position), who on national TV said that the government put cameras in $20 bills and he refused to use or carry them for that reason :eek:. These are the people some choose to elect.

Upvote 0

PorcelainHeart

Love me for me
Aug 22, 2005
The island
✟25,818.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Well, if this is true about GOD I don't see him very loving at all. A loving GOD would not seek revenge on people. And this isn't the first time Hurricanes have hit, they been hitting for years, it has nothing to do with GOD. It just where you live. Even if a 100% christian society lived on the coast they would still get hurricanes. GOD isn't out to get people, they just can't believe the U.S gets hit by hurricanes like Japan and some other countries. If GOD is getting the sinners he better head to LA and Las vegas because they are just sinning away.
I really detest when people say GOD is making people suffer for their sins, half of those people never been through a hurricane, and I will tell you it's the worse thing in the world, I just want to scream at christians who think i deserve it because my state is sinful.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ampoliros

I'm my own wireless hotspot
May 15, 2004
Mars - IN MY MIND!
✟9,685.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
notto said:
God only hates sin on the coasts. Dry areas with little meteorological activity seem to always escape the wrath.

What he said. Hurricanes form in warm water, and strike areas that happen to border areas with warm water. Amazing.

Upvote 0

HumbleMan

Ragamuffin
Dec 2, 2003
Mississippi by way of Texas
✟17,870.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
If you really want to get down to it, satan is the ruler of this world (John 14:30), so I don't believe God had anything to do with the suffering and destruction on the coast. I think He protected certain areas, but didn't destroy the rest.

One of the things that didn't have any damage is the lighthouse in Biloxi. I think that's pretty cool symbology.

Upvote 0

PorcelainHeart

Love me for me
Aug 22, 2005
The island
✟25,818.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Hurricanes been happening for ages, Rita isn't the first, and she isn't going to be A last. Rita and Katrina aren't is powerful as Camille. That hurricane was really wild, she hit land as a 5 with over 160 mile hour winds. Katrina was famous for flooding New Orleans. Most non-americans and even some didn't know the U.S got hurricanes until Katrina. Rita got famous because of Katrina, and also that she made most of the gulf coast leave. Hurricanes are nothing new, they been happening since 1800 or later. Katrina and Rita don't seem as bad as past hurricanes. If Katrina didn't hit New Orleans most people wouldn't even know about her. You see how they ignored Miss, and AL. Katrina has to be the most famous storm. They talk about Rita for 4 mins on the news then they go on to Katrina. I guess people forget about the suffering of Lake Charles, east Texas and Port Arthur, they might not of flooded like New Orleans but they need help.

I agree with Humbleman, it's not GOD doing that there is suffering.

Upvote 0

eldermike

Pray
Site Supporter
Mar 24, 2002
NC
Visit site
✟20,209.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Millions of people were not stuck on roof tops, they were in motels watching color TV running the AC at max. They had a week to decide on where to go and what to take. They will go home, collect insurance, rebuild and have great stories to tell the grandchildren. Now compare this to God's judgment.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

PorcelainHeart

Love me for me
Aug 22, 2005
The island
✟25,818.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
No most people were stuck on the highways in the heat. And it really isn't fun when you lose your home and stuff, and also a hurricane is very stressful, but it's hard for people to understand that if they never been through one. Hurricanes are an awful business no matter how you look at them.

Upvote 0

eldermike

Pray
Site Supporter
Mar 24, 2002
NC
Visit site
✟20,209.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Marmaladegirl22 said:
No most people were stuck on the highways in the heat. And it really isn't fun when you lose your home and stuff, and also a hurricane is very stressful, but it's hard for people to understand that if they never been through one. Hurricanes are an awful business no matter how you look at them.

I understand that, I live in NC and have been through them myself. I was only saying that if God's judgment was the issue it would not be structures that were lost, there would be no place to hide.

Upvote 0

DhaliClone

Oct 28, 2004
✟17,207.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Ampoliros said:
What he said. Hurricanes form in warm water, and strike areas that happen to border areas with warm water. Amazing.
Get out of here with your "logic" and "reasoning."

And, why would God only judge the United States? There are PLENTY more countries that Christians would consider more "sinful" than the U.S. that never or rarely have anything like this happen to them.

Upvote 0

PorcelainHeart

Love me for me
Aug 22, 2005
The island
✟25,818.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Most countries like Japan don't even believe in the bible GOD, so if GOD is going to get the U.S he can't forget them. I don't think it's GOD fault that a bunch of bright people choosed to make home by the coast(Im one of them). The coast is alright you just get hurricanes in the summer. Btw, every area is sinful, we all sin. Tropical Storm as just as wild as hurricanes, we had Allison destory half of Houston in 2001. Houston was so flooded because of her. I think 58 people died and their was millions of dollars in damage. She built up without no one knowing. The weather man said that wave would turn into nothing, then 4 hours later he says we have a tropical storm comming.

Upvote 0