self-publishing assistance available

resetpreacher

May 19, 2014
✟7,634.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I would be interested as I have become disillusioned with traditional publishing lately, after talking to a pretty major Christian writer. He talked about his father only making $2000 on a book which has sold millions and been translated into 52 languages. Sure, I understand that the publisher was taking a risk and had no idea that it would be so successful. But IMO, they should have begun paying the author royalties after it began raking in millions. I'm sure this "Christian" publisher was acting in the law, but I would not want to answer to God for such greed.

He also said he was unable to convince another publisher to print more of one of his books. Nor would they sell him back the rights to it, so he could print more himself. He indicated he must do most of the promoting of his books himself. I noticed he has used several publishers in the books that were on display.

Unfortunately I am not able to PM anyone yet as I do not have enough posts. I suspect we would all like to hear your advice. :{)}

Upvote 0

TheBarrd

Teller of tales, writer of poems, singer of songs
Mar 1, 2015
Following a Jewish Carpenter
✟14,094.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
I, too, would like to hear your advice. I have several books at CreateSpace that I have not released yet...I'm a bit shy as I don't have a clue how to promote them. And of course no one will buy them if they never hear about them.
For me, it isn't so much the money...all though I would not object to earning a few $...but it is more about reaching people. I've tried to keep my prices very low...but Amazon does want their cut.

Upvote 0