• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

self pain

shye

Veteran
Mar 1, 2005
✟17,149.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I think about hurting myself a lot. not so bad as a few months ago, but I think about hurting my self about 3 times a week atleast. Like today at my youth group meeting I was in a good mood for like 5 minutes then I just got in a depressed mood and I kept on thinking about punching myself, smashing my head in the ground and burning myself and stuff like that. Is that normal to think of that??? oh and sometimes I think about what it will be like if I wasnt alive anymore, and picture myself killing myself. I dont have intentions on doing this, but is this normal to think about this as much as I do???

ninetails390

Pheonix of Faith
Jun 28, 2004
Earth... but I'm not home yet!
✟28,950.00
Faith
Christian
Shye, how about you try checking out the self-injury support section. ;) Even if you don't actually self-injure, you may find it quite helpful. We have some very supportive people there, as well as lots of information on the subject. :) *big :hug:*
No, though, self-injury and even thoughts of such things are not "normal," though they are actually more common than some people think... God did NOT create us to feel a natural desire to hurt ourselves, though! Don't ever think that! :hug:

Upvote 0
P

perfection

Imagine yourself being locked up in a room, what helps more whining about being locked, or a key to get out?

You are using the wrong approuch to solve the problem puzzles in your life, you need to stop using the wrong methods and start searching for the right keys to unlock the problems in your life so you can leave your problems behind you and move on with your life. They are all like puzzles, and a problem puzzle will remain a problem till the end of time until you solve it. Therefore all the effort you can make must be wasted on the right approuch and not into self injury, you must use the energy for your self injury into a different correct path which will resolve in the solving of your problem.(S)

Upvote 0

soyness

Mar 10, 2005
NY, Boston
✟15,692.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I think we can have mutual support.
I struggle with this too. Big time.
It's just that i cannot open to anyone (I know aka church) except my christian counselor.
I think we should persevere to be w/ people that are "healthy" - that could help us.

Upvote 0

BlackRain

Dec 21, 2004
texas
✟8,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
no it's not normal, but that's ok because there is GOOD NEWS: there is hope for you. promise you that! there is a way out of what you're going thru. check out the SI forum. i also encourage you to talk to someone about this...counselor-wise.

Upvote 0