• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Self-harming

NicciC

Nov 6, 2004
Johannesburg, South Africa
✟7,621.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Hey, I really know how you feel, as soon as I get over stressed I start with self mutilation, not only cutting myself but bulimia and writing "hate letters" to myself...everything.
I can relate to what a difficult time you are going through. If you wanna talk, please don't hesitate to pm me...k?
Will keep you in my prayers
:prayer:
Much love
xxx

Upvote 0

Glorianna

I'm a proud Canadian who married an American!
Mar 29, 2004
USA
✟30,938.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
melaniew said:
Sorry friends i ahve not been online much because of my work and other things that stop me coming online as much now. Missed ya all for thous who know me. Please pray for me as i ahve been self harming alot and its not doing me good atall:(:cry:

from melanie

I used to do that. If you need someone to talk to who's been there, feel free to get in contact with me. I care about you a lot even though I've never met you and it breaks my heart that you're going through this struggle. I am definitely praying for you. :prayer:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Samsara

Drinks coffee past midnight
Nov 23, 2004
Eastern Seaboard
Visit site
✟526.00
Faith
Deist
Anorexia, bulimia, self-injury.

I quit harming myself with one act at the time until I did something so blatant and harmful that I paid attention to it. I prayed for help and it came in the form of getting to an anonymous 12 step recovery meeting for eating disorders [OA, though it deals w/ all eating problems], and it's self-supporting with no dues or fees].

I began seeing patterns in my lack of eating nutritionally that contributed to my self-injurious tendencies. I haven't intentionally harmed myself in several months. God has worked so often and so efficiently in my life - in every area - that when I really want a different solution cause mine has quit working, God gives me a different solution. I just had to be ready, willing, and ask. The pain can end, dear one!

Praying for you and sending positive thoughts and energy your way!
Much love, Samsara

Upvote 0

melaniew

Oct 2, 2003
bucks
✟518.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Been self harming again but only this time i ended up getting stitches in my arm:( I hate this i really wanna stop but i can't i keep carrying on. I got a councillor im seeing him next week some time. I just can't cope i wanna die soo badly i dont feel Jesus has a plan for me anymore.

Reactions: macspetra
Upvote 0

Godsgirl481

The Dark Wolf
Jul 13, 2004
✟13,187.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I feel your pain...and totally understand..I am there too. Try doing this...next time you feel panicked to cut, try holding onto an ice cube in your hand until it melts....or hold one in both hands. It stings and can satisfy the need to cut without hurting you. It helped me when I was stopping...I have not cut in over 16 months now. Remember to run water over the ice first so it doesn't stick to your hands

Upvote 0

macspetra

Jul 5, 2004
Saskatchewan
✟15,900.00
Faith
Methodist
melaniew said:
Been self harming again but only this time i ended up getting stitches in my arm:( I hate this i really wanna stop but i can't i keep carrying on. I got a councillor im seeing him next week some time. I just can't cope i wanna die soo badly i dont feel Jesus has a plan for me anymore.
Congrats on going to see a counsellor - you don't have to struggle with this alone. God does have a plan for oyu and part of it sharing your struggle with people here.

:prayer:

A question - is it possible that when you want to cut that you come online first and start sharing your feelings? I don't know what the trigger points are for you to cut, but maybe it is a start?

Upvote 0

NJA

Jan 9, 2004
Near London
Visit site
✟48,657.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Ex:15:3: The LORD is a man of war: the LORD is his name.

You need to go to war against the thoughts that get you down, The Lord wants to make you "the head and not the tail" in your situation.

He wants to make you stronger and clearer in mind than the people that get you down so they will fear/respect you.

Call it spiritual warfare, or just having faith, throw off the grave-clothes of your former person that wasn't God's child and let the real Mel stand tall.

Find some spiritually switched-on people to pray with and take captive those wrong thoughts that continually get you down, they have no place in your heart & mind, they are a cancer.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

katylees

Kaaaaty
Sep 13, 2003
bromsgrove/cardiff UK
Visit site
✟16,339.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
He does have a plan for you hun. He loves u muchly ...im finding it hard too ...josh seems to be the one thats stopping me at the moment ..he ses i shud go see some1 about that and they i feel most of the time ...its good in a way i guess ...but it doesnt stop me from wanting to :(

Upvote 0