May 24, 2008
Flatland
✟865,422.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Where did he admit that?
His style of admitting wrong is to blame it on someone or something so when asked about it in an interview he admitted the "optics" didn't look good when he ran off to play golf within minutes of certain events occurring. One was the beheading of an American by ISIS, remember? But the way he said it was implying that people shouldn't worry so much about how things look, with that same attitude like "aw shucks I just don't understand the petty theatrics of being president because I'm thinking of more important things." The usual stuff.

Upvote 0

smaneck

Baha'i
Sep 29, 2010
Jackson, MS
✟55,644.00
Faith
Baha'i
Marital Status
Single
His style of admitting wrong is to blame it on someone or something so when asked about it in an interview he admitted the "optics" didn't look good when he ran off to play golf within minutes of certain events occurring.

That is not at all the same thing as saying it was stopping him from doing his job.

One was the beheading of an American by ISIS, remember?

No, he didn't go off to play golf right after the beheading. He played golf after interrupting his vacation to hold a press conference on the beheading.

Upvote 0

nightflight

Veteran
Mar 13, 2006
Your dreams.
✟30,570.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
That is not at all the same thing as saying it was stopping him from doing his job.

No, he didn't go off to play golf right after the beheading. He played golf after interrupting his vacation to hold a press conference on the beheading.

Then he went and played golf! :oldthumbsup:

Upvote 0

smaneck

Baha'i
Sep 29, 2010
Jackson, MS
✟55,644.00
Faith
Baha'i
Marital Status
Single
Instead of not participating in a recreational activity.

Yeah, not participating in something is not exactly spending more time on your job. He was on vacation at the time. He broke off his vacation to deal with a problem. He did what he could at the time, then went back to his vacation.

Upvote 0

Armoured

So is America great again yet?
Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Yeah, not participating in something is not exactly spending more time on your job. He was on vacation at the time. He broke off his vacation to deal with a problem. He did what he could at the time, then went back to his vacation.
Come on. The guy could have donned ashes and sackcloth and it wouldn't be enough for the Usual Suspects.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Chesterton

Whats So Funny bout Peace Love and Understanding
Site Supporter
May 24, 2008
Flatland
✟865,422.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single

I didn't say it stopped him, I said he was doing a bad job. Of course you could argue that when someone does a really, really bad job at something that they aren't really doing the job at all, but I guess that's semantics.
The double standard remains breathtaking
That attempted comparison doesn't even make sense.

Upvote 0

Armoured

Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
That attempted comparison doesn't even make sense.
To anyone who doesn't want it to, I'm sure it doesn't.

To most people "Obama is bad because he played golf in a time of national contrast" would suggest that, as a matter of consistency, the people making said claim would have to make a similar one about Bush. Yet they don't. This appears to be a double standard.

Upvote 0

Chesterton

Site Supporter
May 24, 2008
Flatland
✟865,422.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
To anyone who doesn't want it to, I'm sure it doesn't.

To most people "Obama is bad because he played golf in a time of national contrast" would suggest that, as a matter of consistency, the people making said claim would have to make a similar one about Bush. Yet they don't. This appears to be a double standard.
There's lots bad about Obama.

Upvote 0

Armoured

Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
There's lots bad about Obama.
Indeed. However doing something that plenty of other presidents have done that you didn't complain about isn't an example, one would think.

Assuming you aren't just looking for just any reason to criticise him.

Upvote 0

Arcangl86

Dec 29, 2013
✟346,403.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Indeed. However doing something that plenty of other presidents have done that you didn't complain about isn't an example, one would think.
That's the thing that gets me. There are so many legitimate criticisms one can have of President Obama, but many focus on these tiny inconsequential things.

Reactions: Armoured
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Chesterton

Site Supporter
May 24, 2008
Flatland
✟865,422.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single

Assuming you aren't just looking for just any reason to criticise him.
Alright, if you're going to press me on this - his going to play golf is more important not only only because of the callous timing, but because it's done to further his narrative/lie that there is no war on terror. He came into office with the attitude "now you've elected me, The One, I'm ending the war on terror, I'm apologizing to the Muslim world, everyone will love us, there's no such thing as Islamic terror, all peace and light now". So he intentionally downplays every terror act here and abroad by pretending "nothing to see here folks".

Upvote 0

Armoured

Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Alright, if you're going to press me on this - his going to play golf is more important not only only because of the callous timing, but because it's done to further his narrative/lie that there is no war on terror. He came into office with the attitude "now you've elected me, The One, I'm ending the war on terror, I'm apologizing to the Muslim world, everyone will love us, there's no such thing as Islamic terror, all peace and light now". So he intentionally downplays every terror act here and abroad by pretending "nothing to see here folks".
But Bush playing golf didn't mean that. Because reasons, presumably.

Upvote 0

smaneck

Baha'i
Sep 29, 2010
Jackson, MS
✟55,644.00
Faith
Baha'i
Marital Status
Single
I didn't say it stopped him, I said he was doing a bad job.

Here is what you said:

"But golf has caused a problem with him doing his job, as he himself admitted."

There is no evidence what so ever that it caused him a problem doing his job. It caused him a problem as to people's perceptions of whether he was doing his job, nothing more.

Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Here is what you said:

"But golf has caused a problem with him doing his job, as he himself admitted."

There is no evidence what so ever that it caused him a problem doing his job. It caused him a problem as to people's perceptions of whether he was doing his job, nothing more.

I agree.

And would add, he probably chose to play golf, at some improper times.

Upvote 0