1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Secret of all Secrets - Carbon 12 (666) to Carbon 7 (616)

Discussion in 'Christianity and World Religion' started by StonedProphet, Jul 15, 2011.

1. StonedProphet

StonedProphet New Member

Faith:
    Messianic
    So which one is really the mark of the beast? Well anyway, here is the stuff
    that is going "change everyone's lives" The sun is causing matter to mutate on earth. Will if the world does become a big neverending acid trip at least I'll be prepared :p

‪The Shift :Carbon12(666) to Carbon7(616)‬‏ - YouTube

666 in nature :(

"After death the body returns to it's natural carbon 12 state."

‪Carbon666.com - Element of Life.- Law of 1 - 666 - The Number of creation. Life. Jesus, God.‬‏ - YouTube

2. tripletiger1200

tripletiger1200 Amazing Grace, How Sweet the Sound

Faith:
    Non-Denominational
    I wouldn't put too much stock in to eschatological nonsense. The mark of the beast is referring to the number of the beast in Revelations. This is thought to be a specific person, a world leader who will demand worship.

3. Biker Angel

Biker Angel Never coming back to this mad house

Faith:
    Christian
    Interesting b/c a carbon atom has 6 electrons 6 neutrons and 6 protons. So if the antichrist had a name like say, Carbon then that would indeed be a fulfilled prophecy as per the 666 but not necessarily the name "Carbon" itself......just saying.

Yes Sir General Carbon Sir.:D

4. Jane_the_Bane

Jane_the_Bane Gaia's godchild

Faith:
    Pagan
    666 was a numerological chiffre for one of the 1st century Roman emperors (Nero and/or Domitian), and the Revelation of John is but an oblique way of talking about the situation of early Christianity without instantly drawing the attention of the persecutors maligned therein.

Keep in mind that Christianity started out as a doomsday cult that believed the End of Days was at hand, not thousands of years removed but about to commence right there and then, within the lifetime of the apostles.

5. Tinker Grey

Tinker Grey Wanderer

Faith:
    Atheist
    I had to look up chiffre. In English, you might use cipher.

6. secondtimearound

secondtimearound King Kong has everything on me

Faith:
    Salvation-Army

I agree that Christ Jesus was an apocalyptic preecher, I however would not reffer to it not as a cult but a sect of Judism (any refference to a cult is an obvious ad-hominem attack).

They did believe that the end of days was at hand, however one can not infer that because they believed this and it did not happen that Christ's claim that he would return was false. If Jesus's claims were true (that he was the Messiah) and he made it quite clear that even He did not know the day of his return, than one should only infer that the apostles were mistaken to hold any kind of a belief that they knew Christ would return in thier lifetime. After all, "a day can be like a thousand years to the Lord", which is why I have such trouble understanding YEC's who believe that Jesus will return (according to those contridictory belief's Jesus already came back).

As for your first paragraph, I am interested in knowing how you justify coming to your conclusion that John was simply speaking of the surrent state of Christianity? I know that he was being cryptic by drawing on biblical symbols to refference events, but how do you account for times, world wide catastrophy and the end to all evil?

7. Jane_the_Bane

Jane_the_Bane Gaia's godchild

Faith:
    Pagan
    There is nothing intrinsically derogatory about the term "cult", even though popular usage might suggest as much.

He was basically saying "though you are persecuted now, fear not, for your suffering heralds the End of Days and the World to Come".
    It's basically a re-affirmation for believers to stick to their faith no matter what, even if it means risking ostracisement and death. For the faithful will be rewarded while the evil persecutors will be brought to justice - and in the end, even death will die.
    It's just the sort of pep talk you give to a bunch of frightened followers, vindicating their beliefs and promising that they will be rewarded if they keep them.

8. secondtimearound

secondtimearound King Kong has everything on me

Faith:
    Salvation-Army

9. BruceDLimber

BruceDLimber Baha'i

Faith:
    Other-Religion
    In fact, the beast prophesied in Revelation already appeared in the year 661 CE, 666 years after the birth of Christ!

He was the one responsible for corrupting Islam and leading it down the wrong path.

(And the "second beast" was a successor.)

Peace,

Bruce