Secret of all Secrets - Carbon 12 (666) to Carbon 7 (616)

StonedProphet

May 11, 2011
✟337.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
So which one is really the mark of the beast? Well anyway, here is the stuff
that is going "change everyone's lives" The sun is causing matter to mutate on earth. Will if the world does become a big neverending acid trip at least I'll be prepared :p

‪The Shift :Carbon12(666) to Carbon7(616)‬‏ - YouTube

666 in nature :(

"After death the body returns to it's natural carbon 12 state."

‪Carbon666.com - Element of Life.- Law of 1 - 666 - The Number of creation. Life. Jesus, God.‬‏ - YouTube

Biker Angel

Never coming back to this mad house
Sep 12, 2009
California
✟10,001.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Interesting b/c a carbon atom has 6 electrons 6 neutrons and 6 protons. So if the antichrist had a name like say, Carbon then that would indeed be a fulfilled prophecy as per the 666 but not necessarily the name "Carbon" itself......just saying.

Yes Sir General Carbon Sir.:D

Upvote 0

Jane_the_Bane

Gaia's godchild
Feb 11, 2004
✟168,333.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Politics
UK-Greens
666 was a numerological chiffre for one of the 1st century Roman emperors (Nero and/or Domitian), and the Revelation of John is but an oblique way of talking about the situation of early Christianity without instantly drawing the attention of the persecutors maligned therein.

Keep in mind that Christianity started out as a doomsday cult that believed the End of Days was at hand, not thousands of years removed but about to commence right there and then, within the lifetime of the apostles.

Upvote 0

Tinker Grey

Wanderer
Supporter
Feb 6, 2002
Erewhon
Visit site
✟923,468.00
Faith
Atheist
666 was a numerological chiffre for one of the 1st century Roman emperors (Nero and/or Domitian), and the Revelation of John is but an oblique way of talking about the situation of early Christianity without instantly drawing the attention of the persecutors maligned therein.

Keep in mind that Christianity started out as a doomsday cult that believed the End of Days was at hand, not thousands of years removed but about to commence right there and then, within the lifetime of the apostles.

I had to look up chiffre. In English, you might use cipher.

Upvote 0

secondtimearound

King Kong has everything on me
Feb 12, 2009
Reality
✟8,141.00
Faith
Salvation Army
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives

I agree that Christ Jesus was an apocalyptic preecher, I however would not reffer to it not as a cult but a sect of Judism (any refference to a cult is an obvious ad-hominem attack).

They did believe that the end of days was at hand, however one can not infer that because they believed this and it did not happen that Christ's claim that he would return was false. If Jesus's claims were true (that he was the Messiah) and he made it quite clear that even He did not know the day of his return, than one should only infer that the apostles were mistaken to hold any kind of a belief that they knew Christ would return in thier lifetime. After all, "a day can be like a thousand years to the Lord", which is why I have such trouble understanding YEC's who believe that Jesus will return (according to those contridictory belief's Jesus already came back).

As for your first paragraph, I am interested in knowing how you justify coming to your conclusion that John was simply speaking of the surrent state of Christianity? I know that he was being cryptic by drawing on biblical symbols to refference events, but how do you account for times, world wide catastrophy and the end to all evil?

Upvote 0

Jane_the_Bane

Gaia's godchild
Feb 11, 2004
✟168,333.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Politics
UK-Greens
I agree that Christ Jesus was an apocalyptic preecher, I however would not reffer to it not as a cult but a sect of Judism (any refference to a cult is an obvious ad-hominem attack).
There is nothing intrinsically derogatory about the term "cult", even though popular usage might suggest as much.

As for your first paragraph, I am interested in knowing how you justify coming to your conclusion that John was simply speaking of the surrent state of Christianity? I know that he was being cryptic by drawing on biblical symbols to refference events, but how do you account for times, world wide catastrophy and the end to all evil?
He was basically saying "though you are persecuted now, fear not, for your suffering heralds the End of Days and the World to Come".
It's basically a re-affirmation for believers to stick to their faith no matter what, even if it means risking ostracisement and death. For the faithful will be rewarded while the evil persecutors will be brought to justice - and in the end, even death will die.
It's just the sort of pep talk you give to a bunch of frightened followers, vindicating their beliefs and promising that they will be rewarded if they keep them.

Upvote 0

secondtimearound

King Kong has everything on me
Feb 12, 2009
Reality
✟8,141.00
Faith
Salvation Army
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
There is nothing intrinsically derogatory about the term "cult", even though popular usage might suggest as much.

Upon further study, I agree that use of the word "cult" is not offensive (when taken in light of it's definition) especially when describing it's early followers. However I would have to say that using this to describe Christianity in it's present state is offensive, given it's present popular context. I apologize for jumping the gun.

He was basically saying "though you are persecuted now, fear not, for your suffering heralds the End of Days and the World to Come".
It's basically a re-affirmation for believers to stick to their faith no matter what, even if it means risking ostracisement and death. For the faithful will be rewarded while the evil persecutors will be brought to justice - and in the end, even death will die.
It's just the sort of pep talk you give to a bunch of frightened followers, vindicating their beliefs and promising that they will be rewarded if they keep them.

For anyone interested here is a nice summary article on "The Book Of Revelations" :

Book Of Revelation | Apocalypse! FRONTLINE | PBS

However, given all the intrinsic proficies of the bible that the Messiah must fulfill (which Christ did not) along with the prophecies about the world that were not fulfilled and Christ's claim that he would return to rule, as a believer I feel justifyed in saying "Jesus will return." After all, it was one of the focuses of his preeching and if I believe He is the Son of God then I really can't turn around and say He was just joshing on the subject of his return.

So in regards to The Book Of Revelations, I believe in the inspired writing of the Bible and in such hold that it's message carries on to future believers until time has run it course. Something of a "current events view", current in the first century and current in this century as well as in between. It would seem you hold more of a literal interpretation written by means of symbollic representation (somewhere along the lines of a Kite) as a message to cheer them up through intense persecution. You are justified in saying this as even lots of scholars would agree with you, but as a believer I feel that there is more to The Bool Of Revelations than it's litteral and historical context (in the sense of first century events) and like the rest of the Bible shares a revelation to the world.

Upvote 0

BruceDLimber

Baha'i
Nov 14, 2005
Rockville, Maryland, USA
✟10,839.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
In fact, the beast prophesied in Revelation already appeared in the year 661 CE, 666 years after the birth of Christ!

He was the one responsible for corrupting Islam and leading it down the wrong path.

(And the "second beast" was a successor.)

Peace,

Bruce

Upvote 0