Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,865.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Is it ok for sdas to do this, arent they supporting churches they cant fellowship with on sunday with rent?

If find it confusing to find that SDAs will hire a baptist church say to gather in when they dont want anything to do with the people who gather there on sunday.

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Esp considering they call all other churches harlots of babylon?!

I dont know if also whether they will hire out catholic churches who are especially hated by SDAs.

We do not call other churches harlots of Babylon! Nor do we hate Catholics!!! One if my best friends is Catholic, she's been my friend for over 20 years!
We are opposed to theologies, not people!!!
We have rented from other churches and we rent to other churches. We rented for a long time while getting our own building erected. And we turned around and rented to others who needed a building while they got theirs going.

Upvote 0

Jim Langston

Non denominational fundamentalist
Supporter
Jul 9, 2005
Bellingham, WA
✟79,514.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Is it ok for sdas to do this, arent they supporting churches they cant fellowship with on sunday with rent?

If find it confusing to find that SDAs will hire a baptist church say to gather in when they dont want anything to do with the people who gather there on sunday.

I have only been to a SDA a few times and while they to teach - correctly in my opinion - that the sabbath is Saturday I have never heard them say anything about other religions one way or the other except that yhey are worshipping/resting on the wrong day. They still teach love they neighbor as thyself from what I've seen.

I have not read any official church literature calling anyone the harlot of babylon. Perhaps that is what some teach, I don't know, but it is not how it was presented to me.

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Goodbook - I do not know about where you live but here in the US this is a common practice.

Our congregation and 2 others rent the building from the host congregation. We have the building on Saturday, and the English, Brazilian/Portuguese and Korean congregations take turns on Sunday.

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
As to the so-called "wh*re of babylon," that was a title reserved by most evangelical churches around here back a hundred + years ago specifically for the Catholic church.

I grew up near one of the main seminaries of Adventism - Andrews University. I never once heard any of the Adventists call Baptists by that name. I did hear from some that Sunday worship was the "mark of the beast," but later found out that was a distortion of Adventist theology. It only becomes that after God has made His insistence on Saturday abundantly clear to all and those who stubbornly refuse to change will get the mark.

That is from "The Reign of God," a first year theology text, Andrews University Press.

Reactions: fromtheearth
Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,865.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Ok i just heard someone imply it right here on CF.
i thought it was a bit odd and wondered if Id misread the post.

They were posting in the looking for a church forum. I think they were afraid that I was going to go to a catholic church or belonged to one. But i said no this church i am talking about is a baptist. They then said it didnt matter baptists are the same, because only sda is the remnant.

?!

Dont worry maybe this person is mistaken. I dont know many sdas myself, not personally, but just find their beliefs odd.

Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,865.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
We do not call other churches harlots of Babylon! Nor do we hate Catholics!!! One if my best friends is Catholic, she's been my friend for over 20 years!
We are opposed to theologies, not people!!!
We have rented from other churches and we rent to other churches. We rented for a long time while getting our own building erected. And we turned around and rented to others who needed a building while they got theirs going.
Well thats a relief to know. Maybe this person who posted on CF is wrong, but i was quite taken aback.

Btw am not looking to go to a SDA church, but I found out I could just go to the same baptist church and there will be SDAS worshipping there on a saturday. Its just weird that the church doesnt advertise the fact in the church bulletin. If we are all christians, then cant they just call it the saturday worship just like theres worship on tuesdays? Why the separation?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,865.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Its just if the sdas went to the tuesday services, the sda church could have a rest on saturday and we could tidy up the garden without disturbing the sdas.

Now, if they are renting out our church on saturdays it means we cant get in.

One time i went there on a sunday afternoon and found a korean church having a service, and they didnt like me just walking in. Cos I wasnt korean..i dont know.

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
A shame cos i know many pastors that have weight problems. Surely sdas could come to the tuesday services though. Or do they HAVE to gather on a saturday?

LOL! There are plenty of fat SDA's! It's a matter of knowing what to do, but not doing it. The one thing about food--there is no hiding the fact that you are eating too much. You can hide most other sins, but not that one!
We worship God on Saturday-we also gather on Wed. for prayer, and sometimes for Fri night vespers and sometimes Sat night vespers.

Upvote 0