JesusTaxiExpress

Oct 4, 2014
Buffalo, NY
✟8,632.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Anyone ever have scripture come to them during dreams ? For some reason a few nights ago I kept having this in my dream over and over...

"Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God."

What's kind of interesting is that I had to call 911 on a passenger in my cab about 5 weeks ago or so, and one of the cops that showed up was a Christian, and he quoted me that scripture.....

BrokenWarrior

Just a Messenger
Dec 29, 2014
Where ever my Lord's work is to be done.
✟8,157.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Anyone ever have scripture come to them during dreams ? For some reason a few nights ago I kept having this in my dream over and over...

"Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God."

What's kind of interesting is that I had to call 911 on a passenger in my cab about 5 weeks ago or so, and one of the cops that showed up was a Christian, and he quoted me that scripture.....

Quite interesting Brother,

I am sorry that there is not much I can say on the matter, but from my perspective I believe God might be trying to tell either you or someone you know through you this message.

Sounds like God wants somebody to live for Him more?

Is there maybe a sin in your life you haven't repented of? Maybe even one you yourself don't realize?

Again, sorry I'm not of much help, but your story was too interesting to not have threw my 2 pennies worth in.:)

God Bless Brother!
-The Current Lowest Servant

Upvote 0

SaintJoeNow

Mar 4, 2015
USA
✟3,191.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
I had a dream maybe a year after I was saved in 1982. I still vividly remember it, won't tell all the details because I want to do or have somebody do for me a painting of it...but it was Romans 12:1 and 2, I was reading those verses in the dream.

I do believe what something like that happens, it's specially tailored from God to you because He knows it's just what you need to remember.

Upvote 0

SaintJoeNow

Mar 4, 2015
USA
✟3,191.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
That is very cool! :) Thank you for sharing that! I wish I could remember scripture in my dreams I will pray for that for me :)

The more focused you are during the day in prayer and meditating in God's Word, reading it and letting the quotes from it flow in your memory thoughout the day, and especially honestly in specific wording telling him your thoughts, feelings, and desires in prayer as you fall asleep....

The more you do that, the more likely you will have dreams which will be memorable for your growth as a Christian. Just be careful not to go off the deep end on things that happen in dreams, making more of them than they really are. Humble yourself in the sight of the Lord.....

The OP story is a great one indeed, with a very simple and and vey profound message...

Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that procedeth out of the mouth of God. Profound indeed, and quite wonderful how that message was repeated out of the blue by one of the men in blue during that 9/11 emergency. That's like real ice cream on top of the dream cake.

Upvote 0

SaintJoeNow

Mar 4, 2015
USA
✟3,191.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
My own choice of lifetime favorite verse is Psalm 85:10 in the passage of 85:8-13. Because of that dream with Roman's 12:1-2, I think that's God's choice of my favorite passage. There was something else in that dream from 25 years ago which appeared in a more recent dream a year or so ago, making me think both of those dreams really were sent by God as He knew exactly what I needed then. That recent dream around a year ago came in a very stressful situation, and that dream was wonderfully refreshing for me so I felt strengthened to face the situation I had to face and I believe it all went good because that dream gave me the courage to stand in faith in Christ and face the people I had to say and say the things I had to say. I forget exactly what those things were now, but I sure remember that dream and the thing in it which was the same thing in my Rom. 12:1-2 dream 25 years earlier which made me think it was from the tenderloving hand of God to encourage me.

I don't talk about these things much because people will think I'm trying to make myself out to be somebody super special. They were just little dreams with special little messages for little old me. In face to face real life around people who know me, they know I'm a sinner full of faults and not trying to put myself on a pedestal by talking about dreams.

Some people really get carried away with their dreams and think everything is for prophecy from God. Then the devil gets in there and starts some accusations or gossip based on the dreams and boom... a church is torn apart, split or completely ruined because of somebody thinking they were all that with dreams from God.

Upvote 0